Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

5 minutes ago, Pizy said:

We’ve sold off basically all of our best youngsters over the last few windows and also multiple first teamers who could’ve contributed all based on the idea that we’d reinvest in upgrades to help us challenge for everything immediately.

As awesome as our club have been in recent years for the most part this is one of the strangest summers ever. Trying to make up a massive points gap on City with only 1 signing. That’s…bold. 

Our best youngsters have made the squad.

The ones sold or loaned out either aren't good enough yet or won't be good enough to make the grade. 

People do have to realise that we invested a fortune last summer in the middle of the pandemic and then have had another full year after this playing in empty stadiums, etc. There isn't just an endless pit of cash available, no matter what people might think. We've done really well to raise money through players that are surplus to requirements here to cover the Lukaku signing which is a serious investment and a potentially key cog into the team for this season. A lot of clubs across Europe have done far less business or spent a lot less money than us this summer. 

I'm sure if the opportunity was there we may have done more business this summer, but it'll be done on our terms which I think is the correct way.

9 minutes ago, BluesMadLad said:

My guess to try answer that is it was seen we only needed a CF to challenge, only thing I can think off? 

But the manager who delivered us the CL trophy has said himself that we need a couple more signings. Multiple times he has said so in interviews.

I won’t slam the club until the window closes tonight but they will 100% have let him down if we sign nobody else.

44 minutes ago, Pizy said:

RLC made zero impact at Palace and zero impact at Fulham. But apparently he’s good enough for us? Chance after chance he’s had to show he’s Chelsea quality, here and elsewhere, and he has failed to show he is.

Should've just kept Billy or even Gallagher around.

Zero impact at Palace is simply not true. He was good enough that season to be called up to the England team for the 2018 World Cup and impressed enough for Sarri to keep him around even though Palace wanted him back.

Hodgson said: “It was no secret we wanted him back, because he’d done so well and we didn’t want to lose any of that team which had done so well. Ruben made an enormous impression, played extremely well, and was a decisive figure towards the end of the season when we started to really climb up the league from around March onwards."

People forget how good he was in 2018/19 for us once he really got a chance to play consistently. He ended the season with 10 goals and 5 assists despite only starting 17 games across all competitions. The achilles injury wrecked him badly but to say he was not good enough in 2017-2019 is just revisionism at its best.

After his injury he's not been good enough but I don't think it's a total disaster if he gets a chance as the 4th choice midfielder. Gilmour and Gallagher both wanted to go on loan for consistent playing time and Tuchel confirmed that during a press conference in pre-season. Especially for Gilmour it's vital for his development that he's at a club where he can play every game and he won't improve by playing a cup game here and there. If RLC doesn't perform, the window opens again in only four months and in the meanwhile Kante, Jorginho and Kovacic will play 90% of games anyway.

I definitely wanted Saul to come in because he's got enough quality to even challenge Kovacic for the 3rd midfielder spot and become a regular starter but for the next 3-4 months it's not a disaster if he doesn't sign and we can get back to it in the January window if needed.

Edited by Jype

14 minutes ago, Pizy said:

We’ve sold off basically all of our best youngsters over the last few windows and also multiple first teamers who could’ve contributed all based on the idea that we’d reinvest in upgrades to help us challenge for everything immediately.

As awesome as our club have been in recent years for the most part this is one of the strangest summers ever. Trying to make up a massive points gap on City with only 1 signing. That’s…bold. 

Let’s be real Kounde and a 4th choice midfielder will not change our PL chances. It will come down to our attack, and that is position we are not reinforcing.

hace 8 minutos, DDA dijo:

Fuck these clubs and their 'deadlines' who the fuck do they think they are?? The deadline is today... this dramatised bullshit is out of hand. They can all go fuck themselves.

If you want to sign one of the best players in my club, in addition to the conditions of sale being set by us, we need time to buy a replacement. Would you like a club to come today and sign an important player and you couldn't replace him with another? Your offer, besides being ridiculous, arrived on Wednesday the 25th. My club sent you a counter offer of 65 and you didn't answer anything. What is the fault of Sevilla? 50 was insufficient and your club knew it.

15 minutes ago, Sevillista said:

If you want to sign one of the best players in my club, in addition to the conditions of sale being set by us, we need time to buy a replacement. Would you like a club to come today and sign an important player and you couldn't replace him with another? Your offer, besides being ridiculous, arrived on Wednesday the 25th. My club sent you a counter offer of 65 and you didn't answer anything. What is the fault of Sevilla? 50 was insufficient and your club knew it.

Honestly pal, I couldn't care less if we don't get Kounde... as a popular memeber on this forum has said .. he's a dwarf anyway.

We do have the benefit of having a huge amount of players in our squad who are versatile and adept at playing multiple positions which I think could stop us from feeling too stretched if needed.

For example, there is still debate over Chalobah's best position (defence or midfield). Christensen has also played midfield for Denmark a few times, and James has also filled in midfield a couple of times under Tuchel. Mount could also potentially play deeper too if required. I'm sure if the squad needed shuffling around a little it's not the end of the world.

Would the additions of Kounde and Saul be welcomed? Absolutely, they would definitely improve the depth and quality within the squad.

But neither are walking into our first XI like Lukaku did. Unless we are completely ravaged by injuries then I don't think either is essential for any success we can hopefully achieve this season.

14 minutes ago, DDA said:

Fuck these clubs and their 'deadlines' who the fuck do they think they are?? The deadline is today... this dramatised bullshit is out of hand. They can all go fuck themselves.

I fully understand Sevilla's stance here, they don't have an obligation to help bigger clubs just because we want them to. We wouldn't want to lose our best players on deadline day either, just two years ago the club set a time frame for the Hazard deal to be completed and Real Madrid respected that. 

If the club really want Kounde that badly, I can only question why it was left so late in the first place. It's been more than a month since the clubs started negotiating and we agreed personal terms with the player so Sevilla have every right not to want to lose their star man this late. 

I don’t really understand Atleti’s position on Saul. Isn’t the entire reason he wants out and why they want him out due to the fact that he has fallen out of favor in midfield? Why do they need to replace someone who doesn’t even play in their midfield? I thought I read they have shifted him to win back or something.

6 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I don’t really understand Atleti’s position on Saul. Isn’t the entire reason he wants out and why they want him out due to the fact that he has fallen out of favor in midfield? Why do they need to replace someone who doesn’t even play in their midfield? I thought I read they have shifted him to win back or something.

He played near enough 90% of their games last season. Starting most of the time.

Hes on huge wages though I think. Around €300k ish. 

Edited by OneMoSalah

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

I don't think it's a matter of getting a replacement. They already signed Rodrigo de Paul for midfield earlier.

It's probably more to do with the clubs not agreeing a deal. Atletico want a permanent transfer or loan with obligation to buy, whereas we only want a loan with a buy option. Now let's see if Atletico are just bluffing and agree to a loan with a buy option if at the end of the day it's still the only offer on the table and the clock is ticking down. 

hace 13 minutos, DDA dijo:

Honestly pal, I couldn't care less if we don't get Kounde... as a popular memeber on this forum has said .. he's a dwarf anyway.

Perfect. You have a very good team despite not having Kounde. But Azpilicueta measures exactly the same as Kounde. But Kounde has a much higher jumping ability. I'm sure you will have a great year in the Premier and in the Champions League.

3 minutes ago, Jype said:

I don't think it's a matter of getting a replacement. They already signed Rodrigo de Paul for midfield earlier.

It's probably more to do with the clubs not agreeing a deal. Atletico want a permanent transfer or loan with obligation to buy, whereas we only want a loan with a buy option. Now let's see if Atletico are just bluffing and agree to a loan with a buy option if at the end of the day it's still the only offer on the table and the clock is ticking down. 

Well I can’t foresee our board sanctioning a buy obligation so it may come down to us increasing the loan fee or something. It’s just not smart business to commit to an obligation before seeing what you’ve got.