Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

7 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

There is a very real possibility that Tuchel views Saul in much the same way as the club. A potential stop gap option this season that could develop into a permanent signing or otherwise move on to another target next season. 

If Tuchel was adamant that he wanted Saul permanently and he was the man for that midfield spot long term, I think the club would take the step to buy him at the prices being touted.

I agree, I'm just going off of every 'reliable' source. I'm just repeating what the likes of Romano, Matt Law, Simon Johnson have been reporting.

If what they say is wrong information then there's no problem basically.

Edited by Azul

9 minutes ago, Azul said:

I agree, I'm just going off of every 'reliable' source. I'm just repeating what the likes of Romano, Matt Law, Simon Johnson have been reporting.

If what they say is wrong information then there's no problem basically.

I'm not questioning if you're right or wrong, but I haven't seen anything reported that suggests Tuchel wants Saul to be signed permanently and the club is against this.

I've seen reports that Tuchel would like him if possible, but this again plays into the possibility that he's discussed this option with the club and if he can be signed on loan then great, but they don't want to commit to a permanent buy currently. I guess some of these reports are unfortunately open to interpretation.

16 minutes ago, Azul said:

Personal terms with Saul has been agreed as per every reliable source. The reason we didn't sign him is literally because the board don't trust Tuchels judgement IF the reports from Matt Law, Fabrizio Romano etc are to be trusted.

We agreed personal terms, fee as well it's just that Chelsea want to have an option to buy incase he flops instead of committing to the transfer. Which means that they don't trust Tuchels judgement bro, why not commit to the transfer that Tuchels asking for?

As fantastic as a coach as Tuchel is his record in the market is historically sketchy, that plus the experience with Conte means I can understand why they're a little sceptical going all in on all his wishes. 

As things stand it looks like Chalobah will be the backup player in both defence and midfield at least until January.

He could end up getting some real good minutes this season and really has the chance to carve an opening in the squad for himself as a utility player.

9 minutes ago, Tomo said:

As fantastic as a coach as Tuchel is his record in the market is historically sketchy, that plus the experience with Conte means I can understand why they're a little sceptical going all in on all his wishes. 

If thats the case then I consider it complete disrespect for a man that has won the CL. The least you can do is give what he's asking for, especially when we've got over 150m+ in player sales and CL winning prize money. There's no excuses.

22 minutes ago, Azul said:

Personal terms with Saul has been agreed as per every reliable source. The reason we didn't sign him is literally because the board don't trust Tuchels judgement IF the reports from Matt Law, Fabrizio Romano etc are to be trusted.

We agreed personal terms, fee as well it's just that Chelsea want to have an option to buy incase he flops instead of committing to the transfer. Which means that they don't trust Tuchels judgement bro, why not commit to the transfer that Tuchels asking for?

Not backing him would be not trying to sign anyone he wants,not wanting  to commit to a player beyond this  season is another matter. Next year then can have Conor and Billy back,may want to go for Rice or Bellingham then.

Good to keep options open.

1 minute ago, Azul said:

If thats the case then I consider it complete disrespect for a man that has won the CL. The least you can do is give what he's asking for, especially when we've got over 150m+ in player sales and CL winning prize money. There's no excuses.

His priority if reports are to be believed was always a top striker this summer and the club managed to buy the best one realistically available.

That's pretty decent backing considering we already had three strikers at the club, one of which was signed for big money the summer before.

I completely agree that if we fail to get Kounde and/or Saul it leaves us a little thin, but I don't believe the club isn't backing Tuchel. 

Not completely sure if Chalobah is a good cover for our CBs. Sure he had decent two games, but he's still quite a bit of an unknown, could go either way for him. If we weren't going to get another defender we probably should've kept either Zouma or Tomori.

3 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

His priority if reports are to be believed was always a top striker this summer and the club managed to buy the best one realistically available.

That's pretty decent backing considering we already had three strikers at the club, one of which was signed for big money the summer before.

I completely agree that if we fail to get Kounde and/or Saul it leaves us a little thin, but I don't believe the club isn't backing Tuchel. 

His main priority was a striker. Doesn't mean that we didn't have other priorities.

I don't care about Kounde, because we have the best defence in Europe, we have 5 very good defenders. However we only have three midfielders when we play a pivot in our system. If one of Jorginho, Kante or Kovacic get injured then we're not able to rotate games.

Look at the video I posted in the previous page. Tuchel literally says that the priority after Lukaku is getting a midfielder, considering Gilmour left. 

Just because we're European Champs we should get carried away, we were very lucky with injuries. What happens if Kante is injured for three months? How are we going to rotate seeing as we're playing 5 competitions? RLC and Ampadu failed to impress in teams that relegated, and they are not good enough.

28 minutes ago, different level said:

Not completely sure if Chalobah is a good cover for our CBs. Sure he had decent two games, but he's still quite a bit of an unknown, could go either way for him. If we weren't going to get another defender we probably should've kept either Zouma or Tomori.

Disagree

3 hours ago, Strike said:

One thing that explains this is Tuchel wants Declan Rice in a year

Tchouameni and Saul are two entirely different types of players. The first is a DMF, the 2nd a CMF, and their game play is different too.