The Tuchel Thread

Jase

6 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Have we ever repeated success next season after big trophy? Since b2b titles with Mourinho nothing for 15 years. Obviously PL is big priority next season and I hope TT could do it but if City get Grealish is pretty much game over before season started. Utd and Liverpool will also be stronger. 

Let's see what happens in transfer window but if TT delivers Super Cup, Clubs World Cup and 2nd place with close to 90 points that should buy him another season. 

Wait wait wait wait….

“should buy him another season” 

Should?

What you’ve said there, if he did that, 2 trophies and close to 90 points (which is potentially championship winning points so for second place if we get that Jesus Christ), it would be an absolute guarantee that he gets the next season. And thats without mentioning domestic cups which again I think we are usually always strongish in and make the last 8 teams most seasons at least.

I have no doubts that if Tuchel gets top 4, at least 10-15 more points than our 66 last season and wins at least one of the 5 trophies we are in this season (2 of them very doable), he will be safe either way. Because that would be a good bit of progress.

Obviously I think with the right players he will want to go for the title as he seems that sort of guy but I don’t think people should go ok we won the CL now we will need to win everything. Winning the CL is as big an achievement as there is at club level, its going to be hard to top that even if we have another successful season. 

I've seen something like 25 managers at the bridge and I'd say tactically he's in the top 5.with potential to be at the top in the coming years.2012 was a bit of a fluke,deserved for those players who had been robbed when they would have been worthy champions of europe who eventually won the cup when they were arguably not even in Europe's top 10. This one though,at least just going from our European campaign,we were fookin' majestic and absolute worthy of being crowned champions. 

I see some of those who remained in the fringes,sometimes underperforming last season being more of a factor this coming season. Only really need 2-3 good signings away from serious contenders in everything.

34 minutes ago, Duppy Conqueror said:

I've seen something like 25 managers at the bridge and I'd say tactically he's in the top 5.with potential to be at the top in the coming years.2012 was a bit of a fluke,deserved for those players who had been robbed when they would have been worthy champions of europe who eventually won the cup when they were arguably not even in Europe's top 10. This one though,at least just going from our European campaign,we were fookin' majestic and absolute worthy of being crowned champions. 

I see some of those who remained in the fringes,sometimes underperforming last season being more of a factor this coming season. Only really need 2-3 good signings away from serious contenders in everything.

Tactically I would say only Mou and maybe Hiddink (both first time) are ahead of him.

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

Tactically I would say only Mou and maybe Hiddink (both first time) are ahead of him.

I for one wouldnt say they are ahead based on what we have seen eventhough both Guss and JM had better teams.

8 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Only Conte can match Tuchel as a coach. If Tuchel wins the PL, he would even surpass him

Conte's record in Europe counts against him. The fact Lampard has got through the group stage as many times as him is damming. 

If he can fix that then he's certainly in the conversation with the top tier (of recent times).

5 hours ago, Atomiswave said:

I for one wouldnt say they are ahead based on what we have seen eventhough both Guss and JM had better teams.

I don’t think we can really compare what Tuchel’s done tactically in 6 months against what Mourinho did tactically in his first 2 seasons though and say Tuchel is ahead of him. Or even Contes team. I think maybe only Conte and his title winning team really rivals Mourinho 1.0 really in terms of tactics right now for me. People don’t remember how good Mourinho was at pinpointing a weakness and implementing a game plan around that or finding a way to expose that tactically.

And not to discredit Tuchel but a lot of what he’s had to work with and done tactically are roughly based around something we have done before in terms of the shape from under Conte with his own touch on it obviously, more emphasis on counter pressing and maybe a lot more flexibility in terms of the front 3s movements but there are a lot of similarities in how we defend.

When he adds his own players, we will see an evolution I am sure, then if he is as successful as I and we all hope he will be, we can start saying that. If we hadn’t played 343 before with Conte I don’t think the transition/pick up of results would of been as smooth/sudden.

9 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

And not to discredit Tuchel but a lot of what he’s had to work with and done tactically are roughly based around something we have done before in terms of the shape from under Conte with his own touch on it obviously, more emphasis on counter pressing and maybe a lot more flexibility in terms of the front 3s movements but there are a lot of similarities in how we defend.

When he adds his own players, we will see an evolution I am sure, then if he is as successful as I and we all hope he will be, we can start saying that. If we hadn’t played 343 before with Conte I don’t think the transition/pick up of results would of been as smooth/sudden.

If Conte hadn't played the back 3 with us and been successful with it, I doubt other managers and teams would have played a system that was out of fashion. 

4 minutes ago, Jas said:

If Conte hadn't played the back 3 with us and been successful with it, I doubt other managers and teams would have played a system that was out of fashion. 

Rodgers did have a good run with it at Liverpool the year they nearly won the league tbf but didn’t use it again after. Then got sacked the next season IIRC.

But Conte did reinvigorate it really although he had been using it in Italy a lot with Juve and Italy NT.

Edited by OneMoSalah

1 minute ago, OneMoSalah said:

Rodgers did have a good run with it at Liverpool the year they nearly won the league tbf but didn’t use it again after. Then got sacked the next season IIRC.

Yup he did. Martinez also did it at Wigan. But don't think anyone really took notice of that because they didn't have any success to go with the system.

3 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

But Conte did reinvigorate it really although he had been using it in Italy a lot with Juve and Italy NT.

True but I think Conte proving the system can be successful in the Premier League was what made it popular again.

3 minutes ago, Jas said:

Yup he did. Martinez also did it at Wigan. But don't think anyone really took notice of that because they didn't have any success to go with the system.

True but I think Conte proving the system can be successful in the Premier League was what made it popular again.

Yeah definitely.

Wenger and Pep got involved and started using it at times after Conte switched. Even Koeman tried matching us up with it and we tore Everton apart. 

Van Gaal was another who used it before also and United were almost ridiculed playing it with him.. just shows

Edited by OneMoSalah

2 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Yeah definitely.

Wenger and Pep got involved and started using it.

Van Gaal was another who used it before also and United were almost ridiculed playing it with him.. just shows

Yup. Think there were at least 10 teams in the Premier League last season that played that system either permanently or on several occasions. 

12 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

I don’t think we can really compare what Tuchel’s done tactically in 6 months against what Mourinho did tactically in his first 2 seasons though and say Tuchel is ahead of him. Or even Contes team. I think maybe only Conte and his title winning team really rivals Mourinho 1.0 really in terms of tactics right now for me. People don’t remember how good Mourinho was at pinpointing a weakness and implementing a game plan around that or finding a way to expose that tactically.

I didnt mean that TT is ahead of them 2, just that he has done stupendiously transforming us is such a short time with a bunch of " younglins " while tactically schooling every elite manager out there.....this commands respect and recognition.

• 4 weeks later...
On 02/07/2021 at 23:03, OneMoSalah said:

I would say tactically (in terms of in game battles with other managers) Tuchel is ahead of Conte.

Conte has a really good system that is perfect for league football but in head to heads against other elite or even just good managers where small details win or lose games he often gets found wanting, hence his record in cups.