The Tuchel Thread

Jase

13 minutes ago, Mana said:

After the Super Cup, I am worried. Most of these players still aren't good enough to improve our results/performances for next season.

They are more or less the same except maybe Ziyech (and now he's injured for good knows how long). 

Adding Lukaku may not change the outcome of the results because the most of the midfield are poor and most games are won by the midfield. 

Lukaku would have to do a lot of create a lot of something out of nothing chances if he's ever going to score 20+ PL goals. Even if Lukaku sets up other players to score, we would have to rely on these players' shooting boots and their boots are all over the place. Not ONE player is consistent in this area.

And Werner...my good grief. This guy has completely lost it. What a flop of a player.

I'm sure we will have good cup runs, but when it comes to the league this is where the inconsistency shows time and time again.

Prepare for another frustrating season in the league.

9 minutes ago, Mário César said:

I think that we will struggle to get top4

Maybe we continue to reach +- 75 points sadly

Come on, i am usually a bit pessimistic myself, but super cup is hardly a benchmark of how the season is gonna unfold.

Clearly our Euros returnees are not yet up to speed so we played with a makeshift team through pre-season and today.

Our jewel will be defense again and we only had one out of 5 defenders from our usual lineup. With the big guys coming back we will look much more solid. Midfield is a bit of a worry, without kante our midfield looks quite average but enough for top 4.

Offense will decide where we finish but even if Lukaku does not add those elusive 20+ goals i am confident we will score enough to secure top 4. i think we do create enough chances to win more comfortably. Last season we lost most points vs shitty oppositions who park the bus under Tuchel. Even if we only get the everton/Manure Lukaku and not the magically transformed Inter one, it sould be a peace of cake for him to score his usual clusters vs bottom half teams. If our strikers are not again all totally misfiring, i am not worried here at all. we should be good enough for FCWC as well so that is our main priorities right there.

21 minutes ago, Mário César said:

Im think that our midfield is not good enough 

We probably need a defender, a CM and maybe another RWB. I hope we close the Kounde and Tchoumani deals this week or early next week. Leaving signings this late is never good, we should have brought them in early for preseason

1 minute ago, Vybz Kartel said:

We probably need a defender, a CM and maybe another RWB. I hope we close the Kounde and Tchoumani deals this week or early next week. Leaving signings this late is never good, we should have brought them in early for preseason

And I think that we lack of criavity in the middle.

4 minutes ago, Mário César said:

And I think that we lack of criavity in the middle.

3 minutes ago, Vybz Kartel said:

Yes we do, but I think Ziyech can solve that. Hopefully he is out for less than a month. We will need his creativity in tight games like today. 

Kai had last season 7 open play assists and he played like 2500 minutes.

I have big hopes from him in this department but also in goals.

Did not had good game last night but still managed great assist. This season he must go over 10 maybe 15 assists.

7 minutes ago, Mário César said:

Im think that our midfield is not good enough 

Nicolò Barella is the closest thing out there to Kante on the planet atm IMHO. a free floating wrecking ball with relentless drive (will have to be next season)

Aurélien Tchouaméni is a freak on nature talent, a crunching DMF with great technical skills

those two in a double pivot is league winning level

other options

Frenkie de Jong (if Barca collapse and he wants out)
Marcos Llorente  
Declan Rice    
Sergej Milinković-Savić    
Leon Goretzka  (if he refuses to renew with Bayern)

Fede Valverde  
Eduardo Camavinga   
Jude Bellingham    
Franck Kessié

Youri Tielemans
Florian Wirtz  
Rúben Neves
Houssem Aouar   
Carlos Soler   

Kalvin Phillips   
Lorenzo Pellegrini
Tomas Soucek    
Saúl Ñíguez 
Ismaël Bennacer  
Boubacar Kamara  
Manuel Locatelli   
Ryan Gravenberch  
Bruno Guimarães   

Leander Dendoncker
Sandro Tonali 
Ilaix Moriba 
Weston McKennie 

Gerson 
Julian Weigl  
Corentin Tolisso 
Eljif Elmas 
Patrick de Paula    
Lucas Gourna-Douath 

9 hours ago, Mana said:

After the Super Cup, I am worried. Most of these players still aren't good enough to improve our results/performances for next season.

They are more or less the same except maybe Ziyech (and now he's injured for good knows how long). 

Adding Lukaku may not change the outcome of the results because the most of the midfield are poor and most games are won by the midfield. 

Lukaku would have to do a lot of create a lot of something out of nothing chances if he's ever going to score 20+ PL goals. Even if Lukaku sets up other players to score, we would have to rely on these players' shooting boots and their boots are all over the place. Not ONE player is consistent in this area.

And Werner...my good grief. This guy has completely lost it. What a flop of a player.

I'm sure we will have good cup runs, but when it comes to the league this is where the inconsistency shows time and time again.

Prepare for another frustrating season in the league.

I tell you what, it you're so convinced this season is going to be shit, would you be willing to put your money where your mouth is?

If we finish outside the top four I'll donate £200 to the forum, if we finish inside it you do.

If for any reason you don't bet money wise, loser forefits posting rights for the following season.

Deal?

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

I tell you what, it you're so convinced this season is going to be shit, would you be willing to put your money where your mouth is?

If we finish outside the top four I'll donate £200 to the forum, if we finish inside it you do.

If for any reason you don't bet money wise, loser forefits posting rights for the following season.

Deal?

Came out of hibernation just to laugh at that. 

16 minutes ago, Mana said:

Finishing the season shit doesn't automatically mean no top 4. Finishing the season shit can also mean fighting with Leicester, Villa, Spuds, Arsenal etc. and just about squeezing in 4th just like the past two seasons.

You literally poured cold water of any top four chances in the prediction thread, don't move the goal posts.

If you're going to slate our proven winner players and underestimate our proven world class manager while wanking off our rivals (which include a team who have bottled their last 18 shots at a trophy) every time we don't play great and/or drop points, atleast have the bollax to put it record.

Edited by Tomo

15 minutes ago, Mana said:

Now you're changing goalposts. You couldn't make this shit up. 😂

We won yesterday I celebrated our win in the match day thread, but now I'm not allowed to post my concerns from what I saw yesterday.

Are you going to sit here with full confidence, look at that team's performance yesterday and say, "Yep, with Werner, Jorginho and them lot, adding Lukaku we will be going fighting City for the title." If you are, give me some of that poof you're smoking.

And this is even TT's thread, I'm not having a go at TT I think he's done an amazing job overall so far.

I said "all or almost all of your posts".

As mentioned by @Tomo, if there's anything moving the goalposts here, it's you. One competitive game into the season and you're already predicting the end of the world for us with the Top 4 etc. Yes, the performance overall wasn't great yesterday and maybe we were lucky to win it but it's still just the first game of the season. The players' fitness level isn't at the same level because they all returned at different times, some barely even played much so far etc. Villarreal have had almost their full team since pre-season started and it's hardly a surprise they looked much better than us for long periods in the game. How a team start the season is not always an indicator of how the season will play out for the team and players and we should know this better than anyone else given the amount of times we've have started a season well in the past, only to fall away after the first few months. So how about we see how things play out over the next 2-3 months before claiming the worst for the season? 

6 minutes ago, Mana said:

I said clearly AS IT STANDS. Adding Lukaku changes the outcome. But does that make us title challengers? Liverpool and to an extent United have the squads to challenge City, do we?

I'm not underestimating TT, but he has too much of a job here for us to be consistent enough with these players. We need better players in the midfield. And we still have a LB issue, we have gone back to using Alonso, while I appreciate TT trying to squeeze everything he could with this guy Alonso is not good enough.

While they have proven to do very good cup runs (which I said BEFORE), they have NOT proven to be consistent enough in the 38 game fucking league. Open your fucking eyes to that then we can have a discussion.

Seriously, since you're so confident that we will have no hope this season, why don't you just agree to @Tomo's wager? Stick your neck on the line. 

11 minutes ago, Mana said:

I said clearly AS IT STANDS. Adding Lukaku changes the outcome. But does that make us title challengers? Liverpool and to an extent United have the squads to challenge City, do we?

I'm not underestimating TT, but he has too much of a job here for us to be consistent enough with these players. We need better players in the midfield. And we still have a LB issue, we have gone back to using Alonso, while I appreciate TT trying to squeeze everything he could with this guy Alonso is not good enough.

While they have proven to do very good cup runs (which I said BEFORE), they have NOT proven to be consistent enough in the 38 game fucking league. Open your fucking eyes to that then we can have a discussion.

So you don't think we will challenge because we ain't proven over 38 games?

Ok lets say i accept that, why on the same basis do you think United have a chance of seriously challenging despite their current squad and manager's track record of producing 0 out of 10s when the medals are on the line?