The Next Manager?

I'm not a fan of the three names that have recently been linked with the job. Nothing would stop history repeating itself were Tuchel to be reappointed.

What qualifies Tuchel for the job? Guy failed to win titles with PSG and Bayern. Both one team leagues. Actually would fail two times in a row in Bundesliga if Dortmund didn't had spectacular chock. 

And we are speaking about sacking Poch but he can still overachieve this season. What if he wins Fa Cup and finish 6th with 60 points? That's huge overachievement with this squad. 

Edited by NikkiCFC

8 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

What qualifies Tuchel for the job? Guy failed to win titles with PSG and Bayern. Both one team leagues. Actually would fail two times in a row in Bundesliga if Dortmund didn't had spectacular chock. 

And we are speaking about sacking Poch but he can still overachieve this season. What if he wins Fa Cup and finish 6th with 60 points? That's huge overachievement with this squad. 

We'd be lucky to finish in the upper half of the league with this loser Poch.

options

Rúben Amorim (Sporting Lisbon)

Lionel Scaloni (likely no chance atm)

Zlatko Dalic (but just renewed until 2026 with Croatia)

Diego Simeone

Gian Piero Gasperini 

Kasper Hjulmand

Roger Schmidt (Benfica)

Sérgio Conceição (Porto)

Abel Ferreira (Palmeiras)

Julian Nagelsmann

Hansi Flick

Joachim Löw

2 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

I don’t think the owners will do it. They’ll be too proud/stupid to do it.

Yeah, I think so too. Admitting mistakes is something that this ownership is very reluctant to do so far, with terrible impact on the club, and that would be a huge pill to swallow, as it would pretty much trash the last 2 years of the vision. I can't see owners evaluating their whole strategy as failure sooner, than in 4-5 years time. Too bad, as I personally think sacking Tuchel was biggest and the most costly mistake this club made in years.

9 minutes ago, Vegetable said:

Yeah, I think so too. Admitting mistakes is something that this ownership is very reluctant to do so far, with terrible impact on the club, and that would be a huge pill to swallow, as it would pretty much trash the last 2 years of the vision. I can't see owners evaluating their whole strategy as failure sooner, than in 4-5 years time. Too bad, as I personally think sacking Tuchel was biggest and the most costly mistake this club made in years.

I think looking back its not in doubt. Its the worst decision made under this ownership at least. But whats done is done.

I think they’ll either give Poch 1 more season or twist, getting another manager, but long are the days of us attracting top top tier managers if I am honest.

Not with the mess of the last 2 seasons on and off the pitch. 

Edited by OneMoSalah

Nice PR from the journos to calm the fans with lies , Tommy Tuchel will never come back to work  with these wrongers and after they cutted everything sussesful what Roman build  . You can forget about Tuchel, Mourinho  or any manager on that level to come back at the club . Our level now is  managers who  have not won  anything , Pochettino or De Zebri in the summer cuz our  all structure is building for De Zebri direct from  Brighton directors , scout everything we want to copy paste them.

Edited by milka

18 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Literally won the title both seasons at psg. Poch failed to win it whilst tuchel was busy winning the champions League with Chelsea.   What qualified poch for the job ? He was the only candidate desperate enough to take it.

What if poch wins 500 games in a row and we we never concede a goal ... Come on , this is pure copium

I like Tuchel. I think his personality is his biggest flaw, but even at his best I found him to be a cup manager with his tactics. Then again, Klopp and Pep are rumored to leave the Prem soon, so that leaves a door wide open for change. 

I'd personally like Flick. 

21 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

I like Tuchel. I think his personality is his biggest flaw, but even at his best I found him to be a cup manager with his tactics. Then again, Klopp and Pep are rumored to leave the Prem soon, so that leaves a door wide open for change. 

I'd personally like Flick. 

I also would like Flick but seems he may be headed to Barcelona

On 08/03/2024 at 14:33, ZAPHOD2319 said:

We know its bad when Mourinho, a man who’s stock has crashed and burned over the last 7 or 8 years, is saying that. But he is 100% right.

Edited by OneMoSalah