Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

9 hours ago, ulvhedin said:

So, let's say we sell Sterling - what are good realistic LW for us to sign? Apart from Kvicha and Leao, for whom we would have to break the bank?

What about Eze?

I wonder if we can even afford anyone anymore? Last year the spending seemed to have absolutely no cap but surely the fair play rules have to bite this summer. Thiago leaving frees up a bit of wages maybe, and selling Cobham graduates maybe keeps us afloat in terms of the rules, but surely to buy anyone we would need to do a LOT of selling this summer? 

Anyone seen any good analysis on this?

14 hours ago, Mhsc said:

I wonder if we can even afford anyone anymore? Last year the spending seemed to have absolutely no cap but surely the fair play rules have to bite this summer. Thiago leaving frees up a bit of wages maybe, and selling Cobham graduates maybe keeps us afloat in terms of the rules, but surely to buy anyone we would need to do a LOT of selling this summer? 

Anyone seen any good analysis on this?

There've been many reports and amatauer analysis of this case, but many of them were contradicting to each other so I wouldn't really believe them fully

1 hour ago, ulvhedin said:

There've been many reports and amatauer analysis of this case, but many of them were contradicting to each other so I wouldn't really believe them fully

I think couple of sales and we're set. Club has already lined up Hall and Maatsen.

If Saudis take Sterling (who has a v high wages) and Lukaku, then we'll be able to easily afford the spending we are looking to do - ST, LB and CB.

1 hour ago, ulvhedin said:

2 minutes ago, Strike said:

I think couple of sales and we're set. Club has already lined up Hall and Maatsen.

If Saudis take Sterling (who has a v high wages) and Lukaku, then we'll be able to easily afford the spending we are looking to do - ST, LB and CB.

Depending on where you look there is either reckless optimism or extreme pessimism. It seems like a lot depends on how creative the club are with how they do the accounts and these little clever tactical tricks like selling the hotel from one Chelsea entity to another etc make a huge difference. So after reading about it a bit I concluded that basically only people in the club can know what is feasible because basically the rules are so opaque and open to tricks that it is impossible for anyone to know. Even for the club itself I'm not sure THEY can know for sure because for example how the period we were under sanctions will be treated financially is completely unprecedented situation.

Club must just be taking a risk based approach where they are saying the amount we are spending based on all of this is an acceptable risk and if anyone tries to punish us there are so many mitigating circumstances we can appeal and tie them up in 5 years of legal battles that we will have a pretty reasonable chance at winning.

My personal guess is we can probably actually get away with spending £200m-£300m if we can actually afford it (irrelevant of FFP tricks, we have already spent a LOT of money in a world in which money is currently quite expensive)

2 hours ago, Strike said:

Mount is also surprisingly on the books for this year rather than last. Mount at £55m, Hall at £28m and Maatsen at £35m gives us approximately £118m pure profit. Not sure what we need to do obviously but that strikes me as a solid amount to work around our previous spending. If we can somehow clear Lukaku, Kepa and Sterling that would surely give us some space to work with. 

4 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

I think you make exception for a talent like Estevao.

Is he on the level of Endrick? who's already scoring goals for Brazil

Report says Madrid were interested in Estevao too but there's an issue between club chief scout and player's agent. 

23 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

If we get more than £35M I will be happy. 

For Broja? He's a £15m player all day long until he proves he can come back from his injury and goes on a run in the PL scoring goals. He's 23 in September and living off of hype. The only positive is that he's on £40k a week, which is a much better position than we used to end up in with young players.

20 minutes ago, Mhsc said:

For Broja? He's a £15m player all day long until he proves he can come back from his injury and goes on a run in the PL scoring goals. He's 23 in September and living off of hype. The only positive is that he's on £40k a week, which is a much better position than we used to end up in with young players.

It is amazing how inflated the prices have been in the past two years. 35M does not buy much these days.