The Tuchel Thread

Jase

39 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Tbf though the flopping at Bayern this season began with Nagelsmann. Some iffy results- nothing major but I think theres been something there for a while in terms of the squad.

By the time Tuchel was appointed the titles usually done based on previous seasons so credit to Dortmund but the background changes at Bayern would assume that they blame their transfers/recruitment over the past 24 months for their regression as opposed to directly being Nagelsmann and Tuchel‘s doing. Obviously there was something with Nageslmann but on the bigger picture, theres a big job on there for them this summer.

On 25/05/2023 at 18:12, NikkiCFC said:

Nagelsmann had 3 defeats in 37 games this season. Tuchel 4 in 11. 

6 hours ago, Vesper said:

Yeah but their form and results tailed off after the World Cup also with JN - dropping 12 points from first 10 after it ended. Compared to 10 straight wins before. So they blew their lead under him. 

Not to mention Nagelsmann had Bayern in second before he was dismissed. Was a point yes but it seems likely that despite where they were, they would of dropped more points with Nagelsmann as opposed to Tuchel.

A huge % of their players were fed up of him, his antagonising nature and training sessions.

But yeah Tuchel ultimately got the job done and will undoubtedly ring changes. I think Nagelsmann maybe a great tactician but not got that niche when it comes to managing the big egos

Edited by OneMoSalah

4 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Yeah but their form and results tailed off after the World Cup also with JN - dropping 12 points from first 10 after it ended. Compared to 10 straight wins before. So they blew their lead under him. 

Not to mention Nagelsmann had Bayern in second before he was dismissed. Was a point yes but it seems likely that despite where they were, they would of dropped more points with Nagelsmann as opposed to Tuchel.

A huge % of their players were fed up of him, his antagonising nature and training sessions.

But yeah Tuchel ultimately got the job done and will undoubtedly ring changes. I think Nagelsmann maybe a great tactician but not got that niche when it comes to managing the big egos

TT did not get the job done. Job done for Bayern means win the double, which he failed at the first hurdle. TT got the bare minimum and only bc he got a huge helping hand by Mainz and Bochum. Nags left Bayern one point off the top with plenty matches to play inlcuding one at home against BVB but TT took the hand off the title on the penultimate matchday. I think it's pretty clear which position is better. Surely Nags was probably the wrong fit for them but we are yet to see if TT has learned from past mistakes. Only bc Todd was stupid to sack him does not mean Bayern were smart to make their switch nor that TT has been a success there yet.

11 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

TT did not get the job done. Job done for Bayern means win the double, which he failed at the first hurdle. TT got the bare minimum and only bc he got a huge helping hand by Mainz and Bochum. Nags left Bayern one point off the top with plenty matches to play inlcuding one at home against BVB but TT took the hand off the title on the penultimate matchday. I think it's pretty clear which position is better. Surely Nags was probably the wrong fit for them but we are yet to see if TT has learned from past mistakes. Only bc Todd was stupid to sack him does not mean Bayern were smart to make their switch nor that TT has been a success there yet.

Yes the double would of been their main target. But out of the cup and the league, their main priority would be the league 100%. Clubs like Bayern, Madrid, Barca - they always target the league first. 

Lets be honest, Nagelsmann started them on the rut after the WC. Not saying Tuchel has done excellently at Bayern, far from it, but he did what he had to do and that was win the league. But sitting 2nd on a potential downward spiral with a negative atmosphere in the dressing room (12 points dropped in first 10 after WC) or actually winning the league be it one point or due to someone else taking their eye off the ball - I think its clear which position most would go for (confirmed winning the league….)

I mean people talk about Tuchel having to learn from his past mistakes but he is the only coach to get PSG to a CL final. He won the CL here. He’s won league titles in France and now Germany. Yes its hardly as if he’s been successful completely at Bayern but he’s been there like 3 months.

I’ll be honest there is a lot of strange strange opinions on here regarding Tuchel - it is absolutely baffling if I am honest 🤣 I mean he could of won the treble with Bayern and there would still be some sort of throw away comment or dig or something ridiculous said.

• 5 months later...
14 hours ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

Bayern in 2nd in a one team league and now beat by a third tier team. The heat is going to get more intense if BVB beat them this weekend.

They are usually lagging behind at the start but always win in the end 

19 hours ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

Bayern in 2nd in a one team league and now beat by a third tier team. The heat is going to get more intense if BVB beat them this weekend.

They won't. Bayern have not done too much wrong this season apart from last night. League position does not mean shit this early in the season. 23 points from 27 is a very decent return anyway. Leverkusen and Stuttgart have just been really lucky. There is no chance in hell Bayern won't have won Bundesliga by mid April 2024 but I don't see them doing much in CL tbh. Kane is flattrack-bullying them through the league and they are scoring for fun but defensively, esp. now with de Ligt out for half the season they will struggle in CL latter stages

4 hours ago, DH1988 said:

Would anyone take him back?

Not in million years. 

Could never have success long term. Could only get worse as we saw it anyway. Sarri would be better pick as many others. Tuchel football was painful. For me personally even Potter was less painful. 

27 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Not in million years. 

Could never have success long term. Could only get worse as we saw it anyway. Sarri would be better pick as many others. Tuchel football was painful. For me personally even Potter was less painful. 

only in the last season with us 

the season we won the ucl and season after we provide nice football with very solid defense 

our problem was the lack of quality in our attack

Tuchel is having loud howlers with Bayern, but they aren't doing bad and their situation only proves our very own case, more than his inability - you can't have a winning machine, if the club is a dumpster fire behind the scenes, yet to a smaller extent.

No manager have 100% win cheat code, yet Tuchel:

- Is an elite tactician and elite is something that Chelsea sorely lacks.
- Is a proactive coach, and proactivity is something that Chelsea sorely lacks.
- Actually cares, that is something that Chelsea sorely lacks.
- Proven himself in Chelsea wasteland, where even most talented men turn absolute crap.

Cut the „I know why he was let go but I won't tell” bs. If there was any kind of abuse or misdemeanor, just call it out as sweeping such things under the rug doesn't make you look very good tbh. And if not, just piss off and admit you fired the best man for the job we could come upon for some superficial reasons.

There was talk that TT wasn't interested in recruitment and it was no-go for the owner, but just look at Kepa situation or 3473947 random Brazilian kids and tell me Poch had any say with it. I won't believe, no matter what circumstances, the club would do any worse under Tuchel, than it did with Potter or is doing now. And the „he wouldn't provide long-term success” - like, what do you mean? He does the best he can with resources he has. He won freaking CL. Building for long-term is more on the club than it is on the manager as we can witness right here and right now.

1 hour ago, Vegetable said:

Tuchel is having loud howlers with Bayern, but they aren't doing bad

Well they did sign the best striker from England for like 100 million...not to mention De Ligt, Kim at the back. 

1 hour ago, Vegetable said:

- Is an elite tactician and elite is something that Chelsea sorely lacks.
- Is a proactive coach, and proactivity is something that Chelsea sorely lacks.
- Actually cares, that is something that Chelsea sorely lacks.
- Proven himself in Chelsea wasteland, where even most talented men turn absolute crap.

The funniest thing is, both Mourinho and Ancelotti were far better managers for Chelsea than Tuchel could ever hope to be. 

There is a reason why we won the league under them, it was a team fighting for something.   Tuchel effectively built a cup team that was running on emotion.

12 minutes ago, Reddish-Blue said:

Well they did sign the best striker from England for like 100 million...not to mention De Ligt, Kim at the back. 

Meanwhile we did sign the best striker and defender from Italy for well over 100, I won't get into further details 😆

13 minutes ago, Reddish-Blue said:

The funniest thing is, both Mourinho and Ancelotti were far better managers for Chelsea than Tuchel could ever hope to be. 

There is a reason why we won the league under them, it was a team fighting for something.   Tuchel effectively built a cup team that was running on emotion.

Maybe so, maybe no. Mou kinda invented the "ugly football" that many people criticize Tuchel for (and prefer Potter due to it, lol), and then almost got relegated, yet I don't regret he was our manager for all those stints.

Hard to judge as Mou and Ancelotti had the peak Chelsea at their disposal, both squad and corporate wise, without City or Pool being ridiculously overpowered teams. Meanwhile Tuchel assembled the "cup team" from pretty much variety parts bin in eternal crisis, good enough for me.

Potter thing aside, I have hard time believing that, with due respect, Poch will at least match this run anytime soon.