Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

2 minutes ago, DDA said:

No all in mine thanks... if completed, I may send 500k over to yourself... call it a drink for completing the deal.

Forgive me for gate crashing your dreams but I want a slice too......yes I dont mind being a third wheel on this one.

2 hours ago, milka said:

obviously we won't take anyone  today

just don't know why we sold  Zouma 

you-have-to-go-crazy-tracy-jordan.gif

Because we don't need him. 

I wanted him gone last season but because of Lampard we kept him. 

Good job board! 

23 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Am I imagining things or did Anjorin not just sign a new contract a couple of months ago? This sure came out of nowhere.

His current contract was signed in June 2020, so more than a year ago.

I don't think a loan with a £17M buy option + buy-back clause is a bad deal. In any case he needs a loan deal to get more consistent playing time, and I don't mind the buy option included in the deal because it's all about playing the odds.

Chances are he'll never make it to be Chelsea starting player level so if he can potentially be sold for £17M after the loan it'd be a great deal. If he then defies the odds and becomes a star player in the next few years he could easily be bought back for a net loss of just £17M, which is not too bad. 

I like the fact that the club are including these buy-back clauses into more and more deals for young players. It keeps the club invested in their development and even if they're not bought back the buy-back clause can bring extra money later on (ie. with Jeremie Boga).

11 minutes ago, milka said:

Saúl had more shots on target last season than Kanté, Jorginho & Kovačić combined.

He gives Chelsea another dimension in midfield with his late runs at the top of the box. Gives other teams something different to worry about. Solid addition in midfield.

This is an aspect that many aren’t considering. When teams sit deep against us and park the bus Saul will be infinitely more useful than Kova or Jorginho because he can shot and score from outside the box.

Kova gets anywhere near the box and the ball is more likely the end up as a throw in for the other team than it is in the back of the net.