• Willian
    • Pulisic
    • Giroud
    • Barkley (sub)
    • James (sub)
    • Hudson-Odoi (sub)
    • Abraham (sub)

16 minutes ago, Vegetable said:

With all that unproductive passing and backheels I'm getting serious Sarriball flashbacks, minus the tempo.

I can understand that last year all the top teams had lost the momentum in the end, but what is happening now is beyond me, since the lockdown was more than enough to restore the stamina.

Honestly would say its worse than with Sarri at times. At least you knew we wouldn’t be too bad at playing out and getting to the final third with a bit more urgency and clearer patterns by the players but with the likes of Barkley and Willian (who has been one of our better players since the restart too) it is far too much for them to create something out of nothing. Plus bar Pulisic, really we dont have many guys willing to run in behind or play quickly which is a problem in itself and that includes Giroud as well who isnt mobile enough to be a big threat in behind teams in these scenarios. Werner and Ziyech should help us in this case but again, Franks persistence with someone like Ross is very frustrating he looks as if hes had the instinctiveness and creative side coached out of his game a bit and seems more of a safe player now a days. Subbing a fullback for a fullback is a poor decision in my opinion. Benitez-esque. Although tonight our fullbacks have really done alright and created the bulk of our half decent opportunities that youd feel if we had someone else like the likes of a Raheem Sterling or a proper top CF we would have more goals.

2 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I've been critical of Frank lately but if this ends 1-1 it won't be on him, or the defense!

What are your thoughts about how we play of late? You said we were reverting to the pragmatic ways with Kante as the lone DM but things are still bad and pragmatic even with Jorginho back in that role. 

The difference of footballing and physical levels between teams is visible even for some, who doesn't watch football yet the result is still open in 83rd minute, c'mon…

Just now, Jason said:

What are your thoughts about how we play of late? You said we were reverting to the pragmatic ways with Kante as the lone DM but things are still bad and pragmatic even with Jorginho back in that role. 

Jorginho IS the definition of negative football on this team

7 minutes ago, Jason said:

Not been vintage but speaking purely for tonight we've created more than enough and controlled most of the game, reason it's come to this is because of the lack of quality in crucial moments.