Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

15 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

Apparently PSG want to get rid of Thilo Kehrer so badly, they will give him up for peanuts. The player is also willing to cut his wages. He has ruined his reputation at PSG a bit but in Germany he is still held in high regard and will get quite a bit of game time in the NT according to flick.

Sounds a bit underwhelming but would not mind him basically as Christensen replacement. He is also very versatile can play RB and DM as well. Has no real strengths but also no significant weaknesses. Reasonably quick, good on the ball, assured passer and dribbler.

TT has worked with him and used him routinely.

Seems he plays both sides of a back three for both Germany and PSG that’s really useful to us . How much would he be worth?

If we don’t make at least 1 signing over this coming week I’ll start to get genuinely concerned. Some of the players we’ve been linked with should be easy, straightforward moves unless the club is doing some serious penny pinching. Dembele is a free agent and Koundé we’ve been haggling over for like a year and Sevilla are resigned already to losing him.  Why are those two not signed, sealed, and delivered yet?

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

If we don’t make at least 1 signing over this coming week I’ll start to get genuinely concerned. Some of the players we’ve been linked with should be easy, straightforward moves unless the club is doing some serious penny pinching. Dembele is a free agent and Koundé we’ve been haggling over for like a year and Sevilla are resigned already to losing him.  Why are those two not signed, sealed, and delivered yet?

Tbf International break is not over in regards to Kounde and we are negotiating below his release clause so a lot to do on that end. Don't want him anyway so I hope it falls through. Dembele on the other hand is not even with the international team but idk if he has even been released from his contract yet. We should be going for Bastoni/Barella but we don't have enough Italians in the team to make them comfortable. You are right in saying we will fall behind if we don't start moving soon.

3 hours ago, milka said:

-----Havertz / Gabriel Jesus-----

Sterling/Pulisic -- Mount----Dembele

I'm not so sure about these guys from Citeh

cats.jpgJe

yeah tbf Jesus is not that dissimilar from a short version of Kai, which makes him a bit less versatile. One difference would be that Jesus has always been a striker while Kai started deeper and hence is mistakenly labelled as false nine. So, it depends. If our system is still only compatible to a technical striker only, Jesus would be a good fit. Timo and Lukaku will probably leave so we need a new one anyway and Jesus would be  a low risk move. If however we wantour 2nd striker to be a target man, Jesus is obv the wrong choice

As for Pulisic and Stelring, I think you can clearly see Sterling is an upgrade. He is also frustrating but not as inconsistent. A speed dribbler like Sterling always wreaks havoc and he is also not quite as injury prone. Puli has a lot of nothing games where he has no impact at all and oppositons barely care about while Sterling even on a bad day takes up at least 2 defenders.

4 hours ago, milka said:

-----Havertz / Gabriel Jesus-----

Sterling/Pulisic -- Mount----Dembele

I'm not so sure about these guys from Citeh

cats.jpgcats.jpg

Can be a bit misleading, those stats.

Esp. the Sterling one. Yeah, it shows that he has nearly double the goal tally and assist stat in comparison to Pulisic, but that's with him playing in a stacked City team. You put him in our squad and those numbers will likely drop.

So the truth is really somewhere in the middle.

4 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Odds Tuchel walks in a few years for not being backed?

"In a few years" would still be a long ass time for CFC manager in charge so I would take that.

I doubt any team can cope with TT's intensity for more than a few years anyway. I do not see him walking tho except for maybe becoming national coach. He could have gone to Madrid when we were in deep shit but he stayed loyal. Maybe I am gullible but I have this feeling TT really cares about our club. In Germany he was never loved by tha fans at all. Neither at Mainz nor Dortmund, despite his success. This might be hard to believe for everyone who has just experienced the personable, cheerful,super professional guy we are have been witnessing since his arrival. In Germany on the other hand, ppl are completely astonished how easy to work with he has been conducting himself here. This is the first time the fanbase has fully embraced him not only as a coahc but also as a person. this is why there might be a samllchance he might actually have a longer tenure here.

Edited by Magic Lamps

£200m aint really that much when you think of how many we need so makes some sense to not be putting in the offers teams can’t refuse that are about £20m over their market value. Not sure how the kitty we have to spend if we sign someone on a free transfer would be.

with TB taking over ownership it would have been good to start taking control back and teach clubs we aren’t gonna be ripped off anymore but not ideal when the whole football world know in some areas we are desperate.

with Lukaku i’d be close to telling Inter and him to wake up in the real world or fook off,you got 48 hours or it’s over. Can’t afford his transfer fee,don’t want to swap any players we desire. I’d be fook off and we will only do business with your rivals for any players.

56 minutes ago, Blues Forever said:

I think Benfica are gonna hang on for more. They bought him for 25m which is quite a lot for their standards and they have a sell on clause agreed with his previous club Almeria. pool will have to pay way over market value to get him. he has 3 years contract left and release clause of 150m.

4 hours ago, Blues Forever said:

#Chelsea have agreed a new contract with academy graduate Xavier Simons.

[via @AdamNewson]

that dude has the exact same name as the girly looking (or should I say non-binary?)  lad at PSG who is hyped af.

Also the same age and both are midfielders. ours is much taller, English and a DM tho