Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

ok

I am losing the plot probably

but

Chris Wood (12 league goals in only 1500 minutes on a shit team)

could be a 'poor man's Giroud' signing

he still is only 32yo too, not like some 35, 36 yo last hurrah type

533f41805ba435d0d7e68d8df6223f68.png

On 26/04/2024 at 05:49, Vesper said:

So you are ok with us being pegged at the same spending level of Palace or Bournemouth?

Yes. Current rules rigg the system for the big clubs. Why can't a team like Bournemouth get a new owner who wants to put their money in to make them PL champions? Currently, the system insists that clubs spend what they generate, but how can clubs realistically grow without investment? 

For me, as long as the owner is using their own money, they can do what they want. We have no right to be a 'Big Club' forever. 

19 hours ago, Vesper said:

ok

but

That's a horrible signing, I wouldn't take any strikers from relegation level clubs.  

This is the same guy who was asked to leave Newcastle and now they have Isak leading the line (the difference in quality is laughable)

1 hour ago, King Kante said:

Yes. Current rules rigg the system for the big clubs. Why can't a team like Bournemouth get a new owner who wants to put their money in to make them PL champions? Currently, the system insists that clubs spend what they generate, but how can clubs realistically grow without investment? 

For me, as long as the owner is using their own money, they can do what they want. We have no right to be a 'Big Club' forever. 

I disagree. 

Some sports have been set out like that, but football has a tradition and history that comes with it. 

And like we see with Newcastle and Man City - you can become a "big club". 

21 hours ago, Reddish-Blue said:

That's a horrible signing, I wouldn't take any strikers from relegation level clubs.  

This is the same guy who was asked to leave Newcastle and now they have Isak leading the line (the difference in quality is laughable)

obviously he would not be the main striker here, but he sure would have been useful off the bench in many situations, and he would be cheap AF, esepcially if Forest go down

21 hours ago, King Kante said:

hard pass on going even further to the yank model

what's next, no relegation?

I do NOT want decades of mediocrity

plus the EPL clubs will get crushed by the free-spending giant clubs in Europe

I do not want to become a feader league or a has-been league, or a middling talent league

no no no

Chelsea

• Xavi Simons to Chelsea rumours have surfaced, but what will PSG and RB Leipzig decide to do with the player this summer? Fabrizio Romano takes a look in his exclusive column.

• Thiago Silva confirms: “I’m gonna leave Chelsea at the end of the season. Goodbyes are for those that leave and don’t come back. I intend on coming back one day.”

• Silva really plans to return to Chelsea one day in non-playing role to be part of the club. He loves Chelsea and London, same for his family and kids in the Academy. Silva had an important proposal from abroad in January but he rejected to help Chelsea until the end.

• Fluminense really want to bring Silva back to Brazil, their proposal is already being prepared. No final decision has been made yet, Thiago will think about it with his family and keep his options open.

• What’s the latest on Romelu Lukaku’s Chelsea future? Matteo Moretto takes a look in his exclusive column.

Nico Williams: Liverpool rival Arsenal for potential transfer of star with €60million release clause

https://www.caughtoffside.com/2024/04/29/williams-arsenal-liverpool-transfer-battle/

williams-athletic-club-madrid-1200x938.j

Liverpool are reportedly one of the clubs entering the running for the potential transfer of Athletic Bilbao winger Nico Williams this summer.

The talented young Spaniard has shone in La Liga in recent times, and it makes sense that there now seems to be plenty of interest in him ahead of the upcoming summer transfer window.

Our columnist Charles Watts has recently told us about Arsenal’s interest in Williams, while now Liverpool are being linked as one of his main suitors, alongside Paris Saint-Germain, according to Spanish outlet Todo Fichajes.

Williams has the skill, pace, and eye for goal that could make him a major threat up front for most top Premier League clubs, and it’s arguably an area Liverpool have gone a little downhill in in the last couple of years.

Williams transfer ideal to help Liverpool replace Mane and Salah?

Mohamed Salah is in a poor run of form at the moment and age is perhaps catching up with him, while the Reds clearly miss what a prime Sadio Mane brought to Jurgen Klopp’s side.

A talent like Williams could therefore make sense for LFC, but it remains to be seen what new directors like Michael Edwards and Richard Hughes will want to do this summer, while the club’s new manager will also surely be key to any decisions on incomings and outgoings.

Arsenal, meanwhile, might look the more tempting option for Williams, with the Gunners the more stable option at the moment as they really get into their groove under Mikel Arteta, with the feeling surely being that there’s more to come from this side even if they miss out on the title this season.

With Gabriel Martinelli’s form going downhill in recent times, there’s surely room for someone like Williams to come in and perhaps take his place, or at least provide a bit more in the way of competition.

Joshua Kimmich: No issue for Manchester City to pay €50m required to trigger exciting transfer

https://www.caughtoffside.com/2024/04/29/kimmich-transfer-city-eye-bayern-ace/

union-berlin-joshua-kimmich-bayern-1200x

Manchester City would reportedly have no issue paying the €50million required to sign German midfielder Joshua Kimmich from Bayern Munich this summer.

The 29-year-old is nearing the final year of his contract at the Allianz Arena, and it seems that if he doesn’t agree to renew his deal with the club soon, then he’ll be allowed to leave for the right price.

According to Sport, as cited and translated by Sport Witness, that price would likely be in the region of €50m, and it has Man City and others on alert for his signature this summer.

Kimmich has played under Pep Guardiola before and could be a superb addition to this City side, with midfielders like Mateo Kovacic and Matheus Nunes not really adding much since moving to the Etihad Stadium last summer.

Kimmich transfer: Man City can afford him, but he prefers Barcelona

Even if City are in a good financial position to get a deal done for Kimmich done, the report suggests that the player’s preference would be to join Barcelona.

They add that Barca could also try offering players like Frenkie de Jong and Ronald Araujo as part of the deal to bring Kimmich’s asking price down, though it remains to be seen if Bayern would be ready to accept an offer like that, with swaps like this actually pretty rare in football.

It would be intriguing to see a fine player like Kimmich challenging himself in English football, and he’d surely be tempted by the prospect of playing for Guardiola again, as it’s a move that more or less guarantees major trophies.

Still, Barcelona remain a big name, and if that’s where the player wants to go, then perhaps MCFC won’t push too hard to sign a player who isn’t that interested in joining them anyway, and move on to other targets.

They are reporting in Brazil that Viery Fernandes Santos Lopes (Viery) is a Chelsea target. He's a 19yo CB who hasn't yet played with the senior Gremio team. Never seen play, but people say he's very promising.
Just as curiosities, Gremio left back is Fabio former Man United and the striker is Diego Costa. 🙂 

4 hours ago, robsblubot said:

They are reporting in Brazil that Viery Fernandes Santos Lopes (Viery) is a Chelsea target. He's a 19yo CB who hasn't yet played with the senior Gremio team. Never seen play, but people say he's very promising.
Just as curiosities, Gremio left back is Fabio former Man United and the striker is Diego Costa. 🙂 

Haven't had breakthourgh yet but according to many people(agent and family) insanely talented. He is our kind of boy! Washington must be bored on the bench anyway.

Who is his agent? Is Wallace, Natan, Piazon, Kenedy related by any chance? Geez, I feel there

On 28/04/2024 at 16:20, Vesper said:

ok

but

To use an old fashioned phrase he's a bit of a lump though isn't he? No outstanding attributes other than effort. I don't know but I suspect that this is his best PL season ever. If true, it's not much of a recommendation. This would turn out to be either a genius signing, or a frustrating bust.

5 hours ago, nyikolajevics said:

Haven't had breakthourgh yet but according to many people(agent and family) insanely talented. He is our kind of boy! Washington must be bored on the bench anyway.

Who is his agent? Is Wallace, Natan, Piazon, Kenedy related by any chance? Geez, I feel there

all of the above. 😅 

Nathan, yes that one, was also sitting on Gremio's bench--rarely plays because he's pretty bad even for Camp Brasileiro standards.

15 hours ago, robsblubot said:

Another unknown talent, just what we need at the club. 

He might be super talented but looking at our defense and no Thiago Silva next season, we should go out and sign a first team CB as soon as possible as Disasi/Badiashile isn't the answer. 

Well, one of my main LB targets is off the list.

Quilindschy Hartman.

Out with a horrid knee injury until January.

Sigh.

Even my targets are getting massive injuries. 

The curse spreads.

Haven't even started to think about what we need to do in summer. How to make sense of a squad like ours, where in almost every position we have good options if only they would be fit?

Could make an argument for GK, CB, LB, CM (somewhat amazingly), LW, ST...

On 30/04/2024 at 09:13, Vesper said:

hard pass on going even further to the yank model

what's next, no relegation?

I do NOT want decades of mediocrity

plus the EPL clubs will get crushed by the free-spending giant clubs in Europe

I do not want to become a feader league or a has-been league, or a middling talent league

no no no

If the figures are correct, then if the current plans go through spending will be capped at £0.5 billion a year. This won't stop the Premier League dominating.