• Pulisic
    • Giroud
    • Barkley (sub)
    • James (sub)
    • Hudson-Odoi (sub)
    • Abraham (sub)

1 minute ago, Vesper said:

the next 4 matches are against

1   arguably the hottest team in the EPL (Manure)

2    one of the best single season EPL sides and the world champions (the dippers)

3 one of our 3 main CL rivals (unless they fuck up against 2 shit teams in their next two games)

4 arguably the best team on the planet (Bayern)

grrrrrrr

the only way it could be worse is swap out Wolves for Shitty 

literally

Forgot about Bayern mainly cause its a game of turning up for lol

Attack and midfield performance were very lethargic but honestly, I'm not super pissed overall. I think our defense had to make only 1 important tackle the whole match so I suppose that's an improvement. Thought Willian and Pulisic looked completely gassed as the match wore on which is why our attacking play really suffered. 

Honeslty, fuck the FA Cup. I would heavily rotate for that one. Put out a competetive side, yes, but the last 2 PL matches are far, far more important. We need Willian and Pulisic as fresh as possible. 

4 minutes ago, Vesper said:

the next 4 matches are against

1   arguably the hottest team in the EPL (Manure)

2    one of the best single season EPL sides and the world champions (the dippers)

3 one of our 3 main CL rivals (unless they fuck up against 2 shit teams in their next two games)

4 arguably the best team on the planet (Bayern)

grrrrrrr

the only way it could be worse is swap out Wolves for Shitty 

literally that is the only way to make it 4 harder games

City is coming in the FA cup final. So there's a chance. 

Just now, DANILA said:

I think we should play a 100% youth side against UTD - who cares? Top 4 infinitely more important. Can't risk injuries or energy

Me!! I bloody care and I'm hoping Frank does too. If it's me I go top side. Send the youngsters to Munich.

Says it all when our best chances really came from crosses from fullbacks.

Ruben, Ross, Willian did nothing of note.

Too slow in attack but the options weren't there either at times, lack of movement in and around Giroud meaning the likes of Willian would slow the game down to go backwards.

Positives:

-3 points

-managed the game ok

-clean sheet (Kepa more or less a spectator)

-decent defensive showing

-didnt concede many big chances

-Reece, Azpi and Alonso put some decent crosses into decent areas where you would ideally want a CF/winger/3rd man runner to come into.

Negatives:

-boring and pedestrian through the middle

-too many safe passes in final third

-no real willingness from any MF players to get into the box regularly

-poor finishing

I would be interested in seeing who had the most touches today, I would imagine Azpi/Alonso will be right up there ahead of all of our attackers.

1 minute ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Me!! I bloody care and I'm hoping Frank does too. If it's me I go top side. Send the youngsters to Munich.

I hope you're the minority here... We need the energy to win the last two games. Willian and Pulisic, our only two decent attacking players, are already exhausted

Kova when fit should be one of the first names on the starting sheet. I really hope his absence of late was strictly due to fitness reasons and nothing else.He might not provide lots of assists and goals, but he'll create space for his teammates with his change of pace and ball retention.

4 minutes ago, DANILA said:

I think we should play a 100% youth side against UTD - who cares? Top 4 infinitely more important. Can't risk injuries or energy

2 wins away from a major trophy. I think you'll find a lot of people care.

The FA Cup might not have the same romantic pull that it has in previous years but going to the old Wembley as a 10 year old to watch Chelsea beat Middlesbrough in 1997 is one of all time favourite Chelsea moments, perhaps only bettered by the first league win and Munich 2012. The FA Cup still matters to me.

4 minutes ago, DANILA said:

I hope you're the minority here... We need the energy to win the last two games. Willian and Pulisic, our only two decent attacking players, are already exhausted

If it was the carling cup, i'd get it, but we're talking FA cup here, that's a big trophee. Frank will definitely see it this way as well and align a strong squad.

11 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Says it all when our best chances really came from crosses from fullbacks.

Ruben, Ross, Willian did nothing of note.

Too slow in attack but the options weren't there either at times, lack of movement in and around Giroud meaning the likes of Willian would slow the game down to go backwards.

Positives:

-3 points

-managed the game ok

-clean sheet

-decent defensive showing

-didnt concede many big chances

-Reece, Azpi and Alonso put some decent crosses into decent areas where you would ideally want a CF/winger/3rd man runner to come into.

Negatives:

-boring and pedestrian through the middle

-too many safe passes in final third

-no real willingness for any MF players to get into the box regularly

-poor finishing

Again, I thought Willian earned praise for his working back even though today wasn't one of those days where he made a difference going forward.

I though we looked a bit sharper when Ross replaced Ruben. Rubes get a pass for the remainder of this season but next term will be important for him. He has to start making significant contributions or the clock will begin to run out. 

Just now, Superblue_1986 said:

2 wins away from a major trophy. I think you'll find a lot of people care.

The FA Cup might not have the same romantic pull that it has in previous years but going to the old Wembley as a 10 year old to watch Chelsea beat Middlesbrough in 1997 is one of all time favourite Chelsea moments, perhaps only bettered by the first league win and Munich 2012. The FA Cup still matters to me.

Can't believe am having to ask this question but which would qualify as a success this season?

• Finish in Top 4 but fail to win the FA Cup OR
  • Win the FA Cup but fail to finish in the Top 4

I know people will say "why not both?" but just between those two choices, which would you consider? 

Not the best attacking performance but obviously the 3 points gained is the most important thing. We dominated them tbf. Well done lads. If we can nick a point of Liverpool then that should be enough for top 4. 

the following assumes Leicester shit out

if we draw verses the dippers and Wolves win the next 2 by 3 (so by one and by 2) or more

we are going to fucking rue the day we did not score more tonight

we are +4 GD with them now

and they have a game in hand

if we come in +1 or worse after a draw with vpool

all they need to do is beat us by a goal and we crash out on GD

if we are +2 (plus +3 is impossible with a draw by us as they would carve off 2 at a minimum with 2 wins ) coming in (we would have 64 points, and they would be on 61) they would have to win by 2 or more (as if level on points and GD we go through as we have more goals scored ,+16 atm)

5 minutes ago, DANILA said:

I'm not buying that. It's Tuesday. We play Sunday - Wednesday. Tell them they're exhausted and they will be. Don't get this wrong Frank.

6 minutes ago, Simon1991 said:

If it was the carling cup, i'd get it, but we're talking FA cup here, that's a big trophee. Frank will definitely see it this way as well and align a strong squad.

I agree about Frank. I think he get's Chelsea and will respect the club's tradition.

Got over the line, but it should have been so more comfortable. Have to be grateful Norwich were so poor, they offered nothing.

I think we're going to need win one of our remaining two games to secure CL football.