Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

I'm onboard with not making signings due to being bullied on the price tag or loan obligations, that said, yes it should have wrapped up way earlier and thats on the board, it is what it is. I'd rather make no signings than set the tone as we are a club that can be pushed into a corner. Ultimately, the deal the same as Kova's suits us and it also suits the player coming in, irrespective if its Saul or not, Kova did the business or enough of to warrant a permanent transfer at X fee when the loan ended, pretty simple. If there is an obligation, there is less pressure on the player coming in to make an impact and just come for the ride, no thanks.

19 minutes ago, Sevillista said:

Perfect. You have a very good team despite not having Kounde. But Azpilicueta measures exactly the same as Kounde. But Kounde has a much higher jumping ability. I'm sure you will have a great year in the Premier and in the Champions League.

It was tounge in cheek. I don't care if Kounde is small... he is a fantastic player. 

1 hour ago, Strike said:

Who though? If its not Saul on loan or Rice.

Saul, and Chelsea for some reason want an option to buy instead of obligation. Which make me think that they don't trust Tuchels judgement on the players he wants. If Tuchel wants Saul then why can't we just agree on the fact that its an obligation to pay next summer? 

The fee between Atleti and Chelsea has been agreed btw, there's just a conflict about it being a loan with option or loan with obligation to buy.

16 minutes ago, Vybz Kartel said:

Why do we never back our managers after winning titles? Its truly weird. 

Lukaku is a pretty big addition considering the lack of strikers available. We also finally cut down our bloated squad. Trevor's emergance is like getting another player.

1 minute ago, chelsea_4_eva said:

I dont think the board have any intention of paying buy out clause, may aswell focus on Saul.

If Saul really is around 300k Euros a week....that is insanity for a player out of form and a 4th option.

20 minutes ago, Azul said:

Saul, and Chelsea for some reason want an option to buy instead of obligation. Which make me think that they don't trust Tuchels judgement on the players he wants. If Tuchel wants Saul then why can't we just agree on the fact that its an obligation to pay next summer? 

The fee between Atleti and Chelsea has been agreed btw, there's just a conflict about it being a loan with option or loan with obligation to buy.

I don't think it's a case of not trusting Tuchel's judgement atall.more a case of a combination of other factors.1) we have Conor and Billy waiting in the wings.2) I don't see Saul being a flop but may be just so so we as has been evidenced many times in the Roman era,we buy players at either fair or inflated prices, when we want to offload some ,those clubs want to take the piss with loans or bargain guys or worse we just get stuck with them being in our books.

the reported 34m ain't a bad price but see what salary he would then have. I think one of Kovacic,Jorginho or Saul would leave next summer ,if we aren't tied to Saul then that decision is easier.

22 minutes ago, Azul said:

There is a very real possibility that Tuchel views Saul in much the same way as the club. A potential stop gap option this season that could develop into a permanent signing or otherwise move on to another target next season. 

If Tuchel was adamant that he wanted Saul permanently and he was the man for that midfield spot long term, I think the club would take the step to buy him at the prices being touted.

3 minutes ago, Duppy Conqueror said:

I don't think it's a case of not trusting Tuchel's judgement atall.more a case of a combination of other factors.1) we have Conor and Billy waiting in the wings.2) I don't see Saul being a flop but may be just so so we as has been evidenced many times in the Roman era,we buy players at either fair or inflated prices, when we want to offload some ,those clubs want to take the piss with loans or bargain guys or worse we just get stuck with them being in our books.

the reported 34m ain't a bad price but see what salary he would then have. I think one of Kovacic,Jorginho or Saul would leave next summer ,if we aren't tied to Saul then that decision is easier.

Personal terms with Saul has been agreed as per every reliable source. The reason we didn't sign him is literally because the board don't trust Tuchels judgement IF the reports from Matt Law, Fabrizio Romano etc are to be trusted.

We agreed personal terms, fee as well it's just that Chelsea want to have an option to buy incase he flops instead of committing to the transfer. Which means that they don't trust Tuchels judgement bro, why not commit to the transfer that Tuchels asking for?