The Tuchel Thread

Jase

I think Mancini should get it.

Whilst Tuchel did a great great job, Mancini has overseen Italy winning the Euros when no one expected them to at all after previous shambles of not qualifying for the world cup, as well as masterminding something like a nearly 40 unbeaten run over the last few years, including that run being part of winning a major tournament. 

I get its manager of the year, so the 40 games run isnt exactly relevant but I do think Mancini’s achievements with Italy will still be hugely underrated and probably difficult to replicate. 

29 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

I think Mancini should get it.

Whilst Tuchel did a great great job, Mancini has overseen Italy winning the Euros when no one expected them to at all after previous shambles of not qualifying for the world cup, as well as masterminding something like a nearly 40 unbeaten run over the last few years, including that run being part of winning a major tournament. 

I get its manager of the year, so the 40 games run isnt exactly relevant but I do think Mancini’s achievements with Italy will still be hugely underrated and probably difficult to replicate. 

Yes he did indeed do a great job but TT did a better one imo

36 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

Yes he did indeed do a great job but TT did a better one imo

Either way it has to be Tuchel or Mancini. I think winning an international tournament is bigger though, just because they are less frequent so may swing it Mancini’s way.

24 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Either way it has to be Tuchel or Mancini. I think winning an international tournament is bigger though, just because they are less frequent so may swing it Mancini’s way.

Yeah you never know, either is fine by me though of course I rather TT. We were a horror show before TT, lots of pressure and lots of figuring out cuz he had no time to adjust.....and he got us 2 trophies in a dominant way. Nah I give to TT on this one.

I think Tuchel taking a squad that was falling down the table. A squad their manager had given up on them and said publicly the squad could not compete against top teams… then Tuchel changes everything. Believes in them, gets them believing in each other, and wins the most difficult trophy in Europe. Raises them from 9th to 4th with the second most wins in the PL since Tuchel took over.

How many people seen us winning the CL this year when Lampard was throwing his players under the bus? Far fewer than those thinking Italy could win the Euros.

I think Tuchel’s resume this year is more compelling. 

Edited by ZAPHOD2319

Big balls to drop Werner (although the writing was on the wall) v Arsenal as I expected many felt he would play off Lukaku but again, like most things Tuchel has done here it was the right call.

It showed that we can be a pretty good attacking team without Werner using Lukaku, Mount, Havertz and the wingbacks, despite the fact many people believed he wouldn’t leave Werner out at all because he is a “key part of the team” or offers pace and movement.

Honestly, whilst its only one game, I really get the impression Tuchel will use Werner like he does rotating between Kante, Kovacic and Jorginho depending on the opposition. Or if he ups his game something huge. The games v City and Liverpool for instance, or bigger European games where we might be a bit more pragmatic or play more on transitions, I would expect Werner to be used then. Against majority of the teams in the leagues I would expect 2 from Mount, Pulisic, Ziyech and Havertz playing off of Rom. 

We have a lot of flexibility though in attack now with Lukaku. We can play into his feet, he’s able to roll people, he will run the channels and ultimately in the box his movement is sharp.

I know its 2 games in but I think now we will be definitely competing for the title, that has to be the goal. All of TT’s interviews talking about wanting more and not looking back on the CL is very promising and the sign of a winner also.

Edited by OneMoSalah

17 minutes ago, Mana said:

It's only 2 games in. It's too early to say we are in for a title challenge.

I have yet to see what happens when Chelsea are a goal down. Do we falter or have the mentality to still win the game. There were many games last season that the former happened. How do we perform against good low-block teams. These questions still need to be answered before we can say we are in for a title challenge.

We should have an idea early October. 

I think against an anticipated bus parking team Werner is not going to be as effective as a team that will play a high line. I doubt Werner will be out of the picture for long, but I think Tuchel is going to play his players in the games they have the best chance for success. I think he is going to rotate players as much as he can also. I wouldn't read too far into any selections yet.

On 22/08/2021 at 21:55, milka said:

if Tuchel adds the Premier League title this season + CL after less than 2 years at the helm, he can be declared a god

Liverpool v Chelsea next week is already an absolutely massive game in the title race.

First part yes!

2nd part, it's not "an absolutey massive game in the title race" a big game yes and I can see us winning it, but any indication about who's going to win the league nah.

What I like about him is even at full time, despite the circumstances and his praise of the team to the media, you can see he still wants more.

And tactically, would say that again, another big game, another good showing. The second half, you can see the intensity and desire he’s instilled in the players to defend and be solid. I mean someone said tactically and as a coach in general he is better than Conte a while ago and I felt it was too early but I think he so far 3 games in this season (4 including the Super Cup) after a pre season which wasn’t necessarily easy due to the Euros, there are clear indications this team can go and win the league.

Maybe getting excited but I just get the feeling that we can and will be right up there. Yesterday proved that. Sarri or Frank’s teams would of crumbled and conceded a second goal. Even Conte’s second season we probably lose that. 

37 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

What I like about him is even at full time, despite the circumstances and his praise of the team to the media, you can see he still wants more.

And tactically, would say that again, another big game, another good showing. The second half, you can see the intensity and desire he’s instilled in the players to defend and be solid. I mean someone said tactically and as a coach in general he is better than Conte a while ago and I felt it was too early but I think he so far 3 games in this season (4 including the Super Cup) after a pre season which wasn’t necessarily easy due to the Euros, there are clear indications this team can go and win the league.

Maybe getting excited but I just get the feeling that we can and will be right up there. Yesterday proved that. Sarri or Frank’s teams would of crumbled and conceded a second goal. Even Conte’s second season we probably lose that. 

Completely agree, yesterday just emphasised how solid and organised we are defensively both individually and as a unit. We are being coached phenomenally right now.

We didn't even concede a "big chance" in that second half yesterday. Survived the initial onslaught with the home crowd baying and after the first 15 - 20 minutes of that second half Liverpool looked to have run out of ideas and on another day we might have nicked a smash and grab goal ourselves. 

There seems to be a real tough mentality about the group that Tuchel has instilled. It might not be the most exciting aspect, but our defensive strength is critical on building towards a title push. If the attacking boys, and in particular Lukaku, can get the goals this season we'll be right up there. It's starting to feel a little like the early Jose days where if we get a goal early it'll break teams spirit because they'll know how hard it is to get back into the game from there.

45 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Man who scores against us you have his name are you Chelsea fan this is weirdness. He only play few times for Chelsea and that was years ago.

38 minutes ago, Jap Si. said:

Man who scores against us you have his name are you Chelsea fan this is weirdness. He only play few times for Chelsea and that was years ago.

Been a forum member for years mate. The thing is, ironically enough, I made my name this when Salah rejected Rodgers and Liverpool to come here under Jose from Basel.

Was accused of being a Salah lover over Hazard 2 or 3 seasons on here over this though but cant be bothered changing it 🤣

Edited by OneMoSalah

10 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Been a forum member for years mate. The thing is, ironically enough, I made my name this when Salah rejected Rodgers and Liverpool to come here under Jose from Basel.

Was accused of being a Salah lover over Hazard 2 or 3 seasons on here over this though but cant be bothered changing it 🤣

I wouldn't take name advice from some one named after a piss hole pal.