The Next Manager?

On 07/02/2024 at 18:53, Fulham Broadway said:

Mauricio Pochettino is at growing risk of losing his job as Chelsea manager, with Blues co-owner Todd Boehly reportedly targeting Girona’s Michel as a high-quality replacement.

reuters

Urghhhh...gana turn into a case. of one manager a season. 

• 2 weeks later...

Ruben Amorim 

Unai Emery 

whoever is managing Girona 

Naglesman ? Think he already rejected us and we are hardly more appealing now 

no point suggesting Alonso 

On 07/02/2024 at 18:53, Fulham Broadway said:

Mauricio Pochettino is at growing risk of losing his job as Chelsea manager, with Blues co-owner Todd Boehly reportedly targeting Girona’s Michel as a high-quality replacement.

reuters

Girona bottling hard , avoid their coach 

Am I the only one who doesn't want De Zerbi or Amorim?

De Zerbi doesn't have the mentality and is overrated. Amorim plays with this 3-back nonsens and gives me Villias-Boas vibes

I just can’t believe that this is even being talked about. What makes us think any decent coaches are forming a queue to join us , unless they want to make a fast buck ? Jose, a definite No No. Poch is the best we are gonna get and we have to give him until at-least Xmas and then review. Those who want shot of him now should be careful what they wish for !!

2 hours ago, Seymop said:

I just can’t believe that this is even being talked about. What makes us think any decent coaches are forming a queue to join us , unless they want to make a fast buck ? Jose, a definite No No. Poch is the best we are gonna get and we have to give him until at-least Xmas and then review. Those who want shot of him now should be careful what they wish for !!

I thought this up until a month ago where I started asking questions like: 

What patterns of play am I seeing? 

Does the manager make impactful substitutions? 

Does the manager recognise when we start losing consistency and allowing the other team to come onto us? 

Can the manager drop players who desperately need dropping and not just plod along with them (Caicedo and before that Sanchez)? 

Can the manager maintain attacking output if we begin to tire and not revert to going into a defensive shell? 

Can the manager this season get us fit so we can run teams off the park as we are only playing domestic competitions? 

Do I see improvements in the players we had last season? 

Every answer to the above was no. Potter got a lot of complaints but at least I saw patterns of play. Additionally, last year was a lot worse in terms of managing the squad because of the moronic Jan spree we went on. In addition, I think all the players that were here last season are worse than they were last season - Cucu maybe the only exception. 

For me, I just cannot see what he does well and I know there are other managers out there that could at least do one of the above.

9 hours ago, Nero said:

I don’t think the owners will do it. They’ll be too proud/stupid to do it. Half of these so called players we have will never ever be tough enough mentally for Tuchel. He‘d certainly risk upsetting a lot of these younger players but I genuinely think some of them need to toughen up.

Particularly the likes of Fernandez, Caicedo, Jackson, Colwill, Mudryk and Badiashile - who all in different/multiple ways look far too soft or petulant.

I mean I still laugh every time Jackson scores and shushes the opposition crowd. After likely missing about 3 or 4 easy chances and he’s sat trying to wind up the crowd? Not to mention how many stupid yellow cards does he pick up for shit like that and dissent? Focus on doing the job well and consistently first instead of acting like a petulant little kid thinking you’re proving something to the opposition fans, just looks like a grade A fanny.

And Enzo showing more fight going up the stairs at Wembley after a Liverpool fan goaded him for losing than he did in 30 minutes of extra time when Klopp threw a couple of kids on and they ran over the top of him and Caicedo. Embarrassing. 

Maybe Tuchel would toughen some of these up but I also think he would tell some of the squad, that they aren’t Chelsea level players either. It would certainly be explosive.

Edited by OneMoSalah

People saying Tuchel would not work well with these young players should remember what he worked with at Dortmund. I cant see it happening. Tuchel is a control freak, there is no way these owners are handing over the team to him without collaboration.