The Next Manager?

11 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Xavi 🤣

I mean half the Barca fanbase and media outlets weren’t happy with him after winning the league last season, never mind now considering how they’ve done this season. He’s just confirmed he’s staying another season at Barcelona also.

We need a very good coach, not somebody who was virtually keen on leaving Barcelona because his own fanbase and the media were chasing him out.

How does him wanting to leave Barcelona make him a bad coach ? He said at the time that he was treated badly.

If he was that bad he would have been sacked 

Edited by lucio

4 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

The more that I see what is being said by the owners and people at the club such as the sporting directors, we will start the season with Poch.

Write the season off then

2 minutes ago, lucio said:

How does him wanting to leave Barcelona make him a bad coach ? He said at the time that he was treated badly.

If he was that bad he would have been sacked 

Is he a good coach though? Is he really? 

He was going to leave mainly because the media and fanbase were turning against him because they felt he could only take Barcelona so far. And it put “too much pressure” and “media attention” on him. Is that really the sort of manager you want managing our team? Somebody who after what 18 months announces he is resigning because he can’t handle the heat?

His team have been solely reliant on the brilliance of a 16 year old attacker and a 17 year old central defender this season, I mean if that makes him a good coach I don’t know. 

And he’s staying at Barca to June 2025 now anyway - before undoubtedly leaving and going to coach at no other top team again because he is another guy who because he was a great player, was given a top job at Barcelona when things were going difficult for them despite being an average coach. Sound familiar? Lampard 2.0

51 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Is he a good coach though? Is he really? 

He was going to leave mainly because the media and fanbase were turning against him because they felt he could only take Barcelona so far. And it put “too much pressure” and “media attention” on him. Is that really the sort of manager you want managing our team? Somebody who after what 18 months announces he is resigning because he can’t handle the heat?

His team have been solely reliant on the brilliance of a 16 year old attacker and a 17 year old central defender this season, I mean if that makes him a good coach I don’t know. 

And he’s staying at Barca to June 2025 now anyway - before undoubtedly leaving and going to coach at no other top team again because he is another guy who because he was a great player, was given a top job at Barcelona when things were going difficult for them despite being an average coach. Sound familiar? Lampard 2.0

Yes, he’s pretty good , he’s a la Liga champion and a good tactician

he isn’t remotely comparable to lampard ,who is yet to prove himself serviceable at championship level

but yeh I just saw he extended and he wouldn’t have been my first choice anyway 

If we hire De Zerbi and it plays out like I fear it will, I may well end up walking away from the club until the monstrous scum yanks sell off.

I cannot express adequately how worried I am about our future under their ruinous ownership.

For the first time in my life I legitimately don't want to watch our games on far too many occasions, as it is a shit watch and bad for my mental health, as I am so emotionally invested in CFC since I was a child growing up in a Blue west London household. 

27 minutes ago, Vesper said:

If we hire De Zerbi and it plays out like I fear it will, I may well end up walking away from the club until the monstrous scum yanks sell off.

I cannot express adequately how worried I am about our future under their ruinous ownership.

For the first time in my life I legitimately don't want to watch our games on far too many occasions, as it is a shit watch and bad for my mental health, as I am so emotionally invested in CFC since I was a child growing up in a Blue west London household. 

Hearing more and more noises of club wanting to stick with Poch for another season. Stability and all that. 

2 minutes ago, Strike said:

Hearing more and more noises of club wanting to stick with Poch for another season. Stability and all that. 

I will likely walk for a spell.

Will not waste my time on a failed ownership-produced shitpot.

5 hours ago, Vesper said:

My sentiments exactly on all points.

19 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

before undoubtedly leaving and going to coach at no other top team again because he is another guy who because he was a great player, was given a top job at Barcelona when things were going difficult for them despite being an average coach. Sound familiar? Lampard 2.0

Disagree with that, he'll get other jobs after Barcelona (unless he somehow gets worse next season and there is a 30 point gap between them and Real Madrid in the league) 

Lampard's issue is that it was too much too soon for him and I never really saw him as being a great tactician from his playing days.   It's not like Pep, Arteta, Alonso at Leverkusen, you could see from their playing days that they would eventually coach at some point in their careers.  The same can probably be said about JT, Thiago Silva....I just see them as coaches at some point in the future (whether they want to be the first team manager is a whole different question but both of them could walk into assistant coach roles). 

5 hours ago, Strike said:

If that's the case, I do wonder if the other managerial targets have already said they aren't interested in walking into current mess. 

De Zerbi is the only one I see showing up here (considering he's got a bit of connection with Caicedo, Colwill, Mudryk). 

If they really do back Poch after that pathetic cup final display vs Liverpool, the owners have no clue. 

20 hours ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

The more that I see what is being said by the owners and people at the club such as the sporting directors, we will start the season with Poch.

Really? From what I am reading the board have had enough and Europe is the last chance saloon for Poch. GraemeBailey already thinks he's gone.

2 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Really? From what I am reading the board have had enough and Europe is the last chance saloon for Poch. GraemeBailey already thinks he's gone.

I’d rather not qualify for the Europa league and get a new manager with a fresh schedule 

(no one can convince me Poch would win the Europa)

3 hours ago, lucio said:

I’d rather not qualify for the Europa league and get a new manager with a fresh schedule 

(no one can convince me Poch would win the Europa)

Yeah, us out of Europe is a crime from the owners and they should be held accountable for it, but realistically, should we somehow in wacky lucky way qualified to Europe, what would we get? Going 0-3 down with 3rd team of Slovakian league, with due respect?

At this point I'm just wondering whether ultra-dumb move of sacking Tuchel will haunt us for longer, than letting De Bruyne and Salah go (only difference they would probably rot here had they stayed).

Whoever will be appointed there should be two fundamental rules: Stay clear of freaking Brighton (like, fucking seriously this time) and shut the hell up - bs spoken by owners and PR team put owner's personal reputation at stake when appointing Potter (got flashbacks by just typing this name) AND they did exactly the same freaking thing with Poch - it made both practically unsackable. DO NOT say the appointment is a pinnacle of your footballing knowledge, vision, data system, faith and brainchild of intensive work from all the best people in club. Shut up. Just say welcome to the club and move on.

Edited by Vegetable

11 hours ago, Vesper said:

I will likely walk for a spell.

Will not waste my time on a failed ownership-produced shitpot.

In terms of sport my main focus now is on NBA playoffs and tennis. Plus EURO is coming and Olympics.