Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

Haha, they sold their rights to a company that is owned by a Catalan that was once on the Barcelona board. 😂

This is the same club that just days ago was cooking the books, and FIFA/UEFA still allowed this sale. Yeah no conflict of interest here at all. 

19 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Haha, they sold their rights to a company that is owned by a Catalan that was once on the Barcelona board. 😂

This is the same club that just days ago was cooking the books, and FIFA/UEFA still allowed this sale. Yeah no conflict of interest here at all. 

Jaume Roures, one of the supporters of Joan Laporta's Board of Directors, has acquired 24.5% of 'Barça Studios' in an operation that will allow the club to face the inscriptions of its signings

Jaume Roures Llop: Nacido como Jaime Robles Lobo - La Galerna

Jaume Roures Llop (born 1950) is a Spanish businessman, film producer and media mogul from Catalonia. Roures is best known as the founder of the newspaper Público and as the CEO of the media group Mediapro. Considered a left-wing nationalist, he was a member of Trotskyist and Anti-Francoist organizations in his youth.

Edited by Vesper

8 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Jaume Roures Llop: Nacido como Jaime Robles Lobo - La Galerna

Jaume Roures Llop (born 1950) is a Spanish businessman, film producer and media mogul from Catalonia. Roures is best known as the founder of the newspaper Público and as the CEO of the media group Mediapro. Considered a left-wing nationalist, he was a member of Trotskyist and Anti-Francoist organizations in his youth.

He's been on Barcelona's board of directors on 4 separate occasions and even funded millions to help get Laporta his presidency. How on earth has this sale been allowed, especially when Barcelona tried cooking the books just days ago? 

Again, this just screams favoritism by FIFA/UEFA yet again. God forbid if we did anything like this. 

3 hours ago, Clockwork said:

They moved past us because of Pep Guardiola, he is arguably the best manager ever. 

I don't agree. I think they got Pep because they had already moved beyond us in terms of the way they were, and are, regarded by the football world. Roman courted Pep more than once but he was simply not interested. Many of the reasons for our poor reputation are a consequence of Roman's approach in my opinion. One Pep will remember I think was however the Jose inspired nonsense with the pitch in that CL game vs Barca. (2006 I think.) I was angry about it at the time and, now that I've recalled it, I find that I still am.

BTW, I want to be clear that I'm glad Roman was here and he will always have my gratitude for what he did for CFC. It's just that like all of us, he comes with positive and negative attributes. 

Edited by OhForAGreavsie

3 hours ago, KEVINAA said:

Chelsea + Princewill Ehibhatiomham taken from Reading u18

https://www.transfermarkt.com/princewill-ehibhatiomhan/profil/spieler/930568

Between him,”Dave”, Cruella,Koulibaly and CC we would become a commentators nitemare.need a few eastern europeans to tip them over the edge.

1 hour ago, Blues Forever said:

I think others will be better judges of Nunes than I can be. I do not like flashy footballers. I don't find the flicks and the tricks impressive and there are too many extravagant touches from Nunes. So it seems to me anyway. Perhaps people who don't dislike the things I call 'flashy' as much as I dislike them might have a more rounded opinion of Nunes than I do. 

Edited by OhForAGreavsie

2 hours ago, ChelseaFanUK said:

I still reckon we get a CB and forward.  Tuchel has said today he wants more depth in them areas.

Midfield, i think we want to, but wont panic

More depth and more quality he said. Not that there's anyone here who will disagree.

2 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

He's been on Barcelona's board of directors on 4 separate occasions and even funded millions to help get Laporta his presidency. How on earth has this sale been allowed, especially when Barcelona tried cooking the books just days ago? 

Again, this just screams favoritism by FIFA/UEFA yet again. God forbid if we did anything like this. 

I haven't had the interest to read the details of the sale but the only thing I think those bodies could want to examine is whether or not the price paid puts a realistic valuation on the company. If it looks like the price has been inflated to bail Barca out then football's regulators should step in.

18 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I don't agree. I think they got Pep because they had already moved beyond us in term of the way they were, and are, regarded by the football world. Roman courted Pep but he was simply not interested. Many of the reasons for our poor reputation are a consequence of Roman's approach in my opinion but one Pep will remember I think was the Jose inspired nonsense with the pitch in that CL game vs Barca. (2006 I think.) I was angry about it at the time and, now that I've recalled it, I find that I still am.

BTW, I want to be clear that I'm glad Roman was here and he will always have my gratitude for what he did for CFC. It's just that like all of us, he comes with positive and negative attributes. 

City did a good job of recruiting Pep by hiring a bunch of ex Barcelona guys while he was a Bayern. They did a good job of long term planning it. On the other hand we did a terrible job, rehiring Mourniho was a terrible mistake. We wasted a lot of talent under him. 

I agree with you, Roman definitely had it is positive, but everything was short term. We had our success, but with a clear limitation.

I am very hopeful with our new owner, i think if we are going to take the next step it would have to be with a different approach than Roman.