Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

I heard many times that we need CB leader? Not many available if any. And they will be so expensive but we cannot afford it because we are splashing cash elsewhere.

Look at Thiago Silva. Dont look any further. Free agent in 6 days, world class in everything, leader...  Yes 36 next month, but he is still at top level.

Give him 2 years contract, we will not regret it I promise. Exactly the type of player we need. Can not see any better options available right now, considering price, contracts and everything...

Dunk for 40-50m? Hahaha.

10 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

We should either buy a great CB this summer or wait for next one and try to convince Upa. 

Feck Id lose it if we fork 50m for someone overrated just because.

Yeah, Upa has to be a target next season 100%. €42m will be a great deal. The problem is who can we get to plug the gap? Silva? Doubt it as he will likely get some good offers from Italy. Sarr? Sounds like he is off to Barca and I am not actually sure on his ability level as I have not seen him play,, only mentioning him as I know he is highly regarded and is on a free. 

After that things get difficult. We need a CB but there aren't many about we can take. Romagnoli is almost impossible, Skrinier is also seriously tough and he hasn't been great this season anyway. KK can move but due to age it is accepting that over £100m (fee and wages) are complete sunk costs. Dunk is overpriced. White is completely untested at the top level and is ludicrously priced. Costa at Sevilla is another but he falls into KK territory owing to age. 

The only one that has made real sense to me so far is Ginter. He seems to be the one that fits the right level of quality (I am going on what others have said and the fact he was a team of the year player), age and supposed price. However, he has said he isn't going anywhere so that doesn't sound promising either. 

Yeah, Upa has to be a target next season 100%. €42m will be a great deal. The problem is who can we get to plug the gap? Silva? Doubt it as he will likely get some good offers from Italy. Sarr? Sounds like he is off to Barca and I am not actually sure on his ability level as I have not seen him play,, only mentioning him as I know he is highly regarded and is on a free. 
After that things get difficult. We need a CB but there aren't many about we can take. Romagnoli is almost impossible, Skrinier is also seriously tough and he hasn't been great this season anyway. KK can move but due to age it is accepting that over £100m (fee and wages) are complete sunk costs. Dunk is overpriced. White is completely untested at the top level and is ludicrously priced. Costa at Sevilla is another but he falls into KK territory owing to age. 
The only one that has made real sense to me so far is Ginter. He seems to be the one that fits the right level of quality (I am going on what others have said and the fact he was a team of the year player), age and supposed price. However, he has said he isn't going anywhere so that doesn't sound promising either. 
I have read that Zidane is a huge fan of Upamecano, so we will not have any chance next season for Upa.
He will go to Madrid. Ramos does not get any younger

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

29 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

I have read that Zidane is a huge fan of Upamecano, so we will not have any chance next season for Upa.
He will go to Madrid. Ramos does not get any younger

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

Then we can sign Kounde. I always thought he will be their Ramos replacement. Or Konate who is actualy better than Upa, but injured...

‘Out of this world’ Upamecano is the centre-back wanted by all of Europe

https://theathletic.com/1991480/2020/08/14/upamecano-leipzig-atletico-champions-league-nagelsmann/

upamecano-man-of-the-match-1024x683.jpg

There was a moment, maybe 20 minutes from the end of the game, when two members of the RB Leipzig staff turned to each other and let out two expletives in almost perfect synchronicity. Dayot Upamecano had just won another duel in ice-cool fashion, gliding forward with the ball. They had seen the young French centre-back play with such authority and control in countless games before and yet couldn’t quite believe just how flawless his performance was on Thursday night.

“With Upa, there are sometimes one or two moments when he loses focus, which is very normal for a 21-year-old,” one of Thursday night’s observers in the Estadio Jose Alavalade tells The Athletic. “But against Atletico, he was out of this world. The consistency and calmness he showed against one of the best sides in Europe was just phenomenal.”

Ralf Rangnick, watching his former side’s 2-1 win on TV at his home in Leipzig, was less taken aback by Upamecano’s man of the match performance. “I’m only surprised that people didn’t already know how good he was before the game,” the 62-year-old says with mild disdain for the doubters. “He’s one of the best talents in the centre-back position in the world. That’s clear to see. It’s funny how some were saying that he had only done it in the Bundesliga and was still missing certain elements. There’s nothing at all missing, take it from me. Just have a look at how many 21-year-olds have featured in as many games for their clubs in a top league.”

Since moving to Germany from Leipzig’s feeder club RB Salzburg in 2017, Upamecano has played 83 times in the league and 22 times in European competition. Rangnick believes that his potential is limitless: “He’s not even at his peak yet.”

In a press conference earlier this week, Upamecano was careful to thank Rangnick for the role the former sporting director of the Red Bull football group had played in fostering his career. “It’s a shame we can’t work together anymore, I owe him a lot,” he told reporters.

Rangnick had first spotted him playing for Valenciennes and in French youth sides aged 15. “You could immediately see his outstanding physical attributes and his pace, both over short and long distances,” Rangnick says. “But he also had very good positional sense and technique. He was exactly the kind of player we were looking for.”

Rangnick travelled to Paris to meet with Upamecano’s parents, immigrants from Guinea-Bissau who lived in the small town of Evreux, Normandy, and had instilled a strong work ethic in their son. Upamecano models himself on Sergio Ramos — minus the beard — but does not share his hero’s flair for extravagance. “He, like his parents, is totally down to earth, the kind of guy who’s very close to his siblings and parents,” Ragnnick says. “He wouldn’t dream of ordering a gold steak in a restaurant or have his hairdresser flown in before a match. He’s a lovely, quiet lad, almost shy. There’s nothing negative about him.”

Barcelona winger Ousmane Dembele is a close childhood friend from Evreux but it’s very much a case of “opposites attract”, a source close to the Leipzig dressing room explains.

Still, signing him was not that straightforward for Rangnick. Manchester United were also keen on the player but, according to those close to the player, a deal was unlikely in part because Upamecano was not promised enough flights home to see his parents. His family were also concerned by the unclear path into the first team. Rangnick, by contrast, was able to draw upon the vertically-integrated RB system and could lay out a clearly defined progression blueprint that others such as Naby Keita had followed. Upamecano would start playing senior football immediately, at Salzburg’s little sister club Liefering in the Austrian second division, before honing his skills at Salzburg ahead of a possible move to Leipzig.

Upamecano flew in for a trial at Salzburg in the summer of 2015, aged 16. Bayern Munich, one of the many European clubs that coveted his signature, weren’t prepared to give up just yet, however. An agent working with the German champions approached the Frenchman’s family upon their landing at Munich airport, to convince them to look at Bayern instead. But they said no. Salzburg signed him for €2.2 million.

Upamecano Salzburg

Following this successful apprenticeship at Liefering and Salzburg, he agreed to move to Leipzig in 2017. Legend has it that he made a lasting impression on Timo Werner and coach Ralph Hasenhuttl in his first training session. The fleet-footed forward had made a habit of dashing past defenders but was shocked to find that he couldn’t outrun the new arrival. “What’s wrong with you, Timo?” Hasenhuttl laughed on the touchline. They soon realised that there was nothing wrong with Werner but a lot right with Upamecano.

His superb pace and anticipation made him a regular in his first campaign, just as Rangnick had laid out in his talks with the family. “He would have never joined Leipzig if he hadn’t been assured of game time, he’s not one of those players who get distracted by money and so on,” he says. “Playing and growing are his main concerns, and I don’t think he regrets his choice. At Leipzig, young players play. When in doubt, they have a bigger chance of playing than a similar player who is older, not the other way around.”

“Everyone hates playing against him in training,” a club official laughs. Forward Yussuf Poulsen told Kicker magazine that he’s found it impossible to outmuscle Upamecano in practice sessions. “I’m relatively tall, quite physical and strong. But I can’t move him, not even two centimetres.”

The question is whether other clubs can dislodge him from Saxony using more refined measures. Leipzig were convinced enough of his extraordinary talent to include staggered release clauses in his initial contract, dated until 2021. In 2018, he would have been able to leave for €100 million, one year later for €80 million, this summer for €60 million. Arsenal made a firm enquiry last season but didn’t come anywhere near the release clause. Bayern, too, were interested this spring but ultimately went for Paris Saint-Germain’s Tanguy Nianzou on a free transfer — the very teenager Leipzig had earmarked as a potential Upamecano replacement.

Two weeks ago, Leipzig announced that the player’s contract had been extended until 2023. The new terms include a sizeable wage rise and a relatively modest release clause, which will only become active in 2021. There’s nothing to stop him leaving this summer, in theory, if a buyer can agree on a fee with Leipzig. But the Champions League semi-finalists fully expect him to stay for at least one more campaign after renewing his commitment. “It will be a quiet window, as far he’s concerned,” a source at the club says.

Rangnick has a hard time understanding why Upamecano is yet to feature for the France senior team but maybe Didier Deschamps will finally be won over by his performances in Lisbon this month. Another masterclass like the one administered against Atletico in the meeting with PSG will surely see the hype train take up much more speed.

However, his former coach is certain that Upamecano won’t lose his footing as a result. “Whoever will eventually sign him should count their lucky stars,” Rangnick says. “Upa will choose his next club just as diligently as he defends the goal.”

3 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

Then we can sign Kounde. I always thought he will be their Ramos replacement. Or Konate who is actualy better than Upa, but injured...

I hope we go for Ibrahima Konate...the guy has the making of man mountain class  centre back...

His injury problem is worrying though...

1 hour ago, DDA said:

For me, this is already our greatest transfer window of all time because of the class we have brought in... I'm including Havertz.

If we sign a GK, CB and LB too. 

I'll burst into flames and fly through the sun.

Pic or it didn't happen!