Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

I had hoped Sterling's time at the club would be coming to an end.

We've got our own troubles. If anything can be done to assist lighten the regulations for other clubs, our owners will gladly follow suit.

I honestly didn't think new owners could live such a distaste after a short period of time, but they have proven me wrong, and by a significant margin.

Agreed. The number of starts by Mudryk this season tells everything you need to know about Sterling's form.

Edited by robsblubot

42 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Alvarez is the picture perfect striker for us. I would think Arse would love him too but as a City’s biggest title threat I’m not sure they’d sell to them.

Would likely take him really pushing for a move.

Totally disagree. I think he has been bang average this season. I know he is behind Haaland but the few games where he has played up front, he has not convinced at all. I think he would struggle in a lone striker formation for any team bar City. His first season at City he looked a lot better. This season, he has been underwhelming. He may be a better finisher than Jackson but I don't think he is ready to lead the line for us at all. If we are going to go for a CF, defo think we should look elsewhere.

12 minutes ago, Stats said:

Totally disagree. I think he has been bang average this season. I know he is behind Haaland but the few games where he has played up front, he has not convinced at all. I think he would struggle in a lone striker formation for any team bar City. His first season at City he looked a lot better. This season, he has been underwhelming. He may be a better finisher than Jackson but I don't think he is ready to lead the line for us at all. If we are going to go for a CF, defo think we should look elsewhere.

You may be right. But I think I’d still rather take a chance on him than some other unproven young talent coming from another league.

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

Only Rodri, Foden, Walker, and Edison played more minutes in the PL for City. 

I prefer Sesko personally, Alvarez is solid but i don't see world class player in him. 

I'm okay with either of them, maybe leaning towards Alvarez a bit more.

Edited by TheHulk

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, bluesman2610 said:

He was at Cobham 2 years he's not our youth product he was an Arsenal youth product. We are just going to capitalize on his potential.

Semantics. He came through Cobham is what I meant., and he's been with the club since 2008.

And that's BEFORE he even went to Arsenal after rejoining Chelsea. So in my view, definitely MORE of a Chelsea youth product instead of Arsenal.

And capitalizing on Chelsea youth is what this new administration is good at. While stockpiling youth from other clubs at fees disproportionate to their performances.

Edited by Blue Armour

5 hours ago, Thor said:

Alvarez for 50 mil. Shouldn’t pay more. Not a starter. Doesn’t lead the line. Great potential. 

I doubt that gets it done though. 

Agree with this. He's a good player but won't break the bank for him considering its clear we have to do some accounting gymnastics to make our signings. 

We have Nkunku who's a similar forward too. Would prioritise a leading #9