Arsenal 0-2 Chelsea

Jase

1 hour ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

Werner is supposed to play with Lukaku. Both of them have played better with another striker.

I kind of want to see Lukaku and Werner play against the Arsenal.

That kind of pace and power against the Gooner defense could be hilarious to watch.

8 hours ago, Blue Armour said:

I kind of want to see Lukaku and Werner play against the Arsenal.

That kind of pace and power against the Gooner defense could be hilarious to watch.

Werner would be useless, because Arsenal would most definitely park the bus. He'd be more useful against the Scousers.

I still see Werner getting mentioned to be in the starting XI after we've gotten Lukaku, which doesn't make sense to me.

Roughly 70% of the PL games we play are against teams that are going to be parking the bus against us. Would it not be better to start Kai-Lukaku-Mason against the likes of Newcastle/Arsenal/Aston Villa/Brentford/Watford etc than starting Werner-Lukaku-Mason?

Werner would be more useful against the likes of Liverpool/Leeds/City/United in my opinion 

15 minutes ago, Azul said:

I still see Werner getting mentioned to be in the starting XI after we've gotten Lukaku, which doesn't make sense to me.

Roughly 70% of the PL games we play are against teams that are going to be parking the bus against us. Would it not be better to start Kai-Lukaku-Mason against the likes of Newcastle/Arsenal/Aston Villa/Brentford/Watford etc than starting Werner-Lukaku-Mason?

Werner would be more useful against the likes of Liverpool/Leeds/City/United in my opinion 

Agree. Werner is only useful in a counter-attacking plan where we spend a lot of time behind the ball.

46 minutes ago, Azul said:

That's my point as well....I would rather Mount Lukaku Havertz than trying to shoehorn Werner where Arsenal would play 100 men behind the ball...also his recent performance is nothing to write home about...

20 minutes ago, Alabama said:

That's my point as well....I would rather Mount Lukaku Havertz than trying to shoehorn Werner where Arsenal would play 100 men behind the ball...also his recent performance is nothing to write home about...

His recent performance was extremely average because we played against another lowblock team. People know I'm one of his biggest critics, but I have accepted what kind of a player he is for us. He's useful against a team that's willing to play a high-line against us. 

To add to that, he could also be good against lowblock teams in the second half as a supersub. If we are in the lead and the opposition is forced to attack to get back into the game, then Werner would be an ideal sub.

18 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Their cup final this weekend and Arteta becomes a hero again.

No, just no!!

Besides it will not be long before we get to watch all available managers tell Arsenal they are honored but that is a big fat NOPE!