The Next Manager?

My personal preference is for a manager who is very particular in the playing style, one of these modern managers. One who will be super annoying regarding players characteristics and whether someone would work on his system, or not. He would ask for very specific characteristics and let go of players who don't fit that style.

That way, maybe, just maybe, we may be able to disrupt "the project" just long enough to get a team going. 😅

7 hours ago, robsblubot said:

My personal preference is for a manager who is very particular in the playing style, one of these modern managers. One who will be super annoying regarding players characteristics and whether someone would work on his system, or not. He would ask for very specific characteristics and let go of players who don't fit that style.

That way, maybe, just maybe, we may be able to disrupt "the project" just long enough to get a team going. 😅

The only chance is to identify someone whose style fits our squad. As said on the game thread, no way we can afford another rebuild. 

I’m happy we are 9th. It would be better for the new manager to have a season without Europe. Our squad cannot compete playing once a week so we can forget the levels required for European games.

I hope the club is doing its checks. Liverpool, West Ham are in the market for a manager and are already talking to Amorim, Slot. Rumours about United approaching Tuchel. I hope the club is working on its approaches to act if a good manager is available. 

36 minutes ago, Cosmin said:

The only chance is to identify someone whose style fits our squad. As said on the game thread, no way we can afford another rebuild. 

yeah good point. Unless we are able to move some players, which will be hard. The ones with market value are also the ones we'd want to keep.

I still don't think this squad is coachable as in it can't possible compete in the PL. Even if the perma-injured players come back and stay healthy, we'd still be a few signings short from being able to compete esp in attack--Martinelli and Jesus were sitting on the bench yesterday.

Edited by robsblubot

12 minutes ago, Cosmin said:

Arne Slot would've been my preffered option, but he's off to Liverpool. 

I wonder how Gian Piero Gasperini would work. 

How good is his English? Haven't heard an English interview of him 

11 hours ago, lucio said:

Flick 

Amorim 

xavi 

emery 

motta 

zidane 

Michel 

if we keep poch the club is confirmed done , last chance to save the club tonight 

Emery just signed a new contract with Villa till 2027

6 minutes ago, Strike said:

Emery just signed a new contract with Villa till 2027

Fool move , he won’t be able to maintain top 4 with their resources 

Feel like Xavi would be a good upgrade but would need new players , couldn’t have Gallagher , mudruk Jackson and caicedo chasing first touches. We’ve built a team of passion merchants which no Classy manager would want 

Edited by lucio

4 hours ago, Strike said:

I hope the club is doing its checks. Liverpool, West Ham are in the market for a manager and are already talking to Amorim, Slot. Rumours about United approaching Tuchel. I hope the club is working on its approaches to act if a good manager is available. 

Probably not..it'll be some random or someone who has done well for a short while. They don't seem to have looked at the bigger picture.

Guess one thing is Poch was never given a huge year contact so that works in favour.