Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

19 hours ago, Pizy said:

We’ve (and the manager) have been bemoaning the lack of leaders and experienced players nonstop. We’ve already got a glut of teenaged “wonder kids” on the books that won’t see the pitch for us for years. Why the hell are we spending a load of money on yet another? 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ One that plays in the same area as 10 of the other super talents we’ve bought recently, too…

Thing is if we give Poch control I'd worry he'd get experience for the sake of it.

As we're seeing with United, experience is only valuable if they're performing at the level required.

I am not sure "experience" matters so much as calmness and leadership qualities. Cole Palmer good example of that.

I do feel like we are very weak on leadership on the field without Thiago. Experience matters there mostly in so much as de facto someone like Thiago commands respect because of the CV he had behind him. 

10 minutes ago, Mhsc said:

I am not sure "experience" matters so much as calmness and leadership qualities. Cole Palmer good example of that.

I do feel like we are very weak on leadership on the field without Thiago. Experience matters there mostly in so much as de facto someone like Thiago commands respect because of the CV he had behind him. 

That's true, but "calmness and leadership qualities" usually come from experience.
Having experienced in-game situations multiple times allows them to remain unfazed by any in-game situations. Palmer is an exception and also not really, considering he came from City. Consistency is also a key factor from experience.
Which is another reason sometimes projecting performances from different leagues and/or smaller clubs often lead to disappointment.

Gusto for example is an excellent player who switches off at times. Caicedo -- I'm just going to just say who is a good player -- switched off plenty during the season, with some of the unforced errors leading to conceded goals. That's typical from inexperience.

8 minutes ago, Vesper said:

buy Palmeiras 

😻

f0796453acbc49bc042ae1a79546908c.jpg

hehe I can't remember the last talent that came from their academy prior to Endrik; I think there have been good players, not any real talent.
Which is a common tale for most Brazil club academies.
It could be that Palmeiras is now a step ahead tho.

12 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

hehe I can't remember the last talent that came from their academy prior to Endrik; I think there have been good players, not any real talent.

they have always been my favourite Brasil club

35 minutes ago, Vesper said:

they have always been my favourite Brasil club

It's a good club and well run esp after Leila Pereira took over. She's really making things happen.

I know a little more about them because my cousins in São Paulo are all Paleiras supporters.

I'm not sure how they will make the Brasileiro continue without the clubs from the south. It's not like they are getting ready to return to activities; players are with their families taking care of their properties, or rescuing people, or distributing food and water.

fun fact-which I've mentioned before but (rotating audience 🙂 ): I was at Olimpico stadium (before Gremio arena was built), and watched Gremio coached by Scolari beat Parmalat (italian milk co) Palmeiras that has a young Rivaldo and Roberto Carlos in that line up. https://www.besoccer.com/match/gremio-porto-alegre/palmeiras/199512896

Mario Jardel was the star of the show, but honestly anyone watching RIvaldo and Roberto Carlos knew they were WC players or ready-to-be one. They were what 19-20 then?

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Vesper said:

Roberto Calos was 22 then

RIvaldo was 23

(thanks! on phone and at a happy hour)

Heh makes sense top players used to move to Europe a lot later in the 90s.

Edited by robsblubot

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, robsblubot said:

I know he is not top 10 but Gabriel Jesus is from Palmeiras

Edited by ulvhedin

On 08/05/2024 at 22:15, ZAPHOD2319 said:

Yup they are worth a punt. The club as far as youth are doing good. Just a few that have been bad. Since January of last year the worst has been Disasi.. But I guess he can have a descent resale value so that might not be bad. 

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Yup they are worth a punt. The club as far as youth are doing good. Just a few that have been bad. Since January of last year the worst has been Disasi.. But I guess he can have a descent resale value so that might not be bad. 

Not sure about that. Disaster is what is known as a depreciating asset. Fortunately for us - and him to an extent - the chaos at the club has covered up just how bad he is. If I were in charge my first point of action would be to sell him to the highest bidder, as the more he plays, the more he will be harder to shift - especially if we start playing well consistently. 

Edited by King Kante

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, robsblubot said:

Palmeiras is not a traditional formative club. The best players in their history were formed by other clubs. The real interest and investments in the academy is recent, maybe the last 08 years, something like that. This is probably the first generation of good players formed in the club, with Estevao, Endrick and Luiz Guilherme.

Is much more reliable when a potential talent is formed by Sao Paulo, Flamengo, Santos, Gremio, Fluminense, Vasco  etc, because they had many of them in their academies in the past and have more experience identifying the best prospects.

Edited by Arlen Correa

We will  upgrade with more kids after you get rid of  your best midfielder Gallagher , Chalobah and Silva who is your best defenders .
How about some world class midfielder , defender , or winger no  we are farming fc  trust the process to make money . It is good to take supposedly elite talents when you have leaders in the team around whom these talents can develop, but when you don't have them, the only thing you do is to chase your profit from these young people.

19 hours ago, Vesper said:

Franco Mastantuono ONLY wants Real Madrid, despite interest from Chelsea. @MatteMoretto 

💬😏

Franco Mastantuono (turns 18 in August 2025)

928243e99c97a57181094451f1807d53.png

Mastantuono-900x506.jpg.webp