The Next Manager?

At my previous Chelsea fan site, I had predicted Tuchel would not last more than 2 seasons at Bayern.

I had explained it was because Tuchel is a control freak who, like Mourinho and Conte, values (defensive) organization of the team above all else to the detriment of creativity and initiative-taking of his players. They start off like a house on fire but peter out and start playing like robots bereft of freedom to improvise and afraid to make mistakes. It happens to them ALL the time and their teams implode. So no, thanks  

Poch is at the opposite side of the spectrum. No organization and intensity. Just initiative and freedom. Add a loser’s mentality unlike the guys above.

17 hours ago, lucio said:

Flick 

Amorim 

xavi 

emery 

motta 

zidane 

Michel 

if we keep poch the club is confirmed done , last chance to save the club tonight 

I like Motta and Xavi on that list. I am also a huge fan of Sebastian Hoeneß, who has significantly elavated Stuttgart.

Some here were quite vocal about wanting to keep Poch a few days ago, but come on. Poch is potter minus Palmer. 

Edited by Clockwork

9 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

I like Motta and Xavi on that list. I am also a huge fan of Sebastian Hoeneß, who has significantly elavated Stuttgart.

Some here were quite vocal about wanting to keep Poch a few days ago, but come on. Poch is potter minus Palmer. 

Haven’t heard of him , I’ll watch a vid on his tactics 

I think Amorim is a very intelligent manager. He knows when to suffocate opposition with attacking threats whilst also knowing when to set up a mid/low block defensive structure (Arsenal in Europa last season). 

I think this has contributed to his phenomenal league record. 

Yes that was woeful. One entire season to improve and you can't get that low in April. 

I understand something like that in the beginning of the season but at this moment we just see improvement. 

I would love Alonso but that's a pipe dream. 

Just now, MoroccanBlue said:

I think Amorim is a very intelligent manager. He knows when to suffocate opposition with attacking threats whilst also knowing when to set up a mid/low block defensive structure (Arsenal in Europa last season). 

I think this has contributed to his phenomenal league record. 

Back 3 / 5 might be way to go with our current resources , let’s say we bought Antonio silva from benfica 

I think James would do well there and be less injury prone , Colwill would also improve there I feel and we have 2 ready made wing backs if Maatsen can stay and it solves problem of having a fit gusto and James at the same time 

James   Silva    Colwill 

gusto                                 Maatsen 

36 minutes ago, lucio said:

Back 3 / 5 might be way to go with our current resources , let’s say we bought Antonio silva from benfica 

I think James would do well there and be less injury prone , Colwill would also improve there I feel and we have 2 ready made wing backs if Maatsen can stay and it solves problem of having a fit gusto and James at the same time 

James   Silva    Colwill 

gusto                                 Maatsen 

Palmer/Nkunku/Paez as inside forwards. 

Just leaves Mudryk and Madueke kind of pointless but against certain sides they could be used as wingbacks. 

2 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Palmer/Nkunku/Paez as inside forwards. 

Just leaves Mudryk and Madueke kind of pointless but against certain sides they could be used as wingbacks. 

Tbh on yesterday's position map Mudryk was next to Badiashile as CB with Cucu more offensive. Poch doesn't like to have LW it seems. 

15 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Tbh on yesterday's position map Mudryk was next to Badiashile as CB with Cucu more offensive. Poch doesn't like to have LW it seems. 

Don't think Mudryk's inability to play football has much to do with Poch. Palmer seems unaffected by Poch's poor game management, for ex.
Mudryk is one of the worst players I've seen playing for Chelsea FC. I like hyperboles to make a point, but this isn't one.

Tabloids reporting another yes-man from Brighton... make it stop please.

Edited by robsblubot

I do wonder if we are just setting up whoever the next manager is for failure. The squad situation is shocking and unbelievable, maybe even unprecedented - so many very, very expensive players who have long term fitness problems that may never go away. We have burnt all of the money. We don't have a squad designed to play in a particular way or suit some style. Honestly, is there a manager in the world that can take this situation and turn it around in short order? Maybe we can get someone who is a bit less controversial, which you could maybe argue has been Potter and Poch's weakness: they both strongly stuck to their own ideas, doing (seemingly) odd things that frustrated us fans. Results did not follow, and we ended up being sick of both of them. But in truth a manager could go with team selections we prefer, make subs more to our liking, and whatever, and the results could be the same or worse. Maybe the only thing that would be different is we'd blame the owners and the directors more and the manager less.

On 24/04/2024 at 10:22, lucio said:

Feel like Xavi would be a good upgrade but would need new players , couldn’t have Gallagher , mudruk Jackson and caicedo chasing first touches. We’ve built a team of passion merchants which no Classy manager would want 

Xavi 🤣

I mean half the Barca fanbase and media outlets weren’t happy with him after winning the league last season, never mind now considering how they’ve done this season. He’s just confirmed he’s staying another season at Barcelona also.

We need a very good coach, not somebody who was virtually keen on leaving Barcelona because his own fanbase and the media were chasing him out.