The Tuchel Thread

Jase

15 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

Comparing Tuchel few months of football at Chelsea to Conte two seasons doesn’t seem fair.  Very impressive start by Tuchel, but Conte first year was incredible too. We will see if Tuchel can sustain it.

Yes, CL title changes everything but if you look only PL, Conte in first season won 93 points. 49 in first part of the season and 44 in second part. TT 38 points which is 76 full season if he did the same.

Conte in 2nd season 70 but also won Fa Cup.

But again RDM also won CL. 

So this season will tell a lot. Less than 85 points with this squad is not acceptable for Tommy.

Edited by NikkiCFC

28 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Yes, CL title changes everything but if you look only PL, Conte in first season won 93 points. 49 in first part of the season and 44 in second part. TT 38 points which is 76 full season if he did the same.

Conte in 2nd season 70 but also won Fa Cup.

But again RDM also won CL. 

So this season will tell a lot. Less than 85 points with this squad is not acceptable for Tommy.

How you win a UCL should be factored too.

Robbie was a written in the stars job (old guard on last legs and his good karma from his career ending injury) while under Tuchel we went pretty much the entire knockout round without relying on any real rub of the green going our way, even Barca 2011 were a better Bendtner first touch from going home in the R016.

3 hours ago, Tomo said:

I would say tactically (in terms of in game battles with other managers) Tuchel is ahead of Conte.

Conte has a really good system that is perfect for league football but in head to heads against other elite or even just good managers where small details win or lose games he often gets found wanting, hence his record in cups. 

Aye perhaps but still I think we need to see what Tuchel does this season tactically because a managerial change always provide that bounce run of results 9 times out of 10 although his impact was clear, changing the system, getting a real balance and ultimately a much more effective way of playing.

I think as well when we compare this next season when its finished to the 6 months from last season also it will give us a good indication of how good he really is.

My only concern with him and it’s something he spoke about himself I think, is that he maybe sometimes gets the inclination to tinker too much. Like at Mainz and Dortmund he would regularly chop and change a lot, the systems and players. Or even players positioning. He has already had a few games here where he’s mixed things up personnel wise too but In Germany he was notorious for it. 

Edited by OneMoSalah

Personally, the jury is still out on Tuchel. I trust his approach in the big games, but over the course of a season and against low blocks, there are still massive question marks. 

I would’ve waited until next January to extend his current contract but I understand the clause that automatically extended it after winning the CL. As things stand, we should be contending for the league. 

3 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Personally, the jury is still out on Tuchel. I trust his approach in the big games, but over the course of a season and against low blocks, there are still massive question marks. 

I would’ve waited until next January to extend his current contract but I understand the clause that automatically extended it after winning the CL. As things stand, we should be contending for the league. 

TBF, his initial contract was only 18 months and I believe the club did the right thing to extend it, to give him that bit of security and ensure that there is no doubt over his position going into the new season. What I have a slight issue is that the contract extension is until 2024, instead of say 2023 but I suppose the club won't have any issues paying the compensation if they have to sack him.

6 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Similar to Conte, Tuchel needs to evolve in his second season if he is going to be successful. Conte couldn’t, after teams found a way to play against his system and it became very clear of it’s weakness by the end of first season. Similarly I think Tuchel faces similar challenge.

27 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

Similar to Conte, Tuchel needs to evolve in his second season if he is going to be successful. Conte couldn’t, after teams found a way to play against his system and it became very clear of it’s weakness by the end of first season. Similarly I think Tuchel faces similar challenge.

Conte also stopped trying towards the latter. 

On 26/07/2021 at 00:56, Clockwork said:

Conte didn't get "found out" until he started sulking and half arsing the job.

We were second going into the second half of the season, all be it miles behind City.

• 2 weeks later...

The whole team atmosphere just feels so harmonious with TT in charge. Real team spirit, everyone being happy for the next guy and supporting, just after Kai missed, the rest of the team welcomed him back into the group, so no one missed after him. Maybe the feeling of security that the group will accept him nonetheless played a part. TT always gives the impression that he respects and appreciates everymember of the squad no matter his role and this vindicates everyone's role in the group. He has really come a long way from being the technocratic tacitcal genius as which he was known in Germany to be an overall world class team and people manager.

3 minutes ago, Mana said:

After the Super Cup, I am worried. Most of these players still aren't good enough to improve our results/performances for next season.

They are more or less the same except maybe Ziyech (and now he's injured for good knows how long). 

Adding Lukaku may not change the outcome of the results because the most of the midfield are poor and most games are won by the midfield. 

Lukaku would have to do a lot of create a lot of something out of nothing chances if he's ever going to score 20+ PL goals.

And Werner...my good grief. This guy has completely lost it. What a flop of a player.

I'm sure we will have good cup runs, but when it comes to the league this is where the inconsistency shows time and time again.

Prepare for another frustrating season in the league.

I think that we will struggle to get top4

Maybe we continue to reach +- 75 points sadly