The Next Manager?

De Zebri another Mid XG merhcant who is even behind us this season  what a jokers run this club .  But this is our level now no one elite gaffer will come here with these clowns everything is PR to calm the fans .

Edited by milka

1 hour ago, Vegetable said:

Yeah, us out of Europe is a crime from the owners and they should be held accountable for it, but realistically, should we somehow in wacky lucky way qualified to Europe, what would we get? Going 0-3 down with 3rd team of Slovakian league, with due respect?

At this point I'm just wondering whether ultra-dumb move of sacking Tuchel will haunt us for longer, than letting De Bruyne and Salah go (only difference they would probably rot here had they stayed).

Whoever will be appointed there should be two fundamental rules: Stay clear of freaking Brighton (like, fucking seriously this time) and shut the hell up - bs spoken by owners and PR team put owner's personal reputation at stake when appointing Potter (got flashbacks by just typing this name) AND they did exactly the same freaking thing with Poch - it made both practically unsackable. DO NOT say the appointment is a pinnacle of your footballing knowledge, vision, data system, faith and brainchild of intensive work from all the best people in club. Shut up. Just say welcome to the club and move on.

Tuchel was going to get himself sacked one way or another that season, he is a good cup manager but he was clearly the wrong person to lead Chelsea.   

We should get that guy, but i think he is likely what Bayern will push for at the end of the season. 

Weird but there was a bloke in the MHL, season ticket holder saying Chels fans are behaving like 'entitled brats'. Yes we had the good times under Jose, Abramovich but every club has its peaks and troughs and we should be grateful -(I know this because i went home and away through all the shit years) but embrace the 'bad' times as the good will return. Its painful but at least we're not Sp*rs.

As I walked back thought he kinda made sense but the frustration is Clownlake and stultifying incompetence at every level.

9 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

Tuchel was going to get himself sacked one way or another that season, he is a good cup manager but he was clearly the wrong person to lead Chelsea.   

All I know we didn't get any better than him since. Not even close. And nothing in perspective. And we pretty much lost the chance of getting any top-tier manager with that so-called rebuild. And he actually cared and it doesn't happen often.

It's a wired tweet as he was know for relying on rather unobvious players in BVB. Hell, he even improved our players way more, than anyone afer him and not many before. Not convinced with his transfer target choices, but maybe he would provide some reality check about our hundreds of millions in „potential and exciting talents” unlike the Clearlake yes-men. Well, pointless talk anyway.

9 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

As I walked back thought he kinda made sense but the frustration is Clownlake and stultifying incompetence at every level.

Except some fifa kids, we share the problem with Arsenal fans a while ago and Man U to some extent. Losing is fine, losing due to driving the club into wall and showing nothing but losers mentality is not fine and has nothing to do with entitlement.

5 minutes ago, Vegetable said:

Except some fifa kids, we share the problem with Arsenal fans a while ago and Man U to some extent. Losing is fine, losing due to driving the club into wall and showing nothing but losers mentality is not fine and has nothing to do with entitlement.

It does if you look at every other club. No club is at the top ad nauseum- to expect otherwise is childish. 

The frustrating thing is the clusterfuck that is Clownlake. Plenty of cash but decisions are gash. All the gear, no fucking idea.

5 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Weird but there was a bloke in the MHL, season ticket holder saying Chels fans are behaving like 'entitled brats'. Yes we had the good times under Jose, Abramovich but every club has its peaks and troughs and we should be grateful -(I know this because i went home and away through all the shit years) but embrace the 'bad' times as the good will return. Its painful but at least we're not Sp*rs.

I don't get that 'entitled brats' criticism. I mean we finished 12th last season and currently 9th. That is just bad and certainly no excuse to be playing like this, it is not like we are just missing out on top 4, if it was case yeah i would get "entitled brats" criticism. But we are very far behind where we used to be. 

45 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

I don't get that 'entitled brats' criticism. I mean we finished 12th last season and currently 9th. That is just bad and certainly no excuse to be playing like this, it is not like we are just missing out on top 4, if it was case yeah i would get "entitled brats" criticism. But we are very far behind where we used to be. 

The point being that no team sustains that level of success ad infinitum. Not saying we shouldnt be doing better but he has a point.

Leicester just got promoted back to the PL with Maresca. Which means, after Arteta and Kompany, he will be the 3rd manager coming out from his team becoming a PL team leader.

Maybe we should start looking at their staff lol.. Their unused sub player became ultimate star here, maybe they have some 4th-assistant coach who could immediately lead us to glory.

1 hour ago, Strike said:

Shocking if true, I highly doubt though.

37 minutes ago, nyikolajevics said:

Which means, after Arteta and Kompany, he will be the 3rd manager coming out from his team becoming a PL team leader.

Kompany will be back in the Championship by the end of the season, I think PL management came too soon for him. 

1 hour ago, nyikolajevics said:

Leicester just got promoted back to the PL with Maresca. Which means, after Arteta and Kompany, he will be the 3rd manager coming out from his team becoming a PL team leader.

Maybe we should start looking at their staff lol.. Their unused sub player became ultimate star here, maybe they have some 4th-assistant coach who could immediately lead us to glory.

Shocking if true, I highly doubt though.

Give Scott Carson the manager job for 8 years.

12 hours ago, Reddish-Blue said:

Kompany will be back in the Championship by the end of the season, I think PL management came too soon for him. 

It doesn't mean he did a bad job though.

He excelled with Burnley in the Champo, playing very exciting football. It was obvious that that style of play was not going to work out for them as they cannot dominate the PL same way. However, he transformed Burnley and at the moment, they are still going for staying up, despite their shity squad. So overall I feel his overall performance in 2 seasons is respectable.

Exclusive: Ruben Amorim still wants PL job despite Liverpool & West Ham talks collapsing

https://www.caughtoffside.com/2024/04/30/amorim-next-club-after-liverpool-west-ham-talks/

Amorim-Sporting-pic-1200x883.jpg.webp

Sporting Lisbon manager Ruben Amorim could still be keen on taking up a job in the Premier League despite things not working out with Liverpool and West Ham United.

That’s according to transfer news expert Fabrizio Romano as he spoke exclusively to CaughtOffside for his latest Daily Briefing column, with the journalist explaining that he could still see Amorim leaving Sporting this summer for a job with an English club.

Amorim has impressed during his time with Sporting and has long seemed destined for a job with an elite club, and Romano has acknowledged that he had some talks with Liverpool and West Ham, even though neither move materialised in the end.

Liverpool are now opting for Arne Slot instead, while West Ham have a number of other candidates on their list as David Moyes is likely to leave the London Stadium.

Amorim next club – where next after Liverpool and West Ham moves fall through?

Discussing the latest on Amorim’s future, Romano said: “At one point, it looked like Ruben Amorim was the frontrunner for the Liverpool job, but it was never a done deal, never something agreed. Liverpool spoke to Amorim’s camp, they had contact as Liverpool were informed of release clauses and details of his contract at Sporting, but he was just one of the candidates, never a done deal, never a verbal agreement, never the chosen one. It was a conversation and there was interest, that’s it.

“Still, Amorim would love to work in the Premier League. He’s still hoping for that solution, I’m told. Amorim will decide his future in the next weeks but he’s surely hoping for a job in the Premier League, despite Liverpool and West Ham talks collapsing.”

He added: “I think there is a 90% chance to see David Moyes leaving West Ham at the end of the season. This is the feeling. Then we have to wait for the formal steps and the formal meetings at the end of the season. But the intention internally looks very clear – West Ham are looking at candidates, so I see David Moyes leaving the club at the end of the season.

“In terms of Moyes’ replacement, they have multiple candidates at West Ham. We know they had a meeting with Amorim last Monday, but…there is no agreement at all it’s really far and it’s not going to happen. Then let’s see what’s going to happen with other candidates for example Hansi Flick could be a possibility…for example Paulo Fonseca, who is doing an excellent job at Lille.

“We’ve also had rumours about Julen Lopetegui but his priority is AC Milan, so as long as he’s in the race to become new Milan manager Lopetegui will wait for that opportunity. so let’s see what’s going to happen there but for sure West Ham are already in a process to appoint a new manager and I think this is more than likely for the summer.”

Posted (edited)
On 27/04/2024 at 03:28, Strike said:

Probably a good thing. Not having to listen to their great ideas. 

Also pretty sure it was confirmed Amorin was in London for WHU talks? If its true he wants £10m a year salary (turned Liverpool off him), he won’t be coming here anyway.

Edited by OneMoSalah

Can't imagine Conte working with current board. Couple of bad results and he will say with his bad English something like: I am a winner but this is young squad we need to suffer for a couple of years, I'm not used to this. 

Will basically just take the payment for sacking after 6 months, 1 year...

Eventually some new manager will come and have better results but also because of the hard and unnecessary transitional period by Potter and Poch. 

They were brave to play with 4 atb even tho they knew results would be better with 3/5 at the back. But this is what we need. We didn't have any big success with 4atb for a decade. And no manager in the world would have it. Tuchel and Conte would never have guts to do it. They would play it safe but that wouldn't help us in the long run. This is why I respect Potter and Poch. Sacrificing for Chelsea future even though someone else will pick all the fruits. 

Edited by NikkiCFC

On 02/05/2024 at 19:29, NikkiCFC said:

Can't imagine Conte working with current board. Couple of bad results and he will say with his bad English something like: I am a winner but this is young squad we need to suffer for a couple of years, I'm not used to this. 

Will basically just take the payment for sacking after 6 months, 1 year...

Eventually some new manager will come and have better results but also because of the hard and unnecessary transitional period by Potter and Poch. 

They were brave to play with 4 atb even tho they knew results would be better with 3/5 at the back. But this is what we need. We didn't have any big success with 4atb for a decade. And no manager in the world would have it. Tuchel and Conte would never have guts to do it. They would play it safe but that wouldn't help us in the long run. This is why I respect Potter and Poch. Sacrificing for Chelsea future even though someone else will pick all the fruits. 

5 atb makes me want to pull out my hair