The Tuchel Thread

Jase

3 hours ago, Atomiswave said:

Get in, he is integral to this team and players. When was the last time you saw such bond and brotherhood between all the players? Proper.

TT's new deal, and the feel good factor gives CFC a big opportunity to get the club back on track. The club has made it clear that it plans to recruit but it's more important than ever that we get it right. However many moves we make this summer they must all hit the target. Wasting the budget would be bad enough but we've done that before. Get this right and we can re-establish ourselves at the top table of European football. What is more do it with more good will flowing towards CFC than at any time in the last fifty years.

In addition to getting the recruitment right, I hope TT will have the chance to work with Mando before any new loan is considered. In an ideal world he would also get a look at Lewis Bate and Tino Livramento before they go on loan though, if their loan clubs want the lads to spend preseason with them however that would be understandable.

There also needs to be an important meeting involving Neil Bath, Joe Edwards and others concerning Tino Anjorin. Next season will be the last chance to set Tino back on an upward trajectory. At the moment he is following the RLC path; bags of talent, but too little impact. To be fair to Tino A he is producing more than Ruben did at this stage of his career but it isn't enough. I'm a little less worried about Tino than I was about RLC but I find myself facing the same concern. Namely that Tino will not make it here unless he finds a way to produce a more consistent impact on football matches. It tends to be the ridiculously brilliant or nothing with him. With far too much of the nothing.

Edited by OhForAGreavsie

46 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

TT's new deal, and the feel good factor gives CFC a big opportunity to get the club back on track. The club has made it clear that it plans to recruit but it's more important than ever that we get it right. However many moves we make this summer they must all hit the target. Wasting the budget would be bad enough but we've done that before. Get this right and we can re-establish ourselves at the top table of European football. What is more do it with more good will flowing towards CFC than at any time in the last fifty years.

In addition to getting the recruitment right, I hope TT will have the chance to work with Mando before any new loan is considered. In an ideal world he would also get a look at Lewis Bate and Tino Livramento before they go on loan though, if their loan clubs want the lads to spend preseason with them however that would be understandable.

There also needs to be an important meeting involving Neil Bath, Joe Edwards and others concerning Tino Anjorin. Next season will be the last chance to set Tino back on an upward trajectory. At the moment he is following the RLC path; bags of talent, but too little impact. To be fair to Tino A he is producing more than Ruben did at this stage of his career but it isn't enough. I'm a little less worried about Tino than I was about RLC but I find myself facing the same concern. Namely that Tino will not make it here unless he finds a way to produce a more consistent impact on football matches. It tends to be the ridiculously brilliant or nothing with him. With far too much of the nothing.

Lets hope for the best brother....yeah most def need to do this proper, no more shit show like 17-18 with Conte. Buy quality not quantity.

3 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Think we were a little premature here. 

Obviously I love and rate the man, but on a financial aspect I would've told Tuchel he has the summer with our backing in terms of transfers. We see progression next season, he will be given an extension that January 2022. 

Progress? you havent seen enough already? Clear progress has been at display since day 1, nahh he more than deserves this deal. He would have been snatched up for sure if he wasnt here.

Edited by Atomiswave

1 minute ago, Atomiswave said:

Progress? you havent seen enough already? Clear progress has been at display since day 1, nahh he more than deserves this deal. He would have been snatched up for sure if he wasnt here.

We saw progress with DiMatteo. We saw progress with Conte. We even saw progress with Lampard. 

Second season syndrome seems to be common theme with us. 26 million we had to pay out to Conte and his staff, to which Tuchel has a similar habit of going against the club. I also have a worry that our football will grow stale considering the pragmatic approach we see at times. 

I don't know, I would've much rather preferred a contract that shows an automatic extension should we see positive signs come January 2022. 

1 minute ago, MoroccanBlue said:

We saw progress with DiMatteo. We saw progress with Conte. We even saw progress with Lampard. 

Second season syndrome seems to be common theme with us. 26 million we had to pay out to Conte and his staff, to which Tuchel has a similar habit of going against the club. I also have a worry that our football will grow stale considering the pragmatic approach we see at times. 

I don't know, I would've much rather preferred a contract that shows an automatic extension should we see positive signs come January 2022. 

I see your point I really do but context is needed mate, he is world class and has under no time totally transformed us. We will be better next season but he needs backing, he deserves it. Dimatteo I didnt see progress in tactics etc, just a bunch of legends ready to win the CL, TT is far far superior to RD and Lampard.

Just now, Atomiswave said:

I see your point I really do but context is needed mate, he is world class and has under no time totally transformed us. We will be better next season but he needs backing, he deserves it. Dimatteo I didnt see progress in tactics etc, just a bunch of legends ready to win the CL, TT is far far superior to RD and Lampard.

The only thing that has me slightly less worried is that we look to take the initiative under Tuchel compared to Conte. That and how good he is tactically. I know some German fans actually rate Tuchel higher than Klopp purely because of that. 

26 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

The only thing that has me slightly less worried is that we look to take the initiative under Tuchel compared to Conte. That and how good he is tactically. I know some German fans actually rate Tuchel higher than Klopp purely because of that. 

Exactly my point 🤙

TT is a world class tactician but a long term contract has been the kiss of death for many great tacticians before like with Conte. I think TT can only work for a couple of years because he demands so much of the players they will grow tired of him at some point.We would need a very active transfer policy to make his approach work here for longer IMO.

13 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

TT is a world class tactician but a long term contract has been the kiss of death for many great tacticians before like with Conte. I think TT can only work for a couple of years because he demands so much of the players they will grow tired of him at some point.We would need a very active transfer policy to make his approach work here for longer IMO.

Totally inappropriate bruv, those that are not prepared to buy into the scheme of things.. it's the long goodbye.

Further more it don't seem to affect Pep and Shitty, and who's more demanding than him?

Edited by bigbluewillie

7 hours ago, bigbluewillie said:

Totally inappropriate bruv, those that are not prepared to buy into the scheme of things.. it's the long goodbye.

Further more it don't seem to affect Pep and Shitty, and who's more demanding than him?

I am not exactly sure what you mean. I would be perfectly happy for TT to lead a new dynasty at CFC for decades. I just don't see it happening anymore in modern football. If we can get 3 successful years with him I would be over the moon. Pep and Shitty is exaclty what I mean. City's is what i would consider an active transfer policy, they consistently buy new players with starting XI potential to keep the squad big and still incentives to handle the intensity.

25 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

I am not exactly sure what you mean. I would be perfectly happy for TT to lead a new dynasty at CFC for decades. I just don't see it happening anymore in modern football. If we can get 3 successful years with him I would be over the moon. Pep and Shitty is exaclty what I mean. City's is what i would consider an active transfer policy, they consistently buy new players with starting XI potential to keep the squad big and still incentives to handle the intensity.

What i'm trying to say mate, is that regarding commitment etc, and pushing the players to their limits, Pep gets away with it why not TT.

Difficult to say, not sure who we are really want to and what the plan is, I personally think last year signings  will be better  next season.  Like Tuchel said, we don’t wanna disrupt the flow of the group but we need to stay competitive so 2/3 very good signings.

ST -  Haaland , Kane and Lukaku looking  unreal to me 

CM  - Rice , Weigl , Locatelli 

GK - Backup if Kepa leave 

RW/LW  - If Ziyech leave

CB - if Zouma leave

LB/LW -  if both Alonso and Emerson leave 

Edited by milka

TT is the key to our Champions League success which is in a stark contrast with the 11/12 one. Back then it was definitely down to the players. Stating the obvious, I know, but I really love the way we earned the trophy this time, completely outplaying every opposition. Tactical brilliance from TT in all the big games.

Edited by different level

• 2 weeks later...

Tuchel ‘won’t take it easy on Chelsea squad’ in pre-season as he aims to take Manchester City’s title

https://theathletic.com/2670746/2021/06/24/tuchel-wont-take-it-easy-on-Chelsea-squad-in-pre-season-as-he-aims-to-take-manchester-citys-title/

Tuchel-wants-to-close-the-gap-to-Guardiolas-City-in-the-Premier-League-e1624539550922-1024x684.jpg

“I am pleased that my first pre-season with Chelsea contains such high-level fixtures against such top-quality opponents.”

This was Thomas Tuchel’s reaction after the European champions confirmed they had set up two friendlies in early August against London rivals Arsenal and Tottenham.

The rest of their pre-season schedule is still being worked on but, no matter who Chelsea face in their other warm-up games before kicking off their 2021-22 Premier League season at home to Crystal Palace on August 14, the players had better be prepared for a testing and draining period under Tuchel’s watch.

This, of course, isn’t unusual. Managers at all levels see that month where they get to work with squad members before a season begins as crucial to their plans and chances of success over the nine or 10 months that follow.

It is not just used as a means to getting people match-fit, but an opportunity to improve patterns of play and perhaps test out new systems or formations. In Tuchel’s case, he is considering whether to switch from three at the back to a four-man defence. He didn’t get the chance to try out many different things after taking over in January — the intense fixture list of a pandemic-condensed season being a major reason why.

There is always a fine balance to strike at this stage of the football calendar between how hard you push the players in training sessions and how much energy you want them to exert in the friendlies. Anyone who has attended one of the latter will have noticed they are often played at a lower tempo and can be quite a dull watch.

But it is understood Tuchel is putting even greater onus on the warm-up matches this summer due to the very difficult set of games Chelsea are facing from the get-go once results start to matter again.

For starters, they play Europa League winners Villarreal for the UEFA Super Cup in Belfast on August 11, three days before their Premier League challenge gets under way against Palace. The following five contests in the top division would make any coach break sweat: there are trips to Arsenal, Liverpool and Spurs, while ambitious Aston Villa and champions Manchester City are coming to Stamford Bridge.

September will also see their first two Champions League group matches and, based on the schedules of previous “normal” seasons, a Carabao Cup tie.

Chelsea’s head coach will be expecting and demanding a lot from his men when they report back.

As one source told The Athletic: “Tuchel isn’t going to take it easy on the squad during the pre-season. He wants to make sure they are flying for the start of the season, so that they are ready from the outset. It is a really tough start. Chelsea can’t afford to be slow out of the blocks.”

That is why Tuchel sounds so enthusiastic about facing Arsenal and Tottenham just before it all begins, rather than weaker, less fashionable opposition. He wants the tougher tests.

As he added: “Derby matches against Arsenal and Tottenham cannot fail to have a competitive edge, which is what the team needs as we prepare for the season.”

Now, some may question whether Chelsea players deserve a gentler reintroduction to club football.

It has been an intense 12 months, given the end of 2019-20 had to be squeezed in between June and August. There was then only a brief break before 2020-21 began, not helped by internationals being staged in early September.

This summer, Chelsea have the joint-most players involved in the European Championship (17), while veteran centre-half Thiago Silva has played the full 90 minutes in two of Brazil’s three matches so far in the Copa America.

The season that awaits them is going to be even more gruelling.

Winning the Champions League means fixtures have been added to the busy schedule due to competing for the Super Cup and Club World Cup, with the latter meaning a trip to Japan in December.

Preparations aren’t going to be easy.

Chelsea resume training in the second week of July, but the majority of the first team won’t be involved due to being called up for either the Euros and Copa America. That group of 18 will all be entitled to take a holiday, usually three weeks, from the moment their participation with the national team ends. This inevitably means people coming back in dribs and drabs next month and the initial sessions being made up primarily of fringe players, youngsters and returning loanees.

That is going to be hard for Tuchel to manage, especially dealing with so many individuals who know, deep down, that they aren’t going to be part of his plans, are just filling in while the senior members are away and will be looking for moves to somewhere they can play next season.

But in saying that, there is an opportunity to impress too. Tuchel is going to need a large squad next season to cope with the heavy workload. For example, it is believed some of the club’s returning loanees will be looked at with a view to giving them backup roles.

Understandably, due to COVID-19 and travel restrictions, Chelsea aren’t going on the familiar, lucrative, long-haul tour, so that at least will cut down on energy-sapping journeys. All their pre-season games will be played within the British Isles and if they do decide to have a camp away from their base at Cobham, it will be for a maximum of 10 days.

Wherever the location, it will be no holiday camp. Tuchel has said on many occasions his aim is to bridge last season’s 19-point gap to champions City and challenge for the title. Beating Pep Guardiola’s side in the Champions League final last month was a great achievement, but the German isn’t going to settle for that.

Watching Chelsea in pre-season this year should provide some clues if Tuchel is on the right path. It is going to be a fascinating watch.

Have we ever repeated success next season after big trophy? Since b2b titles with Mourinho nothing for 15 years. Obviously PL is big priority next season and I hope TT could do it but if City get Grealish is pretty much game over before season started. Utd and Liverpool will also be stronger. 

Let's see what happens in transfer window but if TT delivers Super Cup, Clubs World Cup and 2nd place with close to 90 points that should buy him another season. 

1 hour ago, NikkiCFC said:

Have we ever repeated success next season after big trophy? Since b2b titles with Mourinho nothing for 15 years. Obviously PL is big priority next season and I hope TT could do it but if City get Grealish is pretty much game over before season started. Utd and Liverpool will also be stronger. 

Let's see what happens in transfer window but if TT delivers Super Cup, Clubs World Cup and 2nd place with close to 90 points that should buy him another season. 

I think the board will want to see progress in the league next season.

Winning some trophies will be a huge bonus and will help keep that winning feeling and momentum within the squad. But I think the board will want to see Tuchel put up a sustained title challenge. 

That doesn't necessarily mean going all the way and winning it, but the last 4 years we've been out the hunt by Xmas and fighting a top 4 battle. To be honest if others kicked on and we finished 4th but were within a few points of top spot I would say that's progression despite not improving our league position. We need to be going into the back end of the season in March, April still within a few points of top spot with every chance.