Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

2 minutes ago, Blues Forever said:

Skriniar would be a hard pull too, but Marotta has said they will sacrifice 1 high profile player so i think Bastoni is still possible.

The issue is they've said they'll sacrifice a player on the basis that they'll sell them for big money to help cover their financial situation so anything that involved a swap deal for Lukaku isn't going to benefit that. 

Agree he'll be a hard pull, he's been in Italy for a good few years now. But the Italians are similar to the English, very few like to venture away from their own league, country and culture. Unless Inter implied they were receptive to selling him, I just can't see Bastoni pushing to leave. 

Just now, Blues Forever said:

Neither is Skriniar.

Can't blame either of them. If an English club offered me 300kpw and I was making 150kpw in Milan, I'd turn that down in all honesty. 

A culture and lifestyle you don't ever want to leave. 

3 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Skriniar also plays on the right side at Inter from what I gather on YouTube. Which is where Koundé will play if we get him and where we have cover already in Chalobah.

We really want a left footed, left sided CB. Which is why Gvardiol is ideal. Much higher ceiling and much younger than Skriniar as well.

Skriniar can play the LCB, but again similar like De Ligt their performances are far better as RCB.

2 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

The issue is they've said they'll sacrifice a player on the basis that they'll sell them for big money to help cover their financial situation so anything that involved a swap deal for Lukaku isn't going to benefit that. 

Agree he'll be a hard pull, he's been in Italy for a good few years now. But the Italians are similar to the English, very few like to venture away from their own league, country and culture. Unless Inter implied they were receptive to selling him, I just can't see Bastoni pushing to leave. 

Remember the Juve-Barca swap deals for Pjanic and Arthur? 

Just now, Blues Forever said:

Remember the Juve-Barca swap deals for Pjanic and Arthur? 

Very true, although I believe that was set up in a way to side-step FFP by having a huge transfer income in the year of sale, whilst amortising the purchase across the next few years.

For Inter they actually need the cash to repay the loans they've been provided with. 

2 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Very true, although I believe that was set up in a way to side-step FFP by having a huge transfer income in the year of sale, whilst amortising the purchase across the next few years.

For Inter they actually need the cash to repay the loans they've been provided with

They only need to register €60m profit before the end of this month. Just like that Barca-Juve swap deals scheme.

6 minutes ago, Blues Forever said:

They only need to register €60m profit before the end of this month. Just like that Barca-Juve swap deals scheme.

Ok that's interesting, could be some creative ways in which to help them do this whilst extracting a nice benefit ourselves.

To be honest if we could get Bastoni or Skriniar from them in a Lukaku deal and Dembele on a free we'd be going some way to strengthening the squad before we'd even dropped a transfer fee on a player. The further our budgets can stretch this summer without the compromise in quality of the additions we're making, the better.

2 hours ago, Tomo said:

Managers should never get absolute complete control. Above all else they don't have time to scout and manage the team.

Giving Tuchel a blank canvas will put us further away from City and Liverpool, not closer.

Obviously they don’t do it all but managers should look at who their scouts etc..have found and then make the decision.atleast for the under the radar signings. Don’t need scouts for players he’s regularly coach against or with.

OK. I'm going out on a limb here and saying Inter need to sell. No-one is buying Lautaro or Skriniar. Bastoni is wanted by spurs, Utd and us. He will go to spurs because of the Conte connection. They can offer CL football as well.

1 minute ago, Duppy Conqueror said:

Obviously they don’t do it all but managers should look at who their scouts etc..have found and then make the decision.atleast for the under the radar signings. Don’t need scouts for players he’s regularly coach against or with.

Tbf during the Piet de Vissier/Emenalo era we signed every superstar in De Bruyne, Salah, Hazard etc. It was managers, like Mourinho's, fault for not being able to integrate them into the team. Now we are dry af with these types of signings. No talent coming through whatsoever.

32 minutes ago, Hashishi said:

Tbf during the Piet de Vissier/Emenalo era we signed every superstar in De Bruyne, Salah, Hazard etc. It was managers, like Mourinho's, fault for not being able to integrate them into the team. Now we are dry af with these types of signings. No talent coming through whatsoever.

We're fortunate that our academy is probably among the best around and players are able to make the step up to offset our poor transfer dealings.

13 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Academy little stale atm though. Can’t really see anyone other than Vale make it in the Prem if I’m being honest. 

It was bound to stop at some point considering the number of players that have emerged & are playing in the UK or across Europe.

20 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Academy little stale atm though. Can’t really see anyone other than Vale make it in the Prem if I’m being honest. 

I don't believe in Harvey's chances either I'm afraid. The lad I like best from the 18s group is Jimi Tauriainen. Not saying he's a certainty but I like him best of those in the age group.