Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

6 minutes ago, xPetrCechx said:

What about FDJ 😓

FDJ (or any midfielder) was always going to be a bonus signing. As Tuchel said last weekend, it’s not a priority area. CB and striker quite rightly are.

On 12/08/2022 at 20:52, LAM09 said:

The jury is still out on who's making the all-important calls. If Ronaldo joins, it will be telling.

How could you think the jury is still out? It’s without a doubt Tuchel making all the first team signings , why would we be pushing for a 33 year old washed up striker who Tuchel is very fond of?

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

FDJ (or any midfielder) was always going to be a bonus signing. As Tuchel said last weekend, it’s not a priority area. CB and striker quite rightly are.

Well Kante&Kova are injury prone, Jarginho last season didnt have power to play all matches. I just hope we would utilise Conor more but it is unlikely. If we sign FDJ, Conor should leave on loan to play. But for me, Rice shpuld be priority even wait one year.

5 minutes ago, Pizy said:

So you agree that a 33 year old ST should be a bigger priority over a CM whos best years are still ahead of him?

More evidence Tuchel is wrong manager to lead us, he is too much of a result oriented manager rather than team builder like Klopp and Pep.

Edited by Clockwork

2 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

So you agree that a 33 year old ST should be a bigger priority over a CM whos best years are still ahead of him?

More evidence Tuchel is wrong manager to lead us, he is too much of a result oriented manager rather than team builder like Klopp and Pep.

This is the most ridiculous statement in the history of ridiculous statements

9 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

How could you think the jury is still out? It’s without a doubt Tuchel making all the first team signings , why would we be pushing for a 33 year old washed up striker who Tuchel is very fond of?

I'm not interested in listening to countless rumours about the ins and outs.

If we did end up signing Auba, that would be case closed on the matter.

Edited by LAM09

2 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

I just said a striker. Don’t specifically mean Auba. Tuchel and the club probably think a striker is MORE of a priority than a midfielder. But that doesn’t mean he doesn’t also want De Jong. Just that it may come down to the last minute after we’ve done more pressing business.

5 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

Tuchel has already achieved more than Pep. All while having a fifth of the budget. 

16 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

Instead of verbal diarrhea, you seem to have typing diarrhea. Seems what ever u post recently is complete shite. TT is deffo not the wrong manager for this job, would seem you have you head that far up Pep and klopps arse, its now becoming hard to figure out where you end and they begin.

30 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

So who is the right manager in your opinion to lead us?

8 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

A rotating door of managers every 3 years apparently. Clearly that has done wonders for us building a consistent brand of football and a hardline culture at the club...

20 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Tuchel has a lot of flaws but he is comfortably the 3rd best manager in the world imo. Ridiculous to suggest we should move on from him. 

42 minutes ago, Thor said:

Tuchel has already achieved more than Pep. All while having a fifth of the budget. 

He won the CL with players we already bought, which is my point a short term manager who got the best out of the players at the right time. You can’t say our play has improved since that initial six months.

I am not hating on Tuchel or his ability as a manager, I see him the same way I see Carlo Ancelotti.

13 minutes ago, Thor said:

A rotating door of managers every 3 years apparently. Clearly that has done wonders for us building a consistent brand of football and a hardline culture at the club...

It's not even a case of rotating managers, it's putting a plan in place that runs through the club for succession planning.

When Pep finally leaves City, do you think they'll rip everything up that has been built or do you think they'll find someone in a similar mould to Pep who can work and get the best out of the players he has.

We've flip flopped across multiple managers with different systems, philosophies, player preferences over the last decade and it's left us where we are today. We're not like the early years under Roman where Mourinho built a squad that had players who would form a bedrock of the side for the next few years and had a very organised, strong and cerebral way of playing and getting results.

The squad we have now is a mish-mash. I think we're rather fortunate to be honest that our recruitment, whilst inconsistent, hasn't been anywhere near as bad as United's and we've been able to rely on some good academy players to fill out our squad in recent years because whilst we might all laugh at United's current predicament, we have to look at our own selves in the mirror and know that we've got a lot of things wrong and mixed little patience with managers alongside too much patience with some players to leave us miles off the title picture currently.

For me Tuchel has earned the right for a proper crack at this job where he's given the opportunity to identify and move out a number of the players that have been here too long and need to move on, and be given an opportunity to rebuild the team. So far, I'm pleased with our three signings this summer. If these three are a starting point or measuring stick for the quality of personnel Tuchel is looking to bring into the club in the future then I'm very happy.

What is important however is that if things don't work out with Tuchel and there comes a point where he is to be replaced, I hope the board make a decision on a new manager based on the fit not necessarily the name and reputation of the manager.

15 minutes ago, Vesper said:

why the hell is Barca going to terminate Depay's contract, Depay being a far more valuable player, and thus give Juve a free transfer for him, YET try and fuck us for 20m over rinsed Auba????

🤬

A big difference Depay only has 1 year left, while Auba has 3 years left.