The Tuchel Thread

Jase

As predicted, Bayern wiped the floor with Dortmund. Surprisingly, they also played scintillating  attacking football. 
But this quickly became a sideshow when TT picked a fight with Lothar Matthäus in the post match and stormed out of the interview. Will be interesting how Bayern will deal with this. At this point not sure if TT is pulling a Mourinho on purpose by making this about a battle vs the media or if he is just so pissed he doesn’t care. But Bayern management hate this and will at some point fire him for this. 

• 3 months later...
3 hours ago, Vesper said:

absolute shit now

has been for ages

I never want to hear his name brought up again in terms of being a Chels manager again

Why so?

In terms of output he produced with limited resources, to put it lightly, he equaled or beaten the legendary Mou's run. He had the genuine enthusiasm for the team unseen here bar maybe Mou. He was far from yes-man until given death kiss from the board in form of Lukaku. AND he has actual modern tactical knowledge and feel that wipes the floor with every manager after him and most of those before.

He is abysmal with Bayern? Yeah, so are the world-conquering starlets in form of Enzo, Caicedo and whatever another 25 Brighton players we've got here. He at least has an excuse in form of his life being rather rocky lately and Bayern being not less toxic dumpster fire than us. 

He suffered with us at the end of his stint? Yeah, but hundreds of millions Euros, few managers and ~20 players later we still aren't any better, so maybe it wasn't all on him, since we closely avoided relegation battle with his replacement. 

I'd take him back instantly, however have no doubt that manager of his character and gravitas is Clearlake's nightmare fuel. I've seen him frustratingly stubborn but never had I seen him clueless and that's drastic change of quality from what we had later.

Edited by Vegetable

we suffered with tuchel for like the whole calendar year until his sacking. we were playing some afwul football. everything after that is just a bigger disaster. 

bayern is a shitshow also, from the board to the overhyped and non-motivated leaders. nothing surprising after dominating for almost 10 years. bound to happen. unfortunately for tuchel, everyone views it as solely his fault.

People are miraculously forgetting how shit we had become under Tuchel before he was sacked. 

Short memories. 

But let's not hate on a man who delivered our second CL trophy. For most of us.. he will always be a Legend for that alone. 

6 minutes ago, DDA said:

People are miraculously forgetting how shit we had become under Tuchel before he was sacked. 

Short memories. 

But let's not hate on a man who delivered our second CL trophy. For most of us.. he will always be a Legend for that alone. 

Some surely do. But it depends on how you look at it; One can say we became shit under him, one can also say he delayed the inevitable for a season or two.

A lot of people were rightfully signalling the club is going to hit the wall in ugly manner if nothing will be done soon and nothing was done for years. Most of our downfall comes down to sleeping on issues that needed to be resolved before Sarri's appointment and only got worse with time. 

3 hours ago, Vegetable said:

Why so?

In terms of output he produced with limited resources, to put it lightly, he equaled or beaten the legendary Mou's run. He had the genuine enthusiasm for the team unseen here bar maybe Mou. He was far from yes-man until given death kiss from the board in form of Lukaku. AND he has actual modern tactical knowledge and feel that wipes the floor with every manager after him and most of those before.

He is abysmal with Bayern? Yeah, so are the world-conquering starlets in form of Enzo, Caicedo and whatever another 25 Brighton players we've got here. He at least has an excuse in form of his life being rather rocky lately and Bayern being not less toxic dumpster fire than us. 

He suffered with us at the end of his stint? Yeah, but hundreds of millions Euros, few managers and ~20 players later we still aren't any better, so maybe it wasn't all on him, since we closely avoided relegation battle with his replacement. 

I'd take him back instantly, however have no doubt that manager of his character and gravitas is Clearlake's nightmare fuel. I've seen him frustratingly stubborn but never had I seen him clueless and that's drastic change of quality from what we had later.

His replacement was like Moyes going to United back in the day, far too big of a role for a manager of limited experience and quality. 

With the current players we have at the club (and the injuries), if Tuchel was in charge, we wouldn't be better than mid table.  You think he would magically make our defense better without a fit Reece James?   And I'm not really sure what he would do with Mudryk - Sterling - Jackson and Palmer in attack as none of them seem like players that would do well under him. 

Unlike Lampard, he's a serious coach but I would rather keep Poch than bring in Tuchel right now. He was great in 2020-21 when he came in and immediately fixed what Lampard was getting wrong. Credit where its due for figuring out what to do with the pieces he had that season but there was no progression from there and the team never began playing with attacking patterns, he reverted to a back 3 at the first sign of trouble.

Be no point going backwards..what's done was done.

Just sad we haven't progressed since the sacking. Not really got much direction and our play is wacky. Manager appointments haven't really helped the situation however

15 hours ago, Vesper said:

absolute shit now

has been for ages

I never want to hear his name brought up again in terms of being a Chels manager again

6 finals in 15 months  3 wins in a row vs Guardiola wins vs Ancelotti , Simeone , Zidane in that time nobody wanted to play against this Chelsea with squad who was ''shit'' with Lamps  before TT . Now we can only dream of those moments.  Soon we will not have a manager of this level,  probably with Pochettino with his Spurs DNA will be our best level coach in the next 10 years . Have fun.

Edited by milka

18 minutes ago, milka said:

6 finals in 15 months  3 wins in a row vs Guardiola wins vs Ancelotti , Simeone , Zidane in that time nobody wanted to play against this Chelsea with squad who was ''shit'' with Lamps  before TT . Now we can only dream of those moments.  Soon we will not have a manager of this level,  probably with Pochettino with his Spurs DNA will be our best level coach in the next 10 years . Have fun.

We were dire shit at the end of his tenure.

He has been poor at Bayern, despite the addition of Kane.

Hard pass.

as if an elite baller like Tuchel would even be interested in this job now. He will smash lazio in the 2nd leg and reel in neverkusen and shabby alonslow with ease.

but that being said, I wouldn't take him back, need to move on after we hopefully sack Poch at the end of the season. 

10 hours ago, Vesper said:

We were dire shit at the end of his tenure.

He has been poor at Bayern, despite the addition of Kane.

Hard pass.

In his last weeks he was literally was  the face of this club when Abramovich announced he was selling the club and everything was chaos in and out on the pitch with these sanction on the club and  also he had easily back to back top four something miles away from us now .  Our reality is mid  table said Pochettino now .

cats.jpg

On 17/02/2024 at 16:45, lucio said:

as if an elite baller like Tuchel would even be interested in this job now. He will smash lazio in the 2nd leg and reel in neverkusen and shabby alonslow with ease.

but that being said, I wouldn't take him back, need to move on after we hopefully sack Poch at the end of the season. 

Not sure if vizekusen can be caught now. They would need to have a significant drop in performance. Only 3 tough games left for them. Played Bayern, Leipzig, Gladbach all twice already. 

but as seen in their loss today, TT is not the problem. Their squad has become stale. The club is toxic.  They had no real rejuvenation since winning the pretend-Cl in 2020. The you get players they are bringing up don’t quite have the quality.