• Kovacic
    • Werner
    • Ziyech
    • Abraham
    • Pulisic (sub)
    • Giroud (sub)
    • Havertz (sub)

5 minutes ago, Beigl said:

Over the course of the season Liverpool have too much firepower upfront. They will basically flat-track bully their way to the title and will also win most big games, which will be enough for them. Their squad is also very experienced.

Yesterday's game disagrees but anyway, if it's not us, it better be Liverpool or City! Gonna fucking lose it if Spurs win the damn thing! :rant:

Just now, Jason said:

Yesterday's game disagrees but anyway, if it's not us, it better be Liverpool or City! Gonna fucking lose it if Spurs win the damn thing! :rant:

Yesterday was a one-off. I doubt Spurs have the squad depth to challenge for the title. When Son and Kane get isolated they aren´t that great in my opinion.

2 minutes ago, Beigl said:

Yesterday was a one-off.

Don't think so. Liverpool's performance level has fluctuated ever since they won the league title last season and it's also worth noting that they have won only 1 of their PL away games so far this season (vs 10 men!). They still have the firepower but their injuries may catch up with them. 

51 minutes ago, El P. said:

Have we all given up on Werner as a striker? I mean, I get that we have great crossers in team so having Abraham/Giroud maybe makes sense, but come on... Havertz and Pulisic are fit, let's try them with Timo upfront.

I'm actually worried about this. I mean, he's playing so often that he does not have enough time to complain. lol  At some point I think it's fair of him to start questioning his role in the team.

I don't really see what folks see in Abraham, but understand that he gets minutes esp for the pressing and his own development as a player - esp with Pulisic out, but he's definitely a bit pedantic on the ball IMO.

Good to see Pulisic coming back and immediately showing what. he can bring. I'd really like to see Werner and Pulisic playing together - the pace alone will be something very difficult to contain.

How good is Mendy? :) (won't even go into Silva heh)

10 minutes ago, Jason said:

Some of our attacking numbers in the league this season and where we rank compared to others...

Shots - 132 (4th)
Shots on Target - 54 (2nd)
xG - 14.29 (7th)
Goals Scored - 22 (1st)
League Position - 3rd

+ Our defensive numbers in the league this season:

Shots Conceded in Box - 51 (18th)
Shots Conceded outside Box - 44 (9th)
xG Conceded - 7.93 (20th)
Goals Conceded - 10 (18th)
Clean Sheet - 5 (1st)

6 minutes ago, Jason said:

+ Our defensive numbers in the league this season:

Shots Conceded in Box - 51 (18th)
Shots Conceded outside Box - 44 (9th)
xG Conceded - 7.93 (20th)
Goals Conceded - 10 (18th)
Clean Sheet - 5 (1st)

Would be good to do pre and post Kepa.

Last 5 games have been really good for us.

33 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

I'm actually worried about this. I mean, he's playing so often that he does not have enough time to complain. lol  At some point I think it's fair of him to start questioning his role in the team.

One of the reported reasons why Werner chose to join us is because Lampard told him that there won't be a fixed position for him. In other words, Werner's happy to play across different positions in the side as opposed to stick with one when Lampard told him that.

I suspect Werner will play upfront next weekend when Leeds come to the Bridge. 

Let's not forget we were establishing Werner as the striker in this team before puli got injured again.
I fully imagine Werner will lead the line when pulisic is fit.

But 3rd which includes like 4 kepa games and no preseason for a new team is pretty good. They are really starting to gel as a team even if it didn't work today.

I'm not expecting us to win the league this year but to challenge and if we do that I'll be happy.

Let's not forget we were establishing Werner as the striker in this team before puli got injured again.
I fully imagine Werner will lead the line when pulisic is fit.

But 3rd which includes like 4 kepa games and no preseason for a new team is pretty good. They are really starting to gel as a team even if it didn't work today.

I'm not expecting us to win the league this year but to challenge and if we do that I'll be happy.
I'll be happy for us to finish 3rd and challenge unless Spurs finish higher than us. There is no excuse for a team that finished 6th last season to finish above us, especially when we've invested heavily.

I think we will challenge and finish higher than Spurs for sure, however we need to see improvement in how we take our chances for us to do so.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn KB2003 met Tapatalk

It was a simple game. Both played defensive, we tried to play but not too much, spurs on the other hand pretty much play Mourinho away 0-0 playbook. Both of their dm screened our winger quite well,So our best way to attack was crossing from fb, and ziyech drop deeper or middle getting the ball away from their dm and just hit Ziyech ball.

If we want to risk it we can play Havertz or mount in the middle more to force spurs dm to play narrower. 

But it was a dead game that need magic or mistake. We got two, werner offside goal and Giroud "pass" to lloris. 

With healthy and in form puli, we probably will be able to create more. But he looked understandably off.