Chelsea banned for TWO transfer windows

My only real concern if there is no transfer activity this summer is the lack of goals in our squad.

Take out Hazard as expected, and with CHO and RLC injured I struggle to envision any of our current squad managing to reach 10 goals unless Abraham or Batshuayi came back and it just 'clicked'.

I could cope with everything else, even our full back options, for another season if we had a goalscorer in our squad to be the difference in tight games.

There is one advantage to buying players this summer and that is being in the Champions League should help us with attracting our main targets.

However, we need to be brutally honest that at present we're nowhere near City and even Liverpool and as a result we need to rebuild this squad properly, not in a rushed, panic way. If that means taking a step back next season and finally looking at some of our loan players and giving them a chance to see if they have a future at this club then so be it.

2 hours ago, Superblue_1986 said:

My only real concern if there is no transfer activity this summer is the lack of goals in our squad.

Take out Hazard as expected, and with CHO and RLC injured I struggle to envision any of our current squad managing to reach 10 goals unless Abraham or Batshuayi came back and it just 'clicked'.

I could cope with everything else, even our full back options, for another season if we had a goalscorer in our squad to be the difference in tight games.

There is one advantage to buying players this summer and that is being in the Champions League should help us with attracting our main targets.

However, we need to be brutally honest that at present we're nowhere near City and even Liverpool and as a result we need to rebuild this squad properly, not in a rushed, panic way. If that means taking a step back next season and finally looking at some of our loan players and giving them a chance to see if they have a future at this club then so be it.

There literally is no other option than to apply for the ban to be frozen and go full force in the market for top players whilst we have CL. Otherwise we have to settle for mediocrity next season and beyond.

On 19/05/2019 at 0:58 AM, Vesper said:

who brought up gender?

I don't give a damn (speaking as a female as well, I might add) if she were a 7 foot tall green transsexual Martian

she is SHIT at helping run a massive football club

It's a massive thing in UK/US at the moment - positive discrimination!

Massive distortion 

we havent appealed apparently because we need the written reasons off FIFA first.  You then submit your appeal against those written reasons. 

Right now even though the decision has been made, we need it in writing otherwise we are appealing against nothing... believe it or not.  So that is why the appeal and request to freeze havent been made, we have notified CAS of an intention to appeal i guess, though

4 hours ago, Pizy said:

Think about how demoralizing it'll be if Hazard announces he's leaving just after the final and we then find out that we'll take the ban and essentially give up on next season before it even starts. 😒

Would be made even worse if we lose the final to Arse and gift them a European trophy and CL football.

Probably how it'll all play out.. Just cause

11 hours ago, Pizy said:

Think about how demoralizing it'll be if Hazard announces he's leaving just after the final and we then find out that we'll take the ban and essentially give up on next season before it even starts. 😒

Would be made even worse if we lose the final to Arse and gift them a European trophy and CL football.

And people want Lampard to pick up that mess.... SMH.

15 hours ago, DDA said:

And people want Lampard to pick up that mess.... SMH.

If that happens I much rather have Lamps as boss. He will bring togetherness and passion....bond and that Chelsea attitude. He will game to our strenghts. Cuz Sarri will just keep on doing what he has done, no matter how crap or good his squad is.

33 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Did we appeal? It's last day right? 

I believe this 21 day rule is actually once FIFA provide us with the written reasons for rejecting the appeal and from what I understand they haven't provided this yet.

Can someone please please explain to me what the fuck is going on as regards the ban and the application to CAS?

Yeah standing as at the moment there's a two window transfer ban in operation?

We are then making the application to CAS for a delay in the implementing of it?

I read as of yesterday CAS has not received any formal notice from CFC?

I'm stumped haven't got a clue as to what's going on, the situation is plain ridiculous. 

And added to this we've now got to find a new manager, this club has now got into such a mess it don't know which way to turn.

Yep, the board are too busy milking Real Madrid money for Hazard, and trying to get rid Sarri as soon as possible at the moment. Maybe has started to negotiate with the future manager, because they would want to announce Sarri departure and the new manager at a close time. No time to think about the bloody appeal. Income money first.

1 hour ago, bigbluewillie said:

Can someone please please explain to me what the fuck is going on as regards the ban and the application to CAS?

Yeah standing as at the moment there's a two window transfer ban in operation?

We are then making the application to CAS for a delay in the implementing of it?

I read as of yesterday CAS has not received any formal notice from CFC?

I'm stumped haven't got a clue as to what's going on, the situation is plain ridiculous. 

And added to this we've now got to find a new manager, this club has now got into such a mess it don't know which way to turn.

The 29th of May was the last day they could have appealed to CAS (after the FIFA ruling, we were given 21 days to appeal to CAS) We did not, as far as I can see after a fairly thorough search, appeal it in time.

https://www.fifa.com/about-fifa/who-we-are/news/fifa-appeal-committee-passes-decision-on-appeal-lodged-by-chelsea-fc

here is the CAS website, with list of hearings, we are not on it

https://www.tas-cas.org/en/general-information/news-detail/article/list-of-hearings.html

I think this is their reasoning:

Chelsea might accept transfer ban in bid to see it reduced

https://metro.co.uk/2019/05/23/chelsea-might-accept-transfer-ban-bid-see-reduced-9658111/