Liverpool 1-1 Chelsea

Jase

• 2 weeks later...

Couple of dilemmas.

Alonso is amazing this season but this type of game is more for Chilwell? 

And upfront we need pacy players. 

So Lukaku is certain. But Werner or Pulisic to be that fast player. Third spot I think Ziyech deserves start after being best player in pre season. 

43 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

I think we are really going to have a better idea of our attack after this game. I am hopeful, but not completely over the top we are there yet.

If Lukaku can pose a threat and distract VVD especially, The money pile on us for the title will certainly get bigger!

1 hour ago, NikkiCFC said:

Couple of dilemmas.

So Lukaku is certain. But Werner or Pulisic to be that fast player. Third spot I think Ziyech deserves start after being best player in pre season. 

It is tricky. 

- I'd opt for Chilwell because we will need pace against Salah and TAA. 

- Werner is a must.

- I'd also add Lukaku to battle VVD. 

- Havertz/Mount's trickier by dropping in midfield and having free roles caused Arsenal so many problems. I'd opt for one  of them and if we are in need of a goal bring on Ziyech/Pulisic. 

Timing of these tough away matches (even arsenal should improve later in the season) has been real nice.

This is the best time to play Liverpool and we are in better form than they are. The return VDK is obviously huge for them, but we have carried our form from last season. Our pressing is great and so is our movement... we can play anyone at the moment.

Van Dijk  is not in top form and he may not be able to  deal with  this Lukaku

Robertson is injured , they obviously have some problems in the middle, if  we deal with  Salah and Mane  we can beat them again .

however, let's not overdo  1:1 would be ok 

10 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Couple of dilemmas.

Agree about Chillwell, which is why I wished he had come on as a sub to get some match fitness.

As good as Alonso has been so far this season, Liverpool attack looks dangerous again with Salah and TAA coming down our left flank.

Also agree we need a fast runner to play off Lukaku, like Werner or Pulisic. 

Need to take advantage of their high line.

Edited by Blue Armour

5 hours ago, milka said:

Van Dijk  is not in top form and he may not be able to  deal with  this Lukaku

Robertson is injured , they obviously have some problems in the middle, if  we deal with  Salah and Mane  we can beat them again .

however, let's not overdo  1:1 would be ok 

I believe Robertson was on the bench in their last game.

Very likely to start.

39 minutes ago, Strike said:

Does Thiago Silva have a fitness concern? Has quietly gone off the radar at the club - not much has been made about it either

I think it's just Tuchel managing as many of the late starters as he can up to the international break which he's already mentioned.

Chilwell is in the same boat and James only made his first start on Sunday. It's only Mount and Jorginho who have slotted back in quicker and even then neither started the Super Cup.

Silva will still play a good number of games this season but he will be managed at his age. Christensen is definitely in a position now to take over from Silva as first choice in that central position and I think over this season that will become apparent but it won't mean that Silva doesn't get his fair share of game time.

Does anyone else feel that it's the first time in a long time since Chelsea are being spoken about in a positive light within the realms of a bias media?

I think Tuchel has alot to do with that and the group of players we have too. 

1 hour ago, DDA said:

Does anyone else feel that it's the first time in a long time since Chelsea are being spoken about in a positive light within the realms of a bias media?

I think Tuchel has alot to do with that and the group of players we have too. 

Depends on the journo. Always look up their twitter account -if theyre reds, surprise, surprise theyre having a dig at us in their 'neutral' media outlet.

Quite surprised the accolades we've been getting from MOTD crew -with both Shearer and Wrighty predicting us to win the league. That was before the Gooner show !

Shearer really became a fan of Tuchel taking over with the same players from Lampard and changing the level of confidence they have with each other. In his appearance on ESPN FC he has been very flattering of Tuchel. I think he said at the end of last season we are a true number nine and a CB away from taking a serious run at the league.

Under Sarri and the early stages of Lampard's tenure we went toe to toe with this Liverpool side and didn't look a bit out of place, granted we didn't get the results we wanted but it was a blueprint on how to face this Liverpool side.

Now we have the extra quality (both on the pitch and in the dugout) to hopefully add results to the good performances we tend to put in against these lot.