Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

Oh comon, we all knew deep down that Frenkie would stay at Barca.. 

There is no way he will leave there. He absolutely loves the club and lifestyle and with the recent acquisitions of Lewa, Kounde and Raphinha alongside the youth players like Pedri, it would be the worse time to leave... they have a team capable of competing at the top now. 

Move on and move on fast.

1 hour ago, Strike said:

What's the feeling around bringing back Christensen? He's removed Barca-related stuff from his Instagram. Reports that he can leave for free.

Having just read that he'd done that, and reverted to his Chelsea bio, I came here to read what people were saying. TB has to be loving this. Compared to running player transactions at a baseball club, this must be like Macbeth and Much Ado About Nothing rolled into one.

Edited by OhForAGreavsie

2 hours ago, Vesper said:

neither unless Dumfries costs around £20-25m

a424c9b323a60fcc9d5eaaf3356a5744.png

I have no idea why we haven't pulled the trigger on Maehle . A far better option than both of them & would cost less.

1 hour ago, Strike said:

What's the feeling around bringing back Christensen? He's removed Barca-related stuff from his Instagram. Reports that he can leave for free.

It should be a resounding no. The whole situation around his FA Cup final absence should be reason enough.

16 minutes ago, DDA said:

Wouldn't even mind Kessie over Frenkie if he was for free.

Really dunno why we need frankie Connor has proved himself enough, give the bloke a chance,(not you personally) pointless buying all this youth and not using them when they come good!!

28 minutes ago, Kong said:

Really dunno why we need frankie Connor has proved himself enough, give the bloke a chance,(not you personally) pointless buying all this youth and not using them when they come good!!

completetly different players

2 hours ago, DDA said:

Wouldn't even mind Kessie over Frenkie if he was for free.

I would rather go for a technical player. We need more technical astute players if we want to compete with the likes of City and Liverpool in the next few years. 

If Christensen was genuinely available, we'd be fools not to pursue that deal. I don't care about what happened towards the end of last season, he's a very good defender with his best years seemingly in front of him and somebody already used to the club, the coach, the system and slots seamlessly into either the right side or the centre of the back 3.

I really like Fofana and I genuinely believe if he continues on the right trajectory he could become a superstar centre back of this coming generation but this summer we'd still be paying for potential.

We will still likely need a new defender next summer to replace Silva so the topic of Fofana may come up again then with another year under his belt and maybe some more proof of this transfer fee.

I assume the report on Christensen has been leaked by his camp and his social media activity is just a bit of scaremongering to apply pressure to Barca and it'll be resolved but if it did end up being more than that both parties should swallow their pride because he's a good fit for us and we're a good fit for him.

9 hours ago, Vesper said:

it's not insulting, it is the truth, before the Hoops, he was playing for Legia Warsaw in, ...... tadaaaaaah, the Polish league

Yeah, I know, it's my city and I even got their supporter's card I needed to get into the game, lol

What I meant is this league's technique level is straight horrifying, so calling someone "championship level" is rather compliment, but "polish league level" not so much 😆Anyway, this league is riddled with huge administrative problems, like bad academies, buying random Balkan/Slovak players and selling anyone with bit of skill immediately for any profit just to get by and so on.

Yeah, Ondrej Duda made it into Arsenal nope, Norwich, but I guess this kind of success is extremely hard to replicate and I doub't Boehly is into taking another Zappacostian level of gamble…

Edited by Vegetable

4 minutes ago, Vegetable said:

Yeah, I know, it's my city and I even got their supporter's card I needed to get into the game, lol

What I meant is this league's technique level is straight horrifying, so calling someone "championship level" is rather compliment, but "polish league level" not so much 😆Anyway, this league is riddled with huge administrative problems, like bad academies, buying random Balkan/Slovak players and selling anyone with bit of skill immediately for any profit just to get by and so on.

Yeah, Ondrej Duda made it into Arsenal, but I guess this kind of success is extremely hard to replicate and I doub't Boehly is into taking another Zappacostian level of gamble…

Wait, what? Ondrej Duda made it into Arsenal? When?