Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Strike said:

Are Cole, Noni and Angelo not young left footed right wingers though?

I get Cole has played centrally also but surely a left winger is more a priority given Mudryk’s genuine lack of ability and Sterling struggling here. 

Fuck knows though, this recruitment team and strategy has been very erratic. Probably buy 2 more GKs in the summer also. Which again is probably needed given how average the ones we signed were. And be another summer with no deal for a proper first choice CF or CB I bet.

Edited by OneMoSalah

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

We need to give Slonina some serious minutes in pre-season. He is young, but if he is ready, get him out there.

Only thing with that is also if he isn’t ready then again, it’s back to square 1. Petrovic and Sanchez aren’t anywhere near good enough either. Sanchez maybe be a reasonable number 2 given his HG status but he is the best of the 2 of them and that is a problem in its own right. Unless Kepa is coming back but again, not the best.

Edited by OneMoSalah

1 hour ago, OneMoSalah said:

Are Cole, Noni and Angelo not young left footed right wingers though?

I get Cole has played centrally also but surely a left winger is more a priority given Mudryk’s genuine lack of ability and Sterling struggling here. 

Fuck knows though, this recruitment team and strategy has been very erratic. Probably buy 2 more GKs in the summer also. Which again is probably needed given how average the ones we signed were. And be another summer with no deal for a proper first choice CF or CB I bet.

So is Kendry Paez, another wonderkid they’ve signed. They’re obsessed with finding the next breakout wonderkid

27 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Only thing with that is also if he isn’t ready then again, it’s back to square 1. Petrovic and Sanchez aren’t anywhere near good enough either. Sanchez maybe be a reasonable number 2 given his HG status but he is the best of the 2 of them and that is a problem in its own right. Unless Kepa is coming back but again, not the best.

Is there an upgrade in the market ? Ramsdale is available but I’d hold off on making a move

1 hour ago, Strike said:

So is Kendry Paez, another wonderkid they’ve signed. They’re obsessed with finding the next breakout wonderkid

Yeah forgot him as well. Just looking at stockpiling again, same thing the Abramovich regime was heavily criticised for. Multi club model isn’t looking like something that will happen/survive longterm given UEFA wanting to come down hard on it. So seems pointless. 

1 hour ago, Strike said:

Is there an upgrade in the market ? Ramsdale is available but I’d hold off on making a move

Ramsdale probably is on paper but I get the feeling he is like Kepa. His confidence took a huge knock in the run in last season when Arsenal ultimately blew the title. Now he doesn’t get a look ahead of Raya who isn’t particularly much better either in terms of shotstopping. 

at this point I am just going to take a step back and see what we do

this board (TC) knows all my targets

I am just going to wait and see how to react once hard evidence of a deal trying to be cut gets put out there

we are mad as ass if we sell Conor BTW

Regarding the CB discussion earlier, I really dislike PSG Marquinhos. I just don't see enough skill and mentality to make up for his lack of physicality. He's not a CB I would go for even if there was an opportunity.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Vesper said:

wtf

we have an overload of left footed RWers/AMFs

we need a right footed LWer

madness

They lost me at "young". 😆
But fully agreed. Perhaps they are counting that Nkunku and Carney will remain fit and help to cover that side, but it's a lot of ifs. Carney fills the role of young left wing in my book, what we need is a consistent 25ish who will get us a 7 performance on every match.

Edited by robsblubot

9 hours ago, Vesper said:

wtf

we have an overload of left footed RWers/AMFs

we need a right footed LWer

madness

Crazy overload. Palmer, Noni in the first team, Angelo, Omari on loan, Kendry Paez and Estevao (?) coming in 2025. 

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Strike said:

Crazy overload. Palmer, Noni in the first team, Angelo, Omari on loan, Kendry Paez and Estevao (?) coming in 2025. 

Will be years before last 2 are integrated, also some were bought with only intention to flip them for profit.

Edited by TheHulk