Welcome Mauricio Pochettino

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Do you watch NBA? We are in rebuilding process. San Antonio Spurs are among worst teams in the league but they got Wemby and you just know they gonna dominate in a couple of seasons. Oklahoma City Thunder another solid example. 

nah watch a game here and there, but don't follow the news. My cousin is a massive LA fan tho.

That's a massive assumption, and American sports are fairer in that regard. It's also much easier to rebuild a Basketball team for obvious (Maths) reasons. City does not "rebuild." What does rebuilding even mean exactly here? You lost too many of your important players and had to go to the market? We had to rebuild because we fucked up as a club.
Do you mean that we are rebuilding a young squad with potential to "dominate" in the future? Why do you think that? Players don't progress linearly; some of these players have already reached, or are close to, their peaks... we just don't know it yet.
This idea that if a player is good at 22 he will be a monster at 26 does not reflect reality. 🤷‍♂️

Reminder that we did NOT have Europe last season, so fresh legs and time to prep for each game. Things will be more interesting now. To emphasize, that not being 100% does not really mean tired--players just don't fully recover from match to match.

I think Poch did a good job considering the new squad situation, but not the money spent. To get from where we are to where we want to be is much much harder than to get to where we are now, especially considering the amount spent.

Edited by robsblubot
NOT have Europe

36 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

Closed leagues with players that can be traded without their consent is an impossible comparison to world club football. Too many variables that are completely different.

That's the part I'm most curious about: how the long contracts will pan out in the world of football.

6 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

That's the part I'm most curious about: how the long contracts will pan out in the world of football.

I think it is just a financial accounting measure. We could never force all these kids to stay past them wanting to be here. The real risk is moving on a dud.

22 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

What terms needs to be agreed? Just continue this way. 

Poch said he wanted more say in transfers. In the next press conference after that statement he said this wasn’t his team, it is Chelsea’s team. He was really over playing his hand. Egbhali was as not really convinced that Poch would be the long term coach at Chelsea and evidently all this thin skin behavior from Poch about rumors in the press has not set well with both Egbhali and Feliciano, both cofounders of Clearlake. 

All this is of course through the English press. 

Young manager sounds like McKenna. God help us if we sack Poch…

We’ve now seen numerous BIG players in our team back Poch. And not only saying the cliché “yeah, he’s good” stuff but we’ve seen top players like Enzo, Palmer etc saying he has been great and that they really fought for him in this run in.

Can't see this ending well.. I've had my doubts and moments where think hmmm what is he doing where are we going. But then other glimpses of something postive. You know if we sack him..hire another it won't last and will keep doing this round and round. May not be long term but feel deserves another season. No one can build anything if not given a chance! 

1 hour ago, TheHulk said:

If it's between Poch and McKenna I'd rather stick with Poch as well. Sick of these English managers.

Would be the most backwards decision from Clownlake yet, if they did go down this route.

Hoping this is just a rumor.

Unless there is a surefire better option than Poch out there, they should just continue with what we have.