Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

27 minutes ago, Azul said:

Tuchel wanted Saul over Tchouameni, so why are we focusing on a loan with option instead of obligation to buy. If Tuchel wants a player the board should back him.

With the Kounde situation, I understand because it's basically Sevilla who went back on an agreement, and from Marinas perspective I understand her stance on the deal. 

The fact that we backed out of the Saul deal just baffles me to be honest.

One thing that explains this is Tuchel wants Declan Rice in a year

14 minutes ago, Blues Forever said:

Monchi: “If someone pays the release clause in Koundé's contract, he will leave.”

He can go and literally fuck himself😂. If we pay his release clause then that sends a bad message to the future clubs we'll do business with. 

We just need to focus on other targets, Tchouameni and Kamara/Tapsoba/Lacroix for example.

Today the sports director of Sevilla Monchi just spoke. I tell you what he has told about the Kounde case:

1. Throughout the summer many offers came to the club to sign Kounde. Most of them (like that of Tottenham) rejected by the player himself who wanted to play in a Champions team.

2. At the beginning of August the player's representative told Monchi that he had an offer from Chelsea and that he would contact the club to send an offer.

3. On August 15, Chelsea had not yet sent an official offer to Sevilla F.C. to sign the player and Monchi spoke with the agent to tell him that if he did not arrive before the 20th they would not be able to attend to her because he would not have time to react and sign other players.

4. Chelsea's first and only offer arrived on Wednesday, August 25 at 6pm for a value of 50M € provided they managed to sell Zouma earlier.

5. Although it was already the 25th, Sevilla rejected the offer and sent a counter offer to Chelsea (about 65M €). I remind you that the resignation clause is 80M €.

6. Since that day Chelsea has not contacted Sevilla again. Not to reject that counter offer or for anything at all.

These are the actual steps events that occurred with Kounde. You have been deceived from minute one. I understand that you may think that paying 65M  € is not worth it for Kounde. That is the law of supply and demand. Chelsea offered 50M € and Sevilla wanted 65M €.

I wish you the best for this year.

Greetings

2 hours ago, Pizy said:

The only reason I would say it’s not a disaster is because only United dramatically improved around us. It looks as though City and Liverpool may also only sign 1 player each just like us. If everyone else went crazy whilst we signed only Lukaku I’d be worried.

It’s still very, very strange how a club like us that’s been so smart operating in the transfer market have been left scrambling for deals in the final hours when we’ve known for months what the manager’s ideas are.

Might just pull off another David Luiz. Time will tell i guess 

4 minutes ago, Azul said:

Tuchel said that he wants a midfielder this summer. Look at this video.

He's being let down by the board.

Who though? If its not Saul on loan or Rice.

Edited by Strike

hace 1 minuto, Mário César dijo:

Today the sports director of Sevilla Monchi just spoke. I tell you what he has told about the Kounde case:

1. Throughout the summer many offers came to the club to sign Kounde. Most of them (like that of Tottenham) rejected by the player himself who wanted to play in a Champions team.

2. At the beginning of August the player's representative told Monchi that he had an offer from Chelsea and that he would contact the club to send an offer.

3. On August 15, Chelsea had not yet sent an official offer to Sevilla F.C. to sign the player and Monchi spoke with the agent to tell him that if he did not arrive before the 20th they would not be able to attend to her because he would not have time to react and sign other players.

4. Chelsea's first and only offer arrived on Wednesday, August 25 at 6pm for a value of 50M € provided they managed to sell Zouma earlier.

5. Although it was already the 25th, Sevilla rejected the offer and sent a counter offer to Chelsea (about 65M €). I remind you that the resignation clause is 80M €.

6. Since that day Chelsea has not contacted Sevilla again. Not to reject that counter offer or for anything at all.

These are the actual steps events that occurred with Kounde. You have been deceived from minute one. I understand that you may think that paying 65M  € is not worth it for Kounde. That is the law of supply and demand. Chelsea offered 50M € and Sevilla wanted 65M €.

Greetings

6 minutes ago, Sevillista said:

Greetings

What if we activate his buyout clause last minute.

We’ve sold off basically all of our best youngsters over the last few windows and also multiple first teamers who could’ve contributed all based on the idea that we’d reinvest in upgrades to help us challenge for everything immediately.

As awesome as our club have been in recent years for the most part this is one of the strangest summers ever. Trying to make up a massive points gap on City with only 1 signing. That’s…bold. 

6 minutes ago, Pizy said:

We’ve sold off basically all of our best youngsters over the last few windows and also multiple first teamers who could’ve contributed all based on the idea that we’d reinvest in upgrades to help us challenge for everything immediately.

As awesome as our club have been in recent years for the most part this is one of the strangest summers ever. Trying to make up a massive points gap on City with only 1 signing. That’s…bold. 

My guess to try answer that is it was seen we only needed a CF to challenge, only thing I can think off? 

I'm glad the club aren't being held to ransom over deals. If we manage to negotiate a deal with Sevilla for Kounde which is acceptable to both parties (maybe a few million extra in bonus payments) then fine, but in no way should we hit the panic button and pay the release.

In the same way with Saul, if we aren't fully sold on him then we don't agree to an obligation to buy. £40m will eat into budgets next season and he'll be a high earner so if he doesn't work out we'll be left with another player we can't get rid of.

It's not ideal as we are thin in midfield, especially given Kante's recent injury history but we've got the base of a really top team now that has been built well in the last couple of years. I would prefer to wait for top targets than make do with alternatives.