The Tuchel Thread

Jase

17 hours ago, Vesper said:

not a chance

he is soon sacked

Wouldn’t be so sure.

If they were to put things in place to secure Alonso yes maybe but if they can’t get him, then what? They are being linked with Zidane and OGS to replace Tuchel if they don’t get Xabi Alonso 😂 

Some other names being touted about include Mourinho, Klopp and Hansi Flick too but I doubt any of those will be their top choices for different reasons (well Klopp would be but think the Dortmund connection would mean he would say no even after a year out). 

Edited by OneMoSalah

On 17/02/2024 at 16:45, lucio said:

as if an elite baller like Tuchel would even be interested in this job now. He will smash lazio in the 2nd leg and reel in neverkusen and shabby alonslow with ease.

but that being said, I wouldn't take him back, need to move on after we hopefully sack Poch at the end of the season. 

And he is sacked. Be honest, are u drunk when u are doing thiese kind of statements? 🤣

On 20/02/2024 at 02:36, OneMoSalah said:

Wouldn’t be so sure.

If they were to put things in place to secure Alonso yes maybe but if they can’t get him, then what? They are being linked with Zidane and OGS to replace Tuchel if they don’t get Xabi Alonso 😂 

Some other names being touted about include Mourinho, Klopp and Hansi Flick too but I doubt any of those will be their top choices for different reasons (well Klopp would be but think the Dortmund connection would mean he would say no even after a year out). 

Bayern Munich manager Tuchel to exit at end of season

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/story/_/id/39552971/bayern-munich-manager-tuchel-leave-end-season

Bayern Munich manager Thomas Tuchel will leave at the end of the season, the club announced on Wednesday.

Tuchel's future had been subject to ongoing speculation with the club eight points adrift of Bundesliga leaders Bayer Leverkusen.

Bayern have lost their past three games -- twice in the Bundesliga at the hands of Leverkusen and Bochum, and also a 1-0 defeat by Lazio in the first leg of their Champions League round-of-16 tie last week.

It was the first time that Bayern have lost three competitive games in a row since May 2015, when they had already won the Bundesliga title.

"We have agreed that we will end our working relationship at the end of this season. Until then, I will of course continue to do everything I can with my coaching staff to achieve maximum success," Tuchel said in a statement.

Should Bayern fail to make up the ground on Leverkusen, it would be the first time since the 2011-12 season that they have not won the domestic title.

Tuchel replaced Julian Nagelsmann as Bayern manager last March despite the club being just one point off the top of the Bundesliga and still in the Champions League.

He led them to the league title last season, but only secured the silverware on the final day after Borussia Dortmund's failure to beat Mainz allowed Bayern to leapfrog them.

The summer saw Bayern Munich recruit Harry Kane from Tottenham Hotspur on a deal which could be worth up to €120 million ($131m), and Kim Min-Jae from Napoli for €50m ($55m). But that window also saw Lucas Hernández, Ryan Gravenberch, Benjamin Pavard and Sadio Mané all leave.

Bayern started the season well but have recently struggled to keep pace with Xabi Alonso's unbeaten Bayer Leverkusen, losing four times and drawing twice in 22 games so far.

After their most recent defeat to Bochum on Sunday, Bayern's CEO Jan-Christian Dreesen said Tuchel's future was not up for discussion.

"I am not a fan of monstrous coach-backing statements -- they usually run out after a week," Dreesen said.

"But this [Tuchel's future] is not an issue we are dealing with at the moment. We have to focus on our next matches."

However that proved to be a short-lived view, with Bayern signalling their intention to move on from Tuchel with 12 matches of the season remaining.

"In a good, open discussion, we came to the decision to end our working relationship by mutual agreement in the summer," Dreesen said in Wednesday's statement.

"Our goal is to pursue a new footballing direction with a new head coach for the 2024-25 season. Until then, every individual at the club is expressly called upon to achieve the maximum possible in the Champions League and Bundesliga.

"I also explicitly hold the team accountable in this regard. In the Champions League in particular, after losing 1-0 in the first leg at Lazio, we are convinced we will reach the quarterfinals at a packed Allianz Arena with our fans behind us."

Jurgen Klopp's agent has ruled the Liverpool boss, who is leaving at the end of the season, out of the running to replace Tuchel.

"Jurgen Klopp will not coach any club or national team for a year after this current season," the agent told Sky Sport Germany.

"That remains unchanged."

1 minute ago, Vesper said:

Bayern Munich manager Tuchel to exit at end of season

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/story/_/id/39552971/bayern-munich-manager-tuchel-leave-end-season

Bayern Munich manager Thomas Tuchel will leave at the end of the season, the club announced on Wednesday.

Tuchel's future had been subject to ongoing speculation with the club eight points adrift of Bundesliga leaders Bayer Leverkusen.

Bayern have lost their past three games -- twice in the Bundesliga at the hands of Leverkusen and Bochum, and also a 1-0 defeat by Lazio in the first leg of their Champions League round-of-16 tie last week.

It was the first time that Bayern have lost three competitive games in a row since May 2015, when they had already won the Bundesliga title.

"We have agreed that we will end our working relationship at the end of this season. Until then, I will of course continue to do everything I can with my coaching staff to achieve maximum success," Tuchel said in a statement.

Should Bayern fail to make up the ground on Leverkusen, it would be the first time since the 2011-12 season that they have not won the domestic title.

Tuchel replaced Julian Nagelsmann as Bayern manager last March despite the club being just one point off the top of the Bundesliga and still in the Champions League.

He led them to the league title last season, but only secured the silverware on the final day after Borussia Dortmund's failure to beat Mainz allowed Bayern to leapfrog them.

The summer saw Bayern Munich recruit Harry Kane from Tottenham Hotspur on a deal which could be worth up to €120 million ($131m), and Kim Min-Jae from Napoli for €50m ($55m). But that window also saw Lucas Hernández, Ryan Gravenberch, Benjamin Pavard and Sadio Mané all leave.

Bayern started the season well but have recently struggled to keep pace with Xabi Alonso's unbeaten Bayer Leverkusen, losing four times and drawing twice in 22 games so far.

After their most recent defeat to Bochum on Sunday, Bayern's CEO Jan-Christian Dreesen said Tuchel's future was not up for discussion.

"I am not a fan of monstrous coach-backing statements -- they usually run out after a week," Dreesen said.

"But this [Tuchel's future] is not an issue we are dealing with at the moment. We have to focus on our next matches."

However that proved to be a short-lived view, with Bayern signalling their intention to move on from Tuchel with 12 matches of the season remaining.

"In a good, open discussion, we came to the decision to end our working relationship by mutual agreement in the summer," Dreesen said in Wednesday's statement.

"Our goal is to pursue a new footballing direction with a new head coach for the 2024-25 season. Until then, every individual at the club is expressly called upon to achieve the maximum possible in the Champions League and Bundesliga.

"I also explicitly hold the team accountable in this regard. In the Champions League in particular, after losing 1-0 in the first leg at Lazio, we are convinced we will reach the quarterfinals at a packed Allianz Arena with our fans behind us."

Jurgen Klopp's agent has ruled the Liverpool boss, who is leaving at the end of the season, out of the running to replace Tuchel.

"Jurgen Klopp will not coach any club or national team for a year after this current season," the agent told Sky Sport Germany.

"That remains unchanged."

Seen that yes. 

But everyone, were inferring they would sack him and appoint an interim manager to the end of the season.

I am not surprised one bit that they didn’t go that way. Even more so given the likes of Flick and Ole being banded about as emergency options. Wouldn’t gain anything that way - same way we gained nothing swapping Tuchel for Potter early on & then after sacking Potter for Lampard in with like 8 or 9 games to go 😂

Alonso is first choice but he is also Liverpool’s first choice so it will be interesting to see what he does, and what Bayern/Liverpool do if Alonso rejects them. Imagine letting Klopp leave/getting rid of Tuchel and then not getting Alonso… 

2 hours ago, Gundalf said:

And he is sacked. Be honest, are u drunk when u are doing thiese kind of statements? 🤣

Were you not a graham potter apologist ? Should be more concerned with your own levels of intoxication !!!

tuchel will end the season strongly and move to Barca and dominate 

29 minutes ago, lucio said:

Were you not a graham potter apologist ? Should be more concerned with your own levels of intoxication !!!

He will probably end up at another club in the Premier League.

1 hour ago, lucio said:

Barca or not, Tuchel will be welcomed in big club even more, than Mou was after every of his sackings. Still an elite manager and sane person probably sees the problem of him „struggling” in Bayern (well, that's relative, it's hard not to dominate with Bayern in 98% farmers league, yet it's hard to expect a club to win everything for indefinite amount of time as it's just impossible and it's not like they are battling relegation as we used to recently) is more a problem of Bayern itself, than Tuchel himself (pretty much lighter version of what we have here, although I'm far from rating Poch highly, can't really full scapegoat him here). No comparison to likes of Lampard or Potter.

Modern football is a carousel of million variables, if it won't click it won't, but it usually means more systemic issues, than one player/manager lacking. It's tad more complicated, than spamming million of pages of rating everyone highly when club does good and bashing everyone when things go south.

Andy Goldstein QUESTIONS If Thomas Tuchel Is A BETTER Fit For Liverpool Than Xabi Alonso!

I've seen theories TT replaces Southgate after Gareth leaves at the end of Euros 2024.

Tuchel replaces Arteta in a few seasons or Tottenham after sacking Ange Postecoglou.

Edited by KEVINAA

• 1 month later...

Anyone who thinks Tuchel is or ever was the answer are crazy. Dont even think Chelsea in the current state, would throw a 2-0 lead to fucking Heidenheim.

But but but he won CL.

So did Di Matteo and Avram Grant was a cunthair away from doing it as well. Do we wish them back?

At least those didnt fall out with every single board and dressing room theyve been in.

Edited by calculatingInfinity