Chelsea 2-1 Leicester

Jase

8 hours ago, manpe said:

Why we reverted to pragmatism with two slow wing-backs when they should be the ones providing width and pace is beyond me

Chilwell and James is also pragmatic approach if you ask me. We pretty much won all the games that CHO started under Tuchel. He is constant threat as RWB. Definitely one extra offensive player.

Tuchel is thinking about defensive part of the game but come on... We have 3 CBs, basically two DMs... We have around 65% possession... CHO only has to track back a couple of times and that is it...

On 16/05/2021 at 16:27, Tomo said:

I always laugh when people say "we csnt attract quality players with out CL".

There's a huge list of top class players who joined teams in worse positions than ours without CL, i mean peak Ronaldinho did for it ffs :lol:

While I agree that losing out the on the CL does not mean we can't attract talent, it does reduce our options.

Remember, Hazard ended up joining us partly because we secured the CL for that season. Granted players like Drogba and Joe Cole influenced him, but every bit helps.

The other fact is it would mean missing out on the CL for the 3rd time in nearly 5 years. I know with 6 clubs competing financially, there's always the risk of missing out, but to do so against Leicester or West Ham is embarassing. Especially after this season.

Giving up top 4 if it meant we secured a trophy in the FA cup, would have been alright. But we didn't.

And no we're facing the same team that denied us that and also resulted in Lampard's departure. 

We HAVE to go all out.

Edited by Blue Armour

6 hours ago, chippy said:

. I well remember a game at West Brom when literally thousands of Chelsea fans gave the Nazi salute.

I know it was a while ago, but what was the reason behind it? Was it just fans who didnt know any better?

8 hours ago, chippy said:

As grim as the relegation was, once the next season got under way you just naturally get into it like any other season.

Home game were not so good because the attendances were very poor, as many thousands had stopped  going over number of years - team was shite.  stadium a dump. terrible fan reputation  with hooligans and a lot of real, hardcore racists. I well remember a game at West Brom when literally thousands of Chelsea fans gave the Nazi salute.

The racism aside though, the away games were amongst the best fun I've ever had watching football. Though our home attendance's were terrible, we had a very loyal and large following away and they gave the team great vocal support.

Much better atmospheres than what you get a lot of the time these days.

Away days have always been a better experience than the home games. 

This is pretty shocking - last time we beat them in the League? September 2017 (!!!!!) under Conte.

We just have to go for it tonight. Get ahead of them in the table and they face Spurs in the last game.

Please 🙏

5 hours ago, Blue Armour said:

I know it was a while ago, but what was the reason behind it? Was it just fans who didnt know any better?

I honestly donh know why Chelsea attracted such a relitively large number of the extreme right. Seemed to come out of the blue and happened quickly. It was said the NF/BNP used to recruit outside the stadium, though I have to say i never noticed any.

Lots of clubs had their share of hooligans and also some who would dish out racist abuse to the opposition black players, but some Chelsea fans went even further and abused our own Paul Canoville.

I also think that a lot of the hooligan racists at other clubs only really behaved like that at football matches. The abuse was to put players off their game and some just thought making monkey noises was funny,  As crude as that. I've read and heard accounts from ex hooligans who said as much. 

The Chelsea thugs were different though. They were more genuinely attracted to hardcore, extreme right politics.

2 hours ago, DDA said:

Away days have always been a better experience than the home games. 

But the difference was more pronounced back then with the Bridge being half empty. 

2 hours ago, Milan said:

This is pretty shocking - last time we beat them in the League? September 2017 (!!!!!) under Conte.

We just have to go for it tonight. Get ahead of them in the table and they face Spurs in the last game.

Please 🙏

It's beyond strange that the last time Leicester were at The Bridge was Mount's home debut.

So so much has happened since then both at the club and in general life.

I can't make up my mind which I want more. 

A stonking 5 - 0 or the pain for Liverpool fans with a last second winner coming from a frantic scramble, where the bounces off Kai's arse onto Mounts knee and then rises up to hit Werner on the back of the head and dribbles over the line into the back of the net. 

13 minutes ago, chippy said:

A stonking 5 - 0 or the pain for Liverpool fans with a last second winner coming from a frantic scramble, where the bounces off Kai's arse onto Mounts knee and then rises up to hit Werner on the back of the head and dribbles over the line into the back of the net. 

VAR would say offside, so yeah, a convincing and thumping victory please.

16 minutes ago, chippy said:

Are Liverpool even bothered? They win their two and they are in top 4

4 minutes ago, Strike said:

Not necessarily. If we beat Leicester and Villa, and Leicester beat Tottenham, it will be all about goal difference between them. Too nervy bloody hell.

On 17/05/2021 at 00:27, Tomo said:

i mean peak Ronaldinho did for it ffs :lol:

How many years ago was that 🤣. If example Haaland has choice of Man City or Chelsea and both agree wage who he choose is obvious.

19 minutes ago, Jap Si. said:

How many years ago was that 🤣. If example Haaland has choice of Man City or Chelsea and both agree wage who he choose is obvious.

Ok then

Ibra

Pogba

Kante

Kova

David Silva

Suarez

Pirlo

Vidal

Di Maria

Aubameyang

Yaya Toure 

Coutinho 

Off the top of my head examples of top class players in the most recent decade who went to clubs without UCL football.

The idea we'll fail where Arsenal out of CL for ages or Liverpool under yesterday's man Kenny succeeded is hilarious.

Edited by Tomo

28 minutes ago, Strike said:

A draw tonight would make Liverpool heavy favs to make top four.

Lots of permutations between the three teams though.

Everyone is saying we need to win tonight, and while it will obviously be out of our hands, a draw tonight and a win against Villa, would mean Leicester had to beat Spuds to finish above us. Leicester have had a fair number of poor home results and that's a very tricky game to finish on for them.

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

Ok then

Ibra

Pogba

Kante

Kova

David Silva

Suarez

Pirlo

Vidal

Di Maria

Aubameyang

Yaya Toure 

Coutinho 

Off the top of my head examples of top class players in the most recent decade who went to clubs without UCL football.

The idea we'll fail where Arsenal out of CL for ages or Liverpool under yesterday's man Kenny succeeded is hilarious.

U have to much time on your hands to make long list sir 😉