Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

Gabriel Jesus to replace Lukaku and Sterling to replace Timo wouldn’t be all that bad at all. Toss in Dembele on top for free and we’ll have done exceptionally well in totally revamping our attack. We’d finally have an entire array of attacker who are proper technical footballers rather than ones with horrendous first touch and no dribbling ability.

15 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Gabriel Jesus to replace Lukaku and Sterling to replace Timo wouldn’t be all that bad at all. Toss in Dembele on top for free and we’ll have done exceptionally well in totally revamping our attack. We’d finally have an entire array of attacker who are proper technical footballers rather than ones with horrendous first touch and no dribbling ability.

I do not believe for a sec Shitty will be mad enough to sell us two of their better attackers. Both of which would be starters on top form arguably. We might not be a direct rival to them yet, but jesus and sterling are both still in their prime and would lift us up a level immediately. Also the signal this would send to their "fans" and other squad members... I hope they are really this stupid and i will gladly eat my words but i give this less 1% atm

4 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

I do not believe for a sec Shitty will be mad enough to sell us two of their better attackers. Both of which would be starters on top form arguably. We might not be a direct rival to them yet, but jesus and sterling are both still in their prime and would lift us up a level immediately. Also the signal this would send to their "fans" and other squad members... I hope they are really this stupid and i will gladly eat my words but i give this less 1% atm

why not?

they need to sell and they has the luxury to do that

besids its almost impossible to keep all players happy all the time

last year was bernardo that wanted leave the club

lets see. It would be a massive upgrade to our team!

Edited by Mário César

18 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I don't understand why everyone has hard ons for City players. They look good because they have KDB and Bilva behind them.

1 minute ago, Magic Lamps said:

They will sell 2 forwards this summer because they signed Haaland and Alvarez. 

1 minute ago, Hashishi said:

I don't understand why everyone has hard ons for City players. They look good because they have KDB and Bilva behind them.

They will sell 2 forwards this summer because they signed Haaland and Alvarez. 

Yeah I know they will sell them but not to us.

Sterling and Jesus are still technically very accomplished no matter who plays behind them. Sterling was already quality in Liverpool's chaotic squad and has clearly developed under Guardiola. I think he would slot right into our system.  Jesus I have not seen outside City but the way he works positions, his link up play and dcent finishing is already above any of our strikers. You see, guardiola is all about short passes when progressing to the final third but in the final 3rd, his players never shy away from the 1on1 dribble. Hence, they have the biggest collection of difference making 1vs1 players in the league.

Even when you take silva and KDb out of their team which has been the case for quite a few games in the past few seasons, their players are still outstanding in terms of individual quality on the ball. It is just a different level to our attackers.

Not really sold on Jesus. Sometimes, I see him and he just seems lost. Also with all the chances City create, I am surprised he has not scored more goals. He seems on the periphery when I see him and personally I think if we had some of our attackers in that City team, they would be scoring more goals than they score here.

Just now, Stats said:

Not really sold on Jesus. Sometimes, I see him and he just seems lost. Also with all the chances City create, I am surprised he has not scored more goals. He seems on the periphery when I see him and personally I think if we had some of our attackers in that City team, they would be scoring more goals than they score here.

to be our main striker I has my doubts, but we would upgrade our attack. no doubt about that

Just now, Mário César said:

to be our main striker I has my doubts, but we would upgrade our attack. no doubt about that

In what way. I see him at RW for City and I don't think he adds anything special there. Up front, I prefer Havertz to him.

3 hours ago, Pizy said:

What happened to that massive kid we signed from Barca a couple of years ago? Wasn’t he hyped up as a future worldie?

You mean Xavier Mbuyamba. Barcelona was only a pitstop for him. He was supposed to join us but couldn't because of the transfer ban. He's actually put on a little more muscle since arriving. Unfortunately he's playing in fairly ordinary sides so it's hard to shine. Not really producing the kind of performances which demand first team consideration yet.

52 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

We've never seemed to be afraid of selling players to other teams in the league if it means getting the best deal and besides the obvious of Madrid, Bayern and PSG, City might struggle to sell these players for the prices they want to then reinvest in the squad. 

From what it sounds Jesus wants to leave this summer and that makes sense as he's been a rotational player throughout his City career and the introduction of Haaland may impact further on his opportunities. With the World Cup around the corner, I think he senses a move would be in his best interests and I think if we're interested we would definitely have a good chance of attracting him to the club.

I get the impression that Sterling will sit on his contract and be more interested in seeing that out and looking at his options then. I'm pretty sure he's mentioned in the past that he may be interested in moving abroad and next summer when he'd be 28 would probably be the prime time to do so if that's what he would like.

I'm confused. I keep reading Boehly is giving full control of transfers to Tuchel and thinking WTF? He was there when we signed Lukaku, unless there is solid evidence he wasn't introduced to our entire summer transfer activities I wouldn't trust him.

Las summer was disaster from so many angels. We could have kept Guehi and Livramento with big wages if needed, could maybe have kept even Tomori in the same way, use Tammy's and Zouma's money to invest in midfield (the lad that just left to Real) and keep the faith in our attackers when we lacked better options. We could spend less money and had lot better team today and upgrade by adding attacker or two when opportunity comes.

Shouda, wouda, couda. But if we keep trusting in anyone who had power to suspend last summer decisions but he didn't we are in deep trouble. Midtable obscurity regardless of odd 100 mill we get from time to time to waste. By the way the damage done last summer  is so comprehensive it will take lot more than 100 mil to repair. Who can we sell and get decent money? Pulisic, Kante and Jorginho but we are left without midfield. 

And if we keep them we will have our midfield next season  preforming like our defense this season: half hearted watching themselves from injuries. If we give them new contracts, that is the worst outcome. 

Las summer was missed opportunity that will cost serious money just  to avoid it's consequences.

43 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Dembele is completely ambipedal, so can play either wing

Since we will have Dembele, what do you think our attack will look like? Werner/Puli Havertz Dembele? Lets Mount and Gallagher move into midfield to replace Kova and Kante.