Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Strike said:

Crazy overload. Palmer, Noni in the first team, Angelo, Omari on loan, Kendry Paez and Estevao (?) coming in 2025. 

and Diego Moreira and Dujuan Whisper Richards (can play CF as well as RW)

all 8 are left footed right wingers/SS/AMF types

Edited by Vesper

11 hours ago, Strike said:

Crazy overload. Palmer, Noni in the first team, Angelo, Omari on loan, Kendry Paez and Estevao (?) coming in 2025. 

Only Palmer is WC. Everything else is a hit and miss. Plus they can be sold since they are not in crazy wages. 

I have no problem with this. But I will be annoyed if they don't worry about fixing the defense. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Fernando said:

Only Palmer is WC. Everything else is a hit and miss. Plus they can be sold since they are not in crazy wages. 

I have no problem with this. But I will be annoyed if they don't worry about fixing the defense. 

Who do you want ideally in defence? Who do you want to leave to make space? Not being difficult, but interested to see how other supporters want to balance the defence out. 

Edited by King Kante

We’ve (and the manager) have been bemoaning the lack of leaders and experienced players nonstop. We’ve already got a glut of teenaged “wonder kids” on the books that won’t see the pitch for us for years. Why the hell are we spending a load of money on yet another? 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ One that plays in the same area as 10 of the other super talents we’ve bought recently, too…

17 hours ago, Strike said:

Problem is, they probably see things like this: 

Palmer - Jackpot signing

Noni - Bargain signing that is now worth more than we paid for him and on a long term low wage contract. 

Paez - Hype player that is getting the stats/research geeks foaming. 

Angelo - Always looked like a 'multi-club' dice roll for low cost. Jury still out. 

Omari - Get him to sign a new contract and cash in on his HG status in a year (so long as they gey him to sign.) 

The only real issues they've had with AMs are Sterling and Mudryk, and even Mudryk is starting to show some signs of life to an extent. 

5 hours ago, Pizy said:

We’ve (and the manager) have been bemoaning the lack of leaders and experienced players nonstop. We’ve already got a glut of teenaged “wonder kids” on the books that won’t see the pitch for us for years. Why the hell are we spending a load of money on yet another? 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ One that plays in the same area as 10 of the other super talents we’ve bought recently, too…

Normally, I'd say no to another teenager but if they're the level of Paez and Estevao - they are worth a punt.

21 minutes ago, Strike said:

Normally, I'd say no to another teenager but if they're the level of Paez and Estevao - they are worth a punt.

Yup biggest clubs are all going for these types -- extremely high ceiling and super young: more of a gamble with a much larger payoff.

Estevao isn't that much of a wait, at least not until he joins. He's just turned 17, so he will ready to join next year in the summer.
I hope we have built something a bit more stable by then.

I think we will basically always try for players if they are being rated as potential generational talents if they are somewhat affordable, even if we had City's XI we still would, some % of them will turn out to actually be that good and if it turned out you got 25% of them right it would still work out at pretty amazing business given the wages + transfer fee you'd then have one of the best players in the world on. Just don't get opportunities like that without getting them young.

I doubt any signing like this is intended for our lineup for this or even next season, question really is can we even develop this many players simultaneously? Doesn't the loan limits make it hard these days? They will almost definitely not turn into generational talents if their future is getting a few chances a season to do 3 minute cameos like David Washington.

Posted (edited)

yup, you don't miss a chance to sign a potential WC player because of Noni Madueke, who shows up in few games during whole season.

Edited by ulvhedin