Welcome Mauricio Pochettino

31 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

So if we are using underlying metrics for players then what about Poch saying we would be fourth based on underlying metrics this season? You’re not going to convince anybody Mudryk and Noni are good players based on underlying metrics either. They are awful. People can see that with their eyes. Theres a reason they are bench players in one of the worst sides we have had in ages. Thats just further proof that underlying metrics are shite.

Irrespectively of who’s to blame be it players or managers as a collective, the individual and collective performances is extraordinarily poor considering the value of the squad.

The underlying metrics says Poch is shit at game management and being proactive when we are 18th in the league table based on 2nd half performances. 

I suppose Bournemouth have a better players than us now. 

10 hours ago, robsblubot said:

It's so strange to hear Poch did this or that against Liverpool in the final. The only remotely defensive-minded sub was Challobah for Chilwell, who was prob dead and buried by then given his fitness levels. To balance it out, he replaced Gallagher with Madueke, so we ended up having more attacking players in that extra time.

Speaking of which, both Madueke and Mudryk did fuck all against Liverpool kids with acres of space against their high line in those 30 min of extra time. Nkunku was on the pitch as well, and just as ineffective, but that guy has hardly played this season.... injuries.... So, no, the players don't get a pass from me.

Yes that is exactly what happened. Poch went more attacking in extra time. Forget playing on the counter by taking off our only ST and playing long ball to an isolated Nkunku, with Mudryk and Madueke acting as ancillary wingbacks and Enzo and Caicedo playing deeper and deeper for what ever reason. 

Fucking hell. 

3 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

The underlying metrics says Poch is shit at game management and being proactive when we are 18th in the league table based on 2nd half performances. 

I suppose Bournemouth have a better players than us now. 

Yes that is exactly what happened. Poch went more attacking in extra time. Forget playing on the counter by taking off our only ST and playing long ball to an isolated Nkunku, with Mudryk and Madueke acting as ancillary wingbacks and Enzo and Caicedo playing deeper and deeper for what ever reason. 

Fucking hell. 

Yeah maybe he is. Good players find ways to win big games though... we are missing those.

Like drop back, take the ball from one of the Liverpool kids and beat a couple of players to create something--seen it done by less than WC players tbh. Their isolation was too their own fault.

Reminder that we've won a freaking Champions League with Di Matteo at the helm... 😃

Edited by robsblubot

On 02/04/2024 at 16:42, milka said:

Yep we come to the conclusion, which is clear, that Pochettino is not a top coach and our managment is poor .Our best players Palmer and Gallagher can hardly even be on the bench for the teams of the last 10 years, let's be real which tells you what level we have .

We didn't had better RW in Roman era than Palmer. 

13 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

We didn't had better RW in Roman era than Palmer. 

On skill alone, I agree with you. I know it's controversial, but balance of a team is always FAR more important than individual brilliance in my book.
If you have Eden on the left, then you prob don't want palmer on the right. Maybe move him as CAM and get a workhorse like Willian on the right. Might still be too attacking minded to win silverware tho eh.

His point about Gallagher still stands tho. I think the issue is more of lack of balance once again: if we had a CAM in the roster (other than moving Palmer there), then Gallagher could drop back a bit where his characteristics are more of a fit. Then we'd have better options in a CM pivot between the 3 who always play and don't provide enough going forward.

Edited by robsblubot

The real worries for me aren't the players liking him etc it's the lack of tactical instruction, lack of shape we never have, the players really do feel like it's alright off you go then chaps try to be creative and win the game.

Yes we've been unlucky with injuries and in general lack of ruthlessness by players but the above is the real worry for me, even if we were to get anywhere near top 4 next season, we'd go no further with this coach.

24 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

Not sure where Poch would be at without Palmer, he is worse than Potter imo.

Second part is fair, but first could be said about pretty much any winning side (Drogba, lamps, Eden...).
Even if Tuchel did not have that one game winner, he did have a number of WC players who just turned up for that run (Rudiger and Kante to name 2).

Even the worst Chelsea teams I can remember (this one is right there for me), had some good players in it.

Edited by robsblubot

22 hours ago, Fernando said:

Like I keep saying. Buy a defense and all of a sudden he will look really good. 

Sorry for the DP, but I'd say the midfield is still a bigger concern than the D for me. And although the goalie has been doing well for his age and experience, we should do without such qualifiers every time we talk about our starters.

There is a reason both Chelsea and United can't control matches.

Edited by robsblubot

4 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

Second part is fair, but first could be said about pretty much any winning side (Drogba, lamps, Eden...).
Even if Tuchel did not have that one game winner, he did have a number of WC players who just tuned up for that run (Rudiger and Kante to name 2).

That is true, but those sides were playing at a much higher level. .

I actually think Tuchel first 6 months was great team football. From GK all the way to the attacking trio Werner, Havertz, and Mount were playing good football. More was needed out of them, but it is amazing to me how he completely moved away from that trio that just won a CL, and following season they hardly played together. 

19 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Said he wants 5 years to get Chelsea up there. Fuck off with that

Yep. Even then, 5 years and some of these muppets like Mudryk, Noni, Jackson will still be not good enough for a team of this level. Or not for starting anyway.

Poch likely saying 5 years because the ownership have always been talking about the long term though. And the sporting directors seem to be of that mentality.

It’s a shambles from top to bottom. 

Edited by OneMoSalah

19 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Said he wants 5 years to get Chelsea up there. Fuck off with that

I will still give him next season with a better defense. I will like to see how he does. 

Because scoring goals we are doing that now, something we had problems before. But it's holding unto leads that is the problem, so a better defense will help with that. 

Edited by Fernando

1 hour ago, Fernando said:

I will still give him next season with a better defense. I will like to see how he does. 

Because scoring goals we are doing that now, something we had problems before. But it's holding unto leads that is the problem, so a better defense will help with that. 

Same was said about Lampard. He was given Silva , Chilwell and Mendy, defence was still chaotic because the whole team was disorganized.

Like we are seeing now.