Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

24 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Where’s that 3rd Fofana bid already…

Was hoping it would be done this week before Leicester play another match and risk him.

Even if he were to join eventually, shouldn't we want him to play against Arsenal this week to maximize the chance of them dropping points against Leicester? 😄

3 hours ago, Superblue_1986 said:

If Christensen was genuinely available, we'd be fools not to pursue that deal. I don't care about what happened towards the end of last season, he's a very good defender with his best years seemingly in front of him and somebody already used to the club, the coach, the system and slots seamlessly into either the right side or the centre of the back 3.

I really like Fofana and I genuinely believe if he continues on the right trajectory he could become a superstar centre back of this coming generation but this summer we'd still be paying for potential.

We will still likely need a new defender next summer to replace Silva so the topic of Fofana may come up again then with another year under his belt and maybe some more proof of this transfer fee.

I assume the report on Christensen has been leaked by his camp and his social media activity is just a bit of scaremongering to apply pressure to Barca and it'll be resolved but if it did end up being more than that both parties should swallow their pride because he's a good fit for us and we're a good fit for him.

This is an easy one I think, Tommy T decides. He knows the player's strengths and weaknesses, the history of the squad's relationship with Chris, and of his own relationship with the Dane. If the boss signs off on this then that's good enough for me.

Can see Gallagher going out on loan at the end of the window if we get De Jong. 

Presumably, our starting pivot would then be De Jong and Kovacic. Jorginho will be rotated and Kante will be used sparingly. Chukwuemeka will also be used to provide fresh legs and start against bottom half sides. 

5 midfielders for 2 spots is fine. 6 is just overkill. 

1 minute ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Presumably, our starting pivot would then be De Jong and Kovacic. Jorginho will be rotated and Kante will be used sparingly. Chukwuemeka will also be used to provide fresh legs and start against bottom half sides. 

Unfortunately going by TTs words and actions he's acting like it's still 2017 where Kante is concerned.

12 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

What more should Gallagher be doing to get a shot here? If De Jong comes in, club should sell Jorginho ideally.

Just now, Pizy said:

Gallagher should rotate with Mount not the deeper midfielders. Don’t see why a potential De Jong arrival would impact him at all. It’s Jorginho and Kante that would be seeing their game time reduced.

If this is the case, it makes sense that so many wingers are moving on. But Gallagher was used in the pivot in pre-season

3 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Gallagher should rotate with Mount not the deeper midfielders. Don’t see why a potential De Jong arrival would impact him at all. It’s Jorginho and Kante that would be seeing their game time reduced.

I agree but Gallagher was never used there only in the pivot.