Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

Chelsea are expected to sell 1-2 attacking players next summer to make space for a new winger. #CFC Chelsea have a three-man shortlist, this includes Federico Chiesa, Antony Matheus dos Santos and Raphinha .

there are a lot of good reviews from this Antony 🤔

2 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

They need to be a dynamic goal scoring winger. 

You said that and want Chiesa but he has gotten into the double digit only once so far in Serie A. Are you sure he's gonna start banging the goals in in the Premier League when it's so much different/harder than Serie A? 

58 minutes ago, Jase said:

You said that and want Chiesa but he has gotten into the double digit only once so far in Serie A. Are you sure he's gonna start banging the goals in in the Premier League when it's so much different/harder than Serie A? 

Output isn't my main concern. It's forming a dynamic front three that can be cohesive together in the long run. You look at Chiesa at Juventus and he is the only player pressing and providing any sort of dynamism. They look to him similarly to how we looked at Hazard to create anything. For me, he is playing in a system and with players that don't complement him. 

He presses, he isn't predictable in his attack, two footed, and a workhorse. He would thrive in our set up and especially with Mount. 

tempus fugit

T-Markt just added (in terms of main player values)

their first player born in the first truly 'modern' year 2007, (the first year where you had all the major Western social media in place (except for the Big 5 of the newest ones, WhatsApp (2009), Instagram (2010), Snapchat (2011), Telegram (2013), and the newest giant, TikTok (2016)

and then, of course, the iPhone (June 2007) came in that year to kick it all off modern style

9098dda77a7ea3568678eb459b6fa207.png

5 hours ago, Vesper said:

Mikel Oyarzabal is class too

He is slow tho.

We need real pace again. pace, resilience and quality on the ball. Timo's and Pulisic's pace is too often useless cos they cant stay on their feet when shoved.

Agree with @MoroccanBlue. They have to fit our system. Hard workers with good first touch who always know what to do with the ball before they receive it and act on it. As much as i like ziyech's and mount's attitude and workrate, they just drag it on too long. The others are even worse. we rely so much on dribbling, yet have no elite dribbler on the team. But nothing is a guarantee. Just look at Jadon Sancho. He was all that in Bundesliga and cant get a game in PL.

We are still paying the price for letting KDB and Salah go so easily. and will still be paying it for years. Sometimes what you need is closer than you think.

25 minutes ago, Vesper said:

tempus fugit

T-Markt just added (in terms of main player values)

their first player born in the first truly 'modern' year 2007, (the first year where you had all the major Western social media in place (except for the Big 5 of the newest ones, WhatsApp (2009), Instagram (2010), Snapchat (2011), Telegram (2013), and the newest giant, TikTok (2016)

and then, of course, the iPhone (June 2007) came in that year to kick it all off modern style

9098dda77a7ea3568678eb459b6fa207.png

If he is 183cm at 14 he may better switch to basketball. Will most likely go over 2m.

33 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

If he is 183cm at 14 he may better switch to basketball. Will most likely go over 2m.

he turns 15 in a few weeks

you need to go look at 14, 15yo yank basketball players, many over 2 metres tall at that age

I see little chance that kid goes to 2 metres, my brother were both over 1.90m at his age ( on went to 2.0m, one to 2.01m or so, 2.02 maybe)

by time I was 15 and a half or so, I was almost my full height now (1.83m now,), after a massive growth spurt that made my knees ACHE and forced me to quit girls footie for ages) I looked like a praying mantis or a walking stick, lol, I was so so thin (got my metabo from mummy and then some, I still am hyper as fuck) and already had crazy long legs and wild hair, my fam called me the alien hummingbird, roflmaooo,  although I ended up by far the shortest member of my fam (and glad, as NO way would I want to be as tall as my sis and mummy, they have such a hard time with clothing)

15, 16 yo's 

42062c6142426fefe7e8264fcbe28885.png

66d0a6fc02e0a133c02f92ca8ef1ceeb.png

and even younger

14, 15yo

7a4f54a9d5fa370890d49c9d96c68d2a.png89f1645d0f324562b92be2c2593f6ada.png

Edited by Vesper

5 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Output isn't my main concern.

Are you sure the output isn't a concern? We spent most post-games complaining about not putting chances away. Even yesterday, we created tons of chances in the first half but no one put them away.

It's forming a dynamic front three that can be cohesive together in the long run.

I don't necessarily disagree with this notion but this only works if the club have a long term, overarching strategy in terms of how they want the team to play (e.g. like the Barcelona of old aka 4-3-3 with possession style football). Otherwise, it's pointless because every manager that comes in will just play their own system and try to fit in the pieces, which has been the case under Roman. 

They look to him similarly to how we looked at Hazard to create anything. For me, he is playing in a system and with players that don't complement him. 

Where have I heard that before...

23 hours ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

Could see Alonso maybe considering but not so much Dave - although in midst of a time where Chilwell is out and has been since whenever, why would Alonso look to move now and not in the summer for say? Considering we are still on course for a title challenge, still in the cups, CL and have the Club World Cup coming up which he may never experience again.

Simon Phillips is about as reliable as a chocolate fire blanket. 

Everton are signing a new LB after Benitez has fallen out completely with Lucas Digne.

Worth a punt next month? Probably available for relatively cheap and it wasn’t long ago at all that he was arguably the best LB in the PL.

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

Everton are signing a new LB after Benitez has fallen out completely with Lucas Digne.

Worth a punt next month? Probably available for relatively cheap and it wasn’t long ago at all that he was arguably the best LB in the PL.

We need to do something, as I wager Chilwell will need surgery and be out for the rest of the season.

Already have a pre contact deal with Kounde according to ESPN 🤨

“He’s a fantastic player,” said Frank Leboeuf on his fellow Frenchman.

“He has everything. He is a warrior. He never gives up. He has everything. He is the future for sure.”