Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

14 minutes ago, Jype said:

Don't think he's looking to leave anytime soon, in fact just this pre-season he said in an interview he's looking forward to the club offering him a new contract. If/when he signs a new deal it's very likely he'll stay till at least 2025 I think, after that it's probably dependent on how competitive the team is.

yes, meaning we are likely FUCKED if Reece leaves and Livramento (as we have a buyback) doesn't push on and get a lot better

look at the global RB's after the Big 4 (TAA, Reece, Hakimi, and Cancelo)

horrific

7041abce34e5ae5af64ddd5a805d5dc5.png7c138a2a01883dc2ebd1c2dfe0becc08.png

2 minutes ago, Vesper said:

yes, meaning we are likely FUCKED if Reece leaves and Livramento (as we have a buyback) doesn't push on and get a lot better

look at the global RB's after the Big 4 (TAA, Reece, Hakimi, and Cancelo)

horrific

Not that change much, but where is Carvajal on this list? :D

On 19/07/2022 at 10:21, Blues Forever said:

Marseille and Lens have reached an agreement for the transfer of Jonathan Clauss. The fee is around €8m.

it is just sad we would not plunk out £6.7m for Clauss, as even though he is 29yo, soon 30yo (end of September) I changed my mind and concluded he has a lot of has left in the tank for that age, and especially at that price, as he played so little minutes over his career

only 20,878 minutes in 12 seasons

only 1700 per season

and 8600 of that was in the last 3 seasons, so

1350 minutes per year for his first 9 years

really low mileage on those legs, especially for a fullback

Edited by Vesper

Can't see Werner leaving simply because we need the numbers in AM with Broja following Lukaku and Ziyech looking like he'll probably end up in Milan. 

As for signings, we still need one more CB and a back up RWB before we can really feel comfortable. Personally, I am happy the Ake and Kimpebe deals have fallen through. I am not sold on Kounde at €60m either as I do not rate him highly enough. Personally, if we want that profile of CB I would just try for Fofana. 

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

The Ziyech rumors seem to have completely died. Haven’t heard anything about it in weeks. Same with Alonso.  Been seeing stuff about Azpi still but not the others.

Honestly I'm kind of glad.

Alonso purely because it's appearing to be him or Emerson for #2 role and for all his flaws I'd rather Marcos any day of the week.

Ziyech because I think he offers something we don't have and if we're going to start seeing a more conventional back four (especially if a 4231) that will play to his strengths a lot more.

14 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Honestly I'm kind of glad.

Alonso purely because it's appearing to be him or Emerson for #2 role and for all his flaws I'd rather Marcos any day of the week.

Ziyech because I think he offers something we don't have and if we're going to start seeing a more conventional back four (especially if a 4231) that will play to his strengths a lot more.

Wouldn’t be too bothered if Alonso stayed as a backup but Ziyech for me is just a poor fit in the PL. He’s too lightweight.