Chelsea banned for TWO transfer windows

9 hours ago, Vesper said:

hell no it wouldnt cost anywhere near that unless you are wanting top 2 or 4 in world level for one or 2 of them

we need more than that but

LB Junior Firpo or Chilwell £45m or Alex Telles £55m

CMF Houssem Aouar £55m

RW (play Pulisic at LW) Nicolas Pépé £65m

or keep Puli at RW and buy Hirving Loxano at LW £50m

total cost £165-75m

or with Lozano £150 to 155m

we need more upgrades than just that though (CF thanks to the cunt board not buying Piatek!!) plus an real offensive RB and for fuck sure a great CB) and we certainly have the damn players to sell, even it ends up being for 200m or more LESS than the £620m in hard offers we turned down in summer 2018

For rb, I would rather trust James. The lad deserves a shot atleast.

Also, I personally would take a 30mil hit for willian and keep him another season, while selling Pedro who has been beyond pathetic in my opinion . Sure he scores a goal here or there, but overall just pathetic.

As for CBs, I am not pressing the panic button. We have Rudi, Andreas (who has a mistake in him but is still better than Luiz who somehow gets a free ride from the fans), zouma, ampadu, tomori. So we have the talent, just need to translate that on the pitch.

A jorgingo back up is a must though, 1/2 world class strikers as well as a LB.

13 hours ago, Superblue_1986 said:

The biggest question mark is where the goals are going to come from.

This is my biggest worry. If theres one thing we needed from outside the club via a transfer window, it's a proven established goal scorer.

I see that Reece James and Chalobah have returned to Chelsea to train with the first team for the last couple of weeks of the season now their loans have finished. 

Our season ends late regardless of the Europa League final or not because of the anti-semitism game we're playing in America at the end of the season. It makes sense to get some of these players back in for Sarri to have a look at over the next couple of weeks and maybe get some game time in the States. 

If the ban doesn't get deferred or overturned then the importance of retaining the right players from their loan spells becomes that much more vital and any extra time and opportunity Sarri gets to assess these boys is for the better. These two in particular actually could well fill problem positions in the squad (James the need for a new right back to compete with Azpi, and Chalobah the need for a backup for Jorginho).

2 hours ago, 1905didierblue said:

For rb, I would rather trust James. The lad deserves a shot atleast.

Also, I personally would take a 30mil hit for willian and keep him another season, while selling Pedro who has been beyond pathetic in my opinion . Sure he scores a goal here or there, but overall just pathetic.

As for CBs, I am not pressing the panic button. We have Rudi, Andreas (who has a mistake in him but is still better than Luiz who somehow gets a free ride from the fans), zouma, ampadu, tomori. So we have the talent, just need to translate that on the pitch.

A jorgingo back up is a must though, 1/2 world class strikers as well as a LB.

Oh yes, I am fine with Azpi and Reece at RB, as I think Reece will quickly find his stride and Azpi can give cover at CB. I am getting a lot of stick, but assuming the bans go through, I really want to see if Mario Pašalić can finally break though. He is certainly better than Drinkwater, and I am not sure if Ampadu is up to being Jorginho's full time b/u yet.

I agree on Pedro, EXCEPT if we did sell him, and as CHO is out until December or even January, that leaves us with only TWO wingers, Pulisic and Willian, unless we truly say fuck it and just make Eden stay (which is not going to happen). I think we should make Hazard stay, as the bans are Roman's fault, (he knew damn well what his puppet board were doing) and so Roman should have to pay the piper and eat Eden's transfer fee for the good of the club, BUT Eden may freak out and pack it in. It probably isnt a risk worth taking, and the board has already lost SO much quid on botched deals, so I am sure Roman do a smash and grab if he gets anywhere near 100m euros.

Musonda and Moses and Kenedy are simply not good enough. Musonda is a true shame, as he has immense talent, but is totally fucked in the head. I actually think Sarri MIGHT be able to turn Kenedy into a marauding LB, but I doubt we ever find out. Baba is another who is simply not good enough and needs to be sold.

Hopefully next year, in summer 2020 we can finally grab Barella for a combo DH DMF and a hard driving LMF in rotation. We were so so stupid to get rid of Cesc, he is still up to being a 65th, 70th minute key unlocker in tight games. I think he is the one player Sarri lost his mind over when he was sold by the numpty board and no replacement brought in. Paredes has done great at PSG, so there, along with Barella, were our two biggest fuck-ups this January, after the HUGE one (Higs and passed on PIATEK)

1 hour ago, the wes said:

His two signings will be Higgy and Mateo :ph34r: he as hinted he would like to keep the two of them 

lolol, sigh

we live in a bizarro world, that is for sure

At least it is a new golden age for prospects, so missing the 2019 summer, 2020 January windows will not completely fuck us up, and IF we handle it right and bring back a few key loanees and they play off the charts, we still may sneak into the top four IF Manure (they have an all-out player evolt on their hands due to the 25% mandatory across the board salary cuts every one takes for missing the CL)and Spuds (losing Eriksen, Alderweireld,Trippier, etc) get hammered in the transfer market (Arse,as well if they have no CL to offer)

1 hour ago, Antonio8 said:

why? 

because he doesn't need to be shit stirring right before 2 huge games (possible 3)

to the best players we have, who know there is shit on team, his saying we only need a couple is gaslighting, as they know that is pure rot, and he then opens up the topic to people bringing up the fact we DO have a tonne of dregs, and that flings the poo the opposite way

If we have a window for me I would look at concentrating on 4 players and get the best possible player we can get for each of those (but also that are going to enhance us under how Sarri wants to play):

Centre Back

Left Back

Winger

Striker

The left back is an obvious one. We need someone athletic and mobile to provide width and defensively solid. I would prefer Reece James be promoted and compete with Azpi next season for the right back spot, hence why that isn't on my list.

We need a top centre back to go alongside Rudiger in my opinion. I had high hopes of Christensen but I'm not sure if he'll ever be better than the spot he's in now to be honest. No matter how attacking and expansive we play there will always be tight games where a single goal will nick it - Liverpool and City have these games at times. In order to be in that position to grind out a 1-0 at times, we need to be far more solid at the back and have a leader in there to dominate the defence.

I would love a goalscoring winger, someone in a similar mould to Mane with bags of pace and great movement and desire to get into the box and scoring positions. If a wide player can be recruited who can cover the vast majority of Hazard's goals, then a new striker coming in and potentially getting 20 goals a season suddenly makes our attack look far more potent.

A striker for me is the most pressing need. We need to find someone who can get 18-20 goals a season in the league.

A new central midfielder and second choice striker would also be nice, but the above is far more necessary. I wouldn't be against a couple of 'projects' being signed for these two spots who wouldn't come in under immediate pressure to perform but can be coached and moulded over time to become useful options.

With regards to outgoings, I would sell Hazard if he wants to leave and also Willian. I do not believe that either is suited to how Sarri wants to play to be honest. Both want to get on the ball and dribble with the ball, slow play down, etc. I think Pedro is more suited to Sarri than Willian is which is why he would stay another season, and Willian would still likely command a reasonable transfer fee. 

Obviously some of the squad players should be moved on if there are buyers - Zappa, Drinkwater, Bakayoko, Morata. 

Unless Sarri is confident of Tammy being second choice striker, I'd probably retain Giroud for another season. If we brought a top centre back, I'd be inclined to let Luiz leave and keep Christensen and possibly Zouma.

If a new left back came in, I'd also probably sell Emerson over Alonso. For me in recent weeks Emerson just hasn't impressed enough. Alonso has some major flaws to his game but at the very least he chips in with a few goals a season and his height is an added bonus for set pieces at both ends of the pitch. That for me, puts him as a more effective option to retain than Emerson.

As a few have said, getting rid of a few players with potentially decent sale values, Hazard with a large one and likely two years worth of transfer budgets rolled into one, spending on 4 high quality players in one window I don't see as unrealistic.

13 hours ago, 1chelsea said:

Is it still possible for Chelsea to sign players next season?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

i think we can buy players but not register them for the competitions...

someone correct me if im wrong.

2 hours ago, Vesper said:

because he doesn't need to be shit stirring right before 2 huge games (possible 3)

to the best players we have, who know there is shit on team, his saying we only need a couple is gaslighting, as they know that is pure rot, and he then opens up the topic to people bringing up the fact we DO have a tonne of dregs, and that flings the poo the opposite way

sarri had to defend this group and that's all  imho

to ask news about market the day before a semi final, qualifies a precise type of journalism

6 hours ago, Antonio8 said:

before an europa league semi-final what he has to say?  we need to change 15 players? 

Then he should just keep silent. This only makes us fans more angry. We need a huge overhaul and he says 1-2 players? For real? So either be up front or just say we will look into it soon enough........very simple.

2 hours ago, xPetrCechx said:

So sarri thinks we need only 2 players to save all our problems... lol

idk if i want this ban to be frozen...

As someone said, he is delusional. Not fit to lead us, nor to get us places.

6 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

Then he should just keep silent. This only makes us fans more angry. We need a huge overhaul and he says 1-2 players? For real? So either be up front or just say we will look into it soon enough........very simple.

more angry? that makes me laugh :)  

1-2 players is a politically correct answer, he didn't say the slogan "my players are the best in the world" 

besides, I think that it is better to buy 2 champions, like rakitic and koulibaly, instead of 10 average players like zappacosta  

Convinced the bloke can't win. :lol:

Even if he told the truth that the squad needs a massive overhaul, the Sarri Out brigade will complain that he is only dampening the team's morale ahead of an important semi final and potential final. 

Stay silent? He was asked a bloody question :lol: