Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

1 hour ago, Magic Lamps said:

Skriniar or Bastoni would be my number 1 and 2.

But I think Dumfries would be taylor made for the wing back role backup.

Maybe it was selection bias (about 6 games), but whenever I watched dumfries for netherlands or Inter he scored or assisted and provided width and attacking impetus. His performance stats at whoscored are not half bad either.

His attacking skills are not bad. Inter is dominating most of their domestic games due to their monster midfield(Brozovic-Barella) and their stable back 3, and in these games Dumfries can focus on attacking, so his stats seem good.(same like at Ajax). However, in big games his terrible defensive work is painful to watch. Similar to Emerson.

35 minutes ago, nyikolajevics said:

His attacking skills are not bad. Inter is dominating most of their domestic games due to their monster midfield(Brozovic-Barella) and their stable back 3, and in these games Dumfries can focus on attacking, so his stats seem good.(same like at Ajax). However, in big games his terrible defensive work is painful to watch. Similar to Emerson.

Barella is the one we should be buying from Inter. Include in the Lukaku deal. 

1 hour ago, Fernando said:

To be honest I don't think we upgrade anything if we go for Serling and Dembele. 

I'm skeptical with these names. I don't see us being elite with these players. 

we are playing with ziyech and werner and they are very poor

its not very hard to be a upgrade to these names.

1 hour ago, Blue Armour said:

The transfer window officially opens tomorrow. Hope to see some action next week.

I think it's vitally important that most, if not all, of our transfer activity is done before pre season and the tour to America so that gives us roughly a month. Should be plenty of time to bring 3-4 players in, sort out Lukaku, etc but we'll see.

4 hours ago, Superblue_1986 said:

I think it's vitally important that most, if not all, of our transfer activity is done before pre season and the tour to America so that gives us roughly a month. Should be plenty of time to bring 3-4 players in, sort out Lukaku, etc but we'll see.

Without a shadow of a doubt we need to have our business wrapped up before the pre-season starts.. but I think this is hands down going to be one of the trickiest transfer windows in recent history.. all the big clubs are vying for similar players. Hopefully the board are moving fast behind the scenes.

Edited by DDA

15 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

I like Bissouma a lot but we really need another holding midfielder. Can't go into another season relying solely on Jorginho who shouldn't even be in the starting XI in the first place. 

the talk is that he can play both DMF roles (deep holding and cruncher)

13 hours ago, Fernando said:

To be honest I don't think we upgrade anything if we go for Serling and Dembele. 

I'm skeptical with these names. I don't see us being elite with these players. 

oki, so which wingers do you rate?

and you cannot list ones who are not available, so no Federico Chiesa (injured)    

only true options for me are (other than Dembele and Sterling)

Christopher Nkunku  (not a true winger though, and crazy expensive now)
Rafael Leão      
Serge Gnabry  
Raphinha  
Jarrod Bowen 
Moussa Diaby 

1 hour ago, MoroccanBlue said:

I like Bissouma a lot but we really need another holding midfielder. Can't go into another season relying solely on Jorginho who shouldn't even be in the starting XI in the first place. 

What happened to jorginho anyway?

After hasn't selected regularly anymore under lampard, then since tuchel came in suddenly he got his good form, deliver some quality performance, even there was talk about him to win balloon d'or, and to some extend some people discuss about jorginho like one of the greatest cm last year, lampard was so wrong to bench him, jorginho being poor on lampard setup it's partially lampard's fault etc

And suddenly this season, we actually see the real jorginho again, who shouldn't even be in our starting XI.

Edited by dimmas