Arsenal 0-2 Chelsea

Jase

52 minutes ago, Mana said:

bad Alonso will return and it can return as early as Arsenal, the team he's consistency poor against.

He scored most goals in his Chelsea career against Arsenal and Spurs (3).

Didn't even play against Arsenal last 2 PL seasons. 

We can basically kill Arse’s season in match week 2 and seal Arteta’s fate since they have City next up after us. And they’ll hand Arse their annual thrashing. It’s very likely that they’ll start with 0 points from 9 as long as we don’t choke against them again like last season.

Unfortunately, if they do sack him they’ll appoint someone who’s actually good like Conte, probably.

34 minutes ago, Pizy said:

We can basically kill Arse’s season in match week 2 and seal Arteta’s fate since they have City next up after us. And they’ll hand Arse their annual thrashing. It’s very likely that they’ll start with 0 points from 9 as long as we don’t choke against them again like last season.

Unfortunately, if they do sack him they’ll appoint someone who’s actually good like Conte, probably.

I doubt that Conte want Arsenal. They don't have the budget that Conte usually want 

1 hour ago, Mário César said:

I doubt that Conte want Arsenal. They don't have the budget that Conte usually want 

Completely agree. There will be teams loaded with talent courting Conte. Arsenal are an absolute mess.

10 minutes ago, Mana said:

And from 2018 the games that he did feature against Arsenal bar the 2 games (1W 1D), he was on the losing side (3L).

On that basis Thiago Silva is shit because his record against Arsenal in the same time frame is also 0%

3 hours ago, Mana said:

Alonso has also regained his old form in 1 or 2 games last season.

Rapid? No offense with that comment, but Alonso who has been slow since the beginning of time can't suddenly be rapid. We won the opening day and you're drinking the hype juice.

Don't fall for it. Awful players can have their day. Werner will probably score a hat trick this season, and he will score goals there and there. Does that make him in the top class bracket now?

Alonso has to do a lot more than what he did yesterday, and start showing consistency throughout the season. I seriously doubt he would though because he is a limited player. The bad Alonso will return and it can return as early as Arsenal, the team he's consistency poor against.

I dont know what to say to this, Did you even watch the game?

Alonso was one of the best players out there and fully deserves to start against arsenal!

The reason why I think we have tended to struggle in this fixture recently (when we really shouldn't) is because I think a lot of players in our squad really don't give a shit about Arsenal as a team., seeing how terrible they are. On the other hand, Arteta & Co. see this fixture as a cup final and a chance to big up their fans.

This is the best game for Lukaku to play in and showcase what he's got. Will give our players added motivation.

Edited by Blue Armour

Just now, Mana said:

Yes I did watch the game. I did not say Alonso had a bad game yesterday. It's the matter of consistency that's the issue.

Brilliant game yesterday from him. However will he carry on that same performance against Arsenal? As much we laugh about Arsenal's defense, they are decently fast. Definitely faster than Alonso. 

TT will probably notice this and bench him. There's a reason in recent v. Arsenal games he has been benched.

Well we will have to see but he looks back in form to me, Everyone in the shed i spoke to thought so too!

Alonso has found half a yard im telling you.

1 minute ago, Warning_Hazard said:

Well we will have to see but he looks back in form to me, Everyone in the shed i spoke to thought so too!

Alonso has found half a yard im telling you.

He was great in all games under Tuchel. Amazing in first title season with Conte. Voted toty in 2nd season when we finished 5th. Sarri called him among best LBs which is not his position. 

All the hate Alonso got over the years is based on like 3 individual incidents. 

3 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

He was great in all games under Tuchel. Amazing in first title season with Conte. Voted toty in 2nd season when we finished 5th. Sarri called him among best LBs which is not his position. 

All the hate Alonso got over the years is based on like 3 individual incidents. 

To be fair he was well off the boil for ages but perhaps with his name in the media over a possible transfer has kicked him back into gear to get a new contract/not end up as a bargaining chip etc

23 minutes ago, Mana said:

Are you that daft?

You're the one that using personal records to define selection.

Well it's clearly just a pathway to lead you wanking Arsenal off while banging on about shit we are but still....

Just now, Mana said:

It's the performances within those games as well. Silva isn't the reason why we lost those games he featured against Arsenal. Alonso on the other hand...

HAHAHA. You're clearly triggered.

It's just getting a bit tedious this "omg we're shit and our rivals are incredible" narrative you keep spilling.

It's even more strange that you use to swear by proven winners, surprise surprise you've moved the goalposts since Porto.