Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

Posted (edited)

Portsmouth out to bring in Chelsea midfielder Tino Anjorin as former Huddersfield Town man leaves strong impression on finale

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/portsmouth-fc/latest-portsmouth-out-to-bring-in-Chelsea-midfielder-as-former-huddersfield-town-man-leaves-strong-impression-on-finale-4616621

Pompey are keen to bring Tino Anjorin back to Fratton Park.

The News understands the Blues are ready to explore the possibility of a second season on loan at Fratton Park for the Chelsea midfielder.

Anjorin delivered a strong finish to the campaign, after dealing with another sizable setback in a career hampered by injuries to date.

Pompey would be keen to protect themselves against the prospect of another issue surfacing for the 22-year-old.

But John Mousinho has absolutely no doubt about the Poole man being able to make a strong impact in the second tier next term.

Anjorin put five months of frustration behind him with his return, after suffering a serious hamstring injury in the FA Cup reverse at Chesterfield last November.

Five appearances were registered in the season’s finale, including starts as Pompey won the League One title against Barnsley and the final-day success at Lincoln.

Anjorin spoke of his desire to repay the loyalty Pompey had shown in covering his wages during his time in the treatment room, along with being keen to return next season.

Another deal would likely see the Blues pay a portion of the Chelsea academy graduate’s weekly wage, with his existing deal running until next summer.

That contribution would then be lowered in the event of Anjorin being hit with another spell on the sidelines.

Such an agreement then gives Pompey the confidence they will be getting good value, while Anjorin is then given the platform to showcase his obvious talent.

The classy operator has been a popular addition to the Blues ranks, with his quality respected by his peers and the player seen as one of the most gifted in Mousinho’s squad.

Anjorin is currently one of the 18 players away in Las Vegas celebrating the League One title success.

Pompey know they need to strengthen in the areas former Lokomotiv Moscow operates, with Anjorin playing as both a deeper midfielder and in a more advanced role in Mousinho’s preferred 4-2-3-1 formation.

The Blues are interested in Bristol Rovers’ Antony Evans in that area of the pitch, after a strong season from the 25-year-old in League One.

Edited by Vesper

@VesperI'm seeing that Girona is doing good in Spain.

Was wondering if there's any new player from that team you consider? I was looking at their fullbacks and since we are bad in defense was wondering if they were any good? 

18 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Was wondering if there's any new player from that team you consider? I was looking at their fullbacks and since we are bad in defense was wondering if they were any good? 

Their coach ??

51 minutes ago, Fernando said:

yes, I have posted many times that if we cannot get (for LB)  Federico Dimarco, then a main target for me would be Miguel Gutiérrez from Girona

2092a465f9cd849ad1fc52388b01f5c3.png

from a recent post;

9d5dabaf5128d48c2e621819f2e57845.png

On 04/05/2024 at 07:40, Arlen Correa said:

Never heard about him until this year. It could be because he is very young but, the people controling his career are Neymar and Neymar senior. Suddenly a lot of channels from the south of Brazil were making videos about him at same time, as if its some propaganda effort.

I think nobody should sign him until we see the player in the first team.

FWIW, I've heard of him for a while likely before he even signed with the Neymars.

Regarding the bit about, "I think nobody should sign him until we see the player in the first team." I'm afraid that ship has sailed esp now with Endrik.

1 hour ago, robsblubot said:

FWIW, I've heard of him for a while likely before he even signed with the Neymars.

Regarding the bit about, "I think nobody should sign him until we see the player in the first team." I'm afraid that ship has sailed esp now with Endrik.

A player i think we should take a look from Gremio is the LB Pedro Gabriel(17). I believe he will be a great player.

On 05/05/2024 at 01:15, Vesper said:

yes, I have posted many times that if we cannot get (for LB)  Federico Dimarco, then a main target for me would be Miguel Gutiérrez from Girona

from a recent post;

9d5dabaf5128d48c2e621819f2e57845.png

Miguel Gutierrez might not be an option since Real have an option to sign him for 9m in 2024 and 2025. I fear Grimaldo, Dimarco will be tough pulls given they  have long contracts and are settled in league winning squads.

Theo is an option. Contract is running out in 26. I'd love a move to sign him. Even with the worries about his pace, he is a baller. 

Also, how good is Milos Kerkez? I saw stories saying Boehly-co's data team like him. 

So, let's say we sell Sterling - what are good realistic LW for us to sign? Apart from Kvicha and Leao, for whom we would have to break the bank?

22 minutes ago, ulvhedin said:

So, let's say we sell Sterling - what are good realistic LW for us to sign? Apart from Kvicha and Leao, for whom we would have to break the bank?

I think no LW. Roll with Mudryk, Nkunku, Jackson. Break the bank for a proven forward

31 minutes ago, ulvhedin said:

There were links with Williams.