Welcome Mauricio Pochettino

2 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

How about looking this way... Comparing to season before...

44 points - 63 points 

38 goals scored - 77 goals 

12th position - 6th 

Improvements all the way. 

It's like taking a an F1 race car, then you change the suspension, the engine, tires, chassis, and the pilot. Then after finishing in better positions all season, someone comes in and says the pilot must be better because the results are better. 😉

Note that I'm not saying that Poch wasn't an improvement; only that's it's impossible to attribute causality with so many variables in the mix.

9 hours ago, DH1988 said:

My personal opinion for removing him:

- No plan B during games, he even said it himself the players have no plan except give it to Palmer

- Inconsistent message externally, especially relating to Spurs, I understand you don't want to burn bridges but you're at Chelsea, a huge club, not your tiny tinpot Spuds

- Misusing players in positions

- Subs bar 2 notable recent games have been lacklustre

I, personally, do not feel he is the guy to take us forward, he's a decent interim, but we are in such a dangerous time, if we don't kick on then we will be in dire straits. 

I don't agree he's the guy for the long term but I don't see options + one summer of continuity might really help 

Who's a real option?

8 hours ago, Mhsc said:

An extra 2 years? That would be hilariously bad decision.

We should tell him the truth: this is the absolute minimum acceptable and next season has to be better. No more excuses. No whining to the press about how you aren't getting to buy whichever players you feel like. Get on with the job and deliver. Promise him an extension around Christmas if we are top 4 around that time. Give him 1 year then. Keep our options open.

He has done an alright job recently but I would say he is very marginal not to get the sack on balance of his performance over the season. Wouldn't really surprise me either way tbh. But him getting an extension right now would be a massive surprise to me and quite poor from the club. We cannot be rewarding 6th place. The most we can say is that due to mitigating circumstances he deserves a chance to prove he can do better.

Definitely Poch should not be given any more powers over transfer strategy. Let Joe Shields and the others run that department. 

5 hours ago, robsblubot said:

It's like taking a an F1 race car, then you change the suspension, the engine, tires, chassis, and the pilot. Then after finishing in better positions all season, someone comes in and says the pilot must be better because the results are better. 😉

Note that I'm not saying that Poch wasn't an improvement; only that's it's impossible to attribute causality with so many variables in the mix.

Pretty sure you were saying how it was mistake selling Kante, Kovacic, Mount, Havertz, Pulisic... And that they are better than replacements... So from your pov Poch has even worse engine, tyres, suspension... Which makes it all even more impressive.

Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Pretty sure you were saying how it was mistake selling Kante, Kovacic, Mount, Havertz, Pulisic... And that they are better than replacements... So from your pov Poch has even worse engine, tyres, suspension... Which makes it all even more impressive.

What's impressive about being 6th spending as much as the club did? That's the part I have a little bit of trouble grasping.
Presumably we bought all good players, overpriced ones, perhaps most never WC ones, but still good players given the amount spent.
So, what is so fucking impressive being done by Chelsea FC?

Regarding the players you mention, I'm really glad football isn't that simple. As an example, is United Mount closer to CL winning Mount or last season with us Mount?

Edited by robsblubot

I'll give him one more season and check how things are going.. Also will monitoring how Alonso, Mota are doing.. 

And if no improvement next season ill go for one of both.. 

Improvement i mean top4 finish and one cup win

5 hours ago, robsblubot said:

What's impressive about being 6th spending as much as the club did? That's the part I have a little bit of trouble grasping.

If u only look on the money spent, the numbers per se, your right, but I think u have to add a little bit of context here on who we spent this money. 

We basically spent the money on potential, on prospect, not immediate effect. We sold senior players and bought kids - and still improved. Not even considering our horrendous injury crisis thruout the season, which was kinda unprecedented, I cant remember a worse injury situation for this club. 

Yes, these kids were extremely expensive, but u cant expect them to perform like senior players straight away. We had the youngest team in the entire league, Silva included. That alone shows that solely looking on the spendings is not fair. 

Not buying the injury excuses, you can argue a lot of those injuries was a net positive. Tbh, my biggest concern is if everyone healthy would Poch know his best starting XI. Don't think so.

It would be a poor decision to get rid of a manager the players actually like. That disrupts team cohesion and to bring in another manager at this stage can throw that out of whack. Certain players are performing or over performing due to Poch man management it may not be the same with another.

1 hour ago, Gundalf said:

TheHulk in April 2025: "sack Amorim and get Glasner. He is the real deal" 😝

If he ends up losing a Cup against 18 years old kids as well, of course I will. The only way I'd take another season of this guy is if we get a pre agreement with Alonso for next season.

7 hours ago, robsblubot said:

Presumably we bought all good players, overpriced ones, perhaps most never WC ones, but still good players given the amount spent.
So, what is so fucking impressive being done by Chelsea FC?

Do you watch NBA? We are in rebuilding process. San Antonio Spurs are among worst teams in the league but they got Wemby and you just know they gonna dominate in a couple of seasons. Oklahoma City Thunder another solid example. 

McKenna would be Potter 2.0 if we were to appoint him. Most of the players will have never heard of him and therefore won’t respect him. You’d have this guy who was the manager of some tiny little club trying to speak with authority to a group of international stars. It just would be an incredibly stupid gamble.

Just keep Poch or if he HAS to go in the owners’ minds get RDZ.

19 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Just keep Poch or if he HAS to go in the owners’ minds get RDZ.

I agree. Especially as he is available for free. My only question about RDZ is whether he can handle breaking down parked buses, how often did Brighton have to deal with that compared to us? I mean not that Poch did a good job here either, but still a thought...