Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

2 hours ago, Stats said:

Not really sold on Jesus. Sometimes, I see him and he just seems lost. Also with all the chances City create, I am surprised he has not scored more goals. He seems on the periphery when I see him and personally I think if we had some of our attackers in that City team, they would be scoring more goals than they score here.

Same here. A good player no doubt, but for me more of a jack of all trades. Kind of reminds me of when Ferran Torres was at City about to leave for Barca. Everyone was saying how great he was but I just didn't see it. They have no defining attributes that sets them apart, just more of the same. I think he'd be a huge upgrade for an Arsenal etc but not for us.

Thomas Tuchel has been handed full control over player targets and also sales by Todd Boehly in a meeting

Todd Boehly has made it clear to Thomas Tuchel that he will do ‘everything in his power’ to deliver his targets and move on players he does not want…

@Vesper What are your thoughts now on Romagnoli? I remember previously you were quite a big fan of his and he was hugely rated just a couple of years back. He's obviously lost his place in the Milan side over the last year or so which is a bit of a red flag but is that down to a huge loss of form, injury, or simply an effective partnership being established which has edged him out?

One thing I am a little worried with is the potential lack of experience in our defence next season depending on who we sign. If we ended up bringing in Kounde and Gvardiol for example, alongside a potential combination of Chalobah, Colwill and Sarr we'll have a very young and inexperienced backline beyond Silva who can't play every game. I believe last season Silva played the most games in a season since he was playing in Brazil which is insane given his age but cannot be just assumed and expected. 

It'll be a bit annoying if we need to spend big money this summer on 2 centre backs, let alone 3 and I just wondered if someone like him is worth a shout on a free transfer who could rotate in the middle of that backline with Silva?

15f2886132e016ed38dc6349be9a3d7e.png

https://www.football-observatory.com/IMG/sites/b5wp/2021/wp384/en/

The last CIES Football Observatory Weekly Post before the summer break presents the top 100 estimated transfer values for players worldwide. Thanks to his fresh three-year contract extension with Paris St-Germain, Kylian Mbappé (€206) is back at the top of the list. The French world champion outranks the previous leader and recent Champions League winner Vinícius Júnior (€185M), as well as the new Manchester City striker Erling Haaland (€153M).

The Portuguese Rúben Dias has the greatest estimated transfer value for a centre back: €110M. Gianluigi Donnarumma (€74M) tops the table for goalkeepers, Trent Alexander-Arnold (€87M) for full backs and Pedri González (€135M) for midfielders. Benfica’s striker Darwin Núñez (47th, €70M) has the highest valuation for non-big-5 league players. The 30-year-old Kevin de Bruyne (76th, €57) is the oldest player in the top 100, while 17-year-old Pablo Gavi (73rd, €58M) is the youngest one.

English Premier League clubs dominate the ranking with 41 representatives in the top 100. Transfer value estimate intervals for all big-5 league footballers are available for free here. More information on the CIES Football Observatory approach to assess the transfer value of professional football players on a scientific basis is available in this freshly published peer-reviewed paper. Please contact us to know more about pour services.

Highest estimated transfer values (€ Million)

Date: 01/06/2022

93401df2ba34c4af9d14cbde68ec1a48.png

5495df2f2ef54748e398ee03ce6d7553.png

eca07d06178a6f97719eb4bfb6537b34.png

83d5f0ffbdd01531f5a56e3f93c9a506.png

cbb6c702eeff9b53880d3209753846aa.png

I am usually super sceptic about those mega swaps. But in case of Lukaku vs inter players there would be a huge upside for both clubs. We give them the player who contributed massively to their last title on lower wages and for a discount

he donkey gets his dream move and we are rid of him 

Surely one of Dumfries , skriniar, bastoni and de vrij would be open to come here In exchange

we can do a double cash deal like Barca and juve did. on paper

Everybody wins 

not gonna happen ofc  but would make a lot of sense 

4 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

I am usually super sceptic about those mega swaps. But in case of Lukaku vs inter players there would be a huge upside for both clubs. We give them the player who contributed massively to their last title on lower wages and for a discount

he donkey gets his dream move and we are rid of him 

Surely one of Dumfries , skriniar, bastoni and de vrij would be open to come here In exchange

we can do a double cash deal like Barca and juve did. on paper

Everybody wins 

not gonna happen ofc  but would make a lot of sense 

Dumfries??? Have you watched him at Inter? Horrible player..

Skriniar would be the real deal if TT wishes to stick with 3-back system.

Just the same stories regurgitated every few days. We’ve agreed personal terms with Koundé (which we’ve been hearing for literally months, yet no bid into Sevilla) we’re interested in Sterling, Dembele, etc, we have big time money to spend, Tuchel wants to be quick.

Same stuff repeated over and over. Yet nothing actually happening yet. If anything were close we’d be hearing from Matt Law or Ornstein a few days leading up to a signing.

10 minutes ago, Blues Forever said:

Sterling would be far from being my choice, but at least he's better than our current wingers and a known quantity with regards to the pl, i guess...

53 minutes ago, nyikolajevics said:

Dumfries??? Have you watched him at Inter? Horrible player..

Skriniar would be the real deal if TT wishes to stick with 3-back system.

Skriniar or Bastoni would be my number 1 and 2.

But I think Dumfries would be taylor made for the wing back role backup.

Maybe it was selection bias (about 6 games), but whenever I watched dumfries for netherlands or Inter he scored or assisted and provided width and attacking impetus. His performance stats at whoscored are not half bad either.

27 minutes ago, Blues Forever said:

In this Matt Law story, Sterling is priced at 50-60m pounds. Jesus also priced at 50m pounds. The fee can be lower since both are in the final year of their contracts.

Edited by Strike